No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Admits Cotto Fight Lost Luster, Eyes May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    If you actually watched the fights instead of looking at Boxrec, you'd know Delvin beat Theopane and Hlatshwayo and got some sore ass decisions. Delvin is an excellent 154 fighter and better than any of the 154 fighters Canelos faced. Im a fan of Ginger but that's a fact.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    If he was really that good a fighter, why the controversial decisions vs not 1 but 2 "c" level fighters? What about the Loss to Rafal Jackiewicz? That's what I thought.

I think what you're saying is a bit of a stretch. Canelo has beat guys with KO power and former champions. Let's not completely trash him and say his record is worthless, because in reality it's not. But people have to say something when the fact is Canelo had very dangerous fights lined up with P. Will and V. Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
      Canelo has yet to fight a live body who is natural JMW (maybe Ryan Rhodes was the only one) or even a natural WW, so I'd like to see him try.
      Trust me, we ALL do. Both fans and haters of Canelo. My beef is that people go out of their way to downplay this kids talent. To say that Canelo sucks because he is untested is one thing, but to say that guys like Lara, Vanes, Kirkland...etc. are better and will beat Canelo when they too have not beat ANYBODY "worthy" is a bit ironic don't you think?

Trout beat Cotto so now he will automatically beat Canelo? Come on, that's insane. Styles make fights and people need to start giving credit where it's due. Canelo is a legit fighter. He has tried to make the tough fights, but they fell through. People forget that and just see who he has faced, not tried to face.

Preaching to the choir, but I really hope Canelo faces pillow-fisted Trout so that when Canelo KO's Trout, this nonsense talk ends once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
        If he was really that good a fighter, why the controversial decisions vs not 1 but 2 "c" level fighters? What about the Loss to Rafal Jackiewicz? That's what I thought.

I think what you're saying is a bit of a stretch. Canelo has beat guys with KO power and former champions. Let's not completely trash him and say his record is worthless, because in reality it's not. But people have to say something when the fact is Canelo had very dangerous fights lined up with P. Will and V. Ortiz.
        Paul Williams had been obliterated by Martinez and thrashed by Lara, so I do wonder how dangerous that fight really was. More dangerous than Lopez since Williams was actually around the same size, but still.

Comment

So I guess he'll be fighting Angulo. I think El Perro's last performance may have earned him a shot at Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
            Trust me, we ALL do. Both fans and haters of Canelo. My beef is that people go out of their way to downplay this kids talent. To say that Canelo sucks because he is untested is one thing, but to say that guys like Lara, Vanes, Kirkland...etc. are better and will beat Canelo when they too have not beat ANYBODY "worthy" is a bit ironic don't you think?

Trout beat Cotto so now he will automatically beat Canelo? Come on, that's insane. Styles make fights and people need to start giving credit where it's due. Canelo is a legit fighter. He has tried to make the tough fights, but they fell through. People forget that and just see who he has faced, not tried to face.

Preaching to the choir, but I really hope Canelo faces pillow-fisted Trout so that when Canelo KO's Trout, this nonsense talk ends once and for all.
            GB must think such fights would present some kind of a challenge to Canelo or else they probably would have matched him against one of them already instead of feeding him blown-up JWW or old , worn out fighters like Mosley.

Comment

If Canelo beats trout Mayweather will never fight him. Look how upset he was about Trout beating Cotto better then him. If Canelo wants a mayweather fight he better pick a bum in may and barley beat him or he'll make Floyd go into hiding/retirement again.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                GB must think such fights would present some kind of a challenge to Canelo or else they probably would have matched him against one of them already instead of feeding him blown-up JWW or old , worn out fighters like Mosley.
                I'm sure you are right, GBP must think fights are a challenge and they are protecting their investment. Why wouldn't you? You have a 22 year old phenom with lots of potential. I get it, he is the Champ and should give those a chance to fight for the belt. No dispute there.

I'm sure GBP is trying to make the most financially sound fight i.e. Mayweather. Seeing as how that seems unlikely for Cinco de Mayo weekend, I'm sure they will opt for a less challenging fight in order to build up to a potential fight in September with Money. Let's just hope that fight is with Trout. Canelo has a lot to prove and everyone (fans or foes) thinks it's time.

Comment

when is Trout gonna get to beat that ass?!?...thats all I wanna know...all that other yadda yadda ish can miss me...Oscar need to let the poodle off the leash

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    when is Trout gonna get to beat that ass?!?...thats all I wanna know...all that other yadda yadda ish can miss me...Oscar need to let the poodle off the leash
                    Trout still has that 0 and hasn't gotten KO'd yet so no time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                      So I guess he'll be fighting Angulo. I think El Perro's last performance may have earned him a shot at Canelo.
                      Dude, Angulo will beat ginger. I sometimes wonder if people even realize what they're seeing. (Not you, just boxing fans in general).

Yes, Angulo struggled last time. But obviously that kid he fought was a beast. I'll go as far as saying that that kid would beat ginger his damn self. The fact is that ginger gets hit just as much as Angulo does. The difference being Angulo usually gets hit by fighters (his) size from (his) weight class. Get my drift.

Fighters should take the punches from smaller men better, ala ginger getting hit by jr welterweights. I can guarantee that ginger won't take Angulo's power as good as he took Josesito's.

Comment

Working...
                      X