Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wll Bob Arum work with Cotto again? Will he hate on Cotto-Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wll Bob Arum work with Cotto again? Will he hate on Cotto-Mayweather?

Im asking this because, if you dont do as Arum says, he will hold a grudge on you and wont want to work again with you. Like he did with Oscar and Floyd.

will he want to have Cotto face chavez or Pacquiao still?

Will he try to downgrade Cotto and shit on the fight, out of frustrationan?

I think this time he will keep mum, just cuz he might still want Cotto to fight Chavez jr or Pacquiao specially if Cotto beats Floyd(long shot)

arum will keep his mouth shut. cottos contract expired and he made a wise decision. i dont think its anyhting personal between them.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      arum will keep his mouth shut. cottos contract expired and he made a wise decision. i dont think its anyhting personal between them.
      Im leaning to think that, but Arum wants ***** done his way, if not hill start hating and holding grudges

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Arum reacts, Cotto was very upfront with them it seems and didn't go behind their back.

Still Floyd is going to be running his mouth a lot, so even if Cotto tries to stay out of it Bob is going to have to come back and how can he go at the fight without going at Cotto.

Right now I think things are good and Cotto could easily go back by the time the fight rolls around that may not be the case and if that happens it will be because Arum started slinging mud first.

Comment

I posted quotes from Arum and DuBoeff earlier. They're from The Ring and ESPN articles.

They both acknowledged that it was a great deal and actually advised Cotto to take it. They wished him well and had nothing but good things to say.

Comment

I think he's going to start talking **** and will never do anything with Cotto again. Look at all the things he said about Floyd when he left and Oscar before him. He went off on Donaire last year cause he tried to leave. Arum is a bitter and greedy old man.

Comment

$15 million guarantee+PPV money is more than anything Arum could have offered Cotto with either Pacquiao or Chavez Jr. if Arum is the good businessman he is, he would just stay shut and give Cotto his props for getting all that money, that way Cotto comes back to fight a Top Rank fighter on a fight by fight basis and Arum still makes his money.

Comment

He will hold a big time grudge. See arum fully expected for Cotto to bend over & take it dry for Pacman at 147. He'll never forgive this.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  I posted quotes from Arum and DuBoeff earlier. They're from The Ring and ESPN articles.

They both acknowledged that it was a great deal and actually advised Cotto to take it. They wished him well and had nothing but good things to say.
                  That is right now though, a couple months of Floyd running his mouth could easily get Arum's blood boiling, which could easily lead to him saying something that angers Cotto, then that becomes a tit for tat sort of thing.

If Arum just pays attention to his business they should stay cool.

Comment

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI Close
                    Talked to Bob Arum, who had nothing but complimentary things to say about @RealMiguelCotto. Says he lived up to his contract. Happy for him

Comment

Working...
                    X