Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Terence Crawford's Top Rank Contract Almost Up (2021)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Terence Crawford's Top Rank Contract Almost Up (2021)?

I know none of us really know the details of his contract but he's going into his 4th fight (let's say it's Kell Brook) since re-upping with Top Rank before the Benavidez fight. We know it was a multi-year / multi-fight contract. The confusion early on was that he signed until 2025 which in fact wasn't the case more so than that being Top Rank's contract w/ ESPN. I can't imagine he would've signed for anything more than 4-5 fights which we're literally reaching in his next fight or 2. Though I wanted to give Bob & TR the benefit of the doubt at potentially landing Crawford the fights he needs, I'm more than convinced Crawford needs to leave Top Rank. Historically the main guys who've left Bob seemingly have ended up launching into their biggest fights be it Floyd fighting Oscar, Cotto fighting Floyd, or even Manny in the latter years getting 2 big paydays against Broner and Thurman he wouldn't have gotten under Bob. If Crawford DOES resign with Top Rank I honestly can't feel bad for him anymore.

it was so strange to hear bob arum a couple of years ago say that porter and garcia werent elite

then late last year in the weeks leading up to the mean machine fight arum kept mentioning porter as someone they were looking forward to after they got through that fight.....he even stated it after the fight....then a couple of weeks later crawford was interviewed and said "thats not on our radar" after kenny porter publicly came out and said "call us we can make a fight"....

arum also seemingly had 0 interest in making crawford/pac when pac was still at TR....you have to believe that bob believed that manny was washed up, wanted too much money and that crawford wouldnt get any real cred for beating manny then.....manny goes and beats thurman and now all of the sudden bob is like "oh man yeah we need crawford/pac"....

bob has been great at what he does no question...but hes sneaky in what he says and how he operates...he likes to mention the pbc guys thinking they wont answer or talk...but when porters dad said, essentially, they had the blessing to make a fight team crawford retracted......now many months later they start bringing up porter again after saying "hes not on our radar".......he kept talking about danny too knowing full well haymon had other plans for danny

the spence fight would be alot easier to make if crawford werent with TR but it doesnt have to happen that way.....we have to see how spence looks, feels and does against danny.....and we have to see what happens with pac next because spence/pac could be a thing too....but its still a fight that can be made even if crawford is with TR....just wouldnt expect haymon to be willing to give up any of his guys to crawford in the mean time...unless they offer porter or danny(probably coming of a loss) real good money

Comment

If Crawford doesnt fight Spence after he fights opponent X and Spence fights DSG then I'm over the Crawford no matter what. Spence has to prove he is still top notch by fighting DSG and Crawford can stay busy against Brooks or somebody but after that it's all bull**** if he dont swing for unifying

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        If Crawford doesnt fight Spence after he fights opponent X and Spence fights DSG then I'm over the Crawford no matter what. Spence has to prove he is still top notch by fighting DSG and Crawford can stay busy against Brooks or somebody but after that it's all bull**** if he dont swing for unifying
        Spence will be forced to fight mandatories or get stripped next if he beats Garcia so how is Crawford supposed to unify with him next?

Comment

Crawford has made a living fighting nobodies in ****in Nebraska. Idk why anyone likes this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxxymcboxface View Post
            Crawford has made a living fighting nobodies in ****in Nebraska. Idk why anyone likes this guy.
            i think crawford is real good...but you arent really all that wrong....porter literally has like 5 guys on his resume who are all better fighters than crawfords best win....

crawfords affiliation with TR has him in this spot...bob likes to play games and when others play back it can cost some of his fighters

never forget how they were shouting porters name late last year...then after the mean machine fight kenny porter said "call us we can make a fight" and a week later crawford was on camera saying "porter isnt on the radar...theres nothing there for me".....

i still think hes an excellent fighter and id like to see how good he is or isnt....but i do think hes getting a pass on the eye test with a lofty p4p ranking

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
              Spence will be forced to fight mandatories or get stripped next if he beats Garcia so how is Crawford supposed to unify with him next?
              I've seen weirder things happen and unification trumps mandatories if they ask nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                I've seen weirder things happen and unification trumps mandatories if they ask nicely
                If the IBF stripped Canelo they will strip Spence. They already have Lipinets fighting some other guy for the interim title in preparation for stripping Spence in case he refuses to honor his mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxxymcboxface View Post
                  It's pretty amazing how weak his resume is. And he's like 33 now right?

I'm not saying he's not good, but I do think there's a pretty good chance that he's quite a bit overrated. He has never been in the ring with anyone close to A level. So how do we know how good he truly is? And he got dropped by frigging Kavaliauskas (with all due respect to Kavaliauskas) and outlanded Kavaliauskas by a whopping ten total punches in their fight. Before he finally got to Kavaliauskas and finished him off -- and credit to him for that of course, but up til then he was going life and death with the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                    If the IBF stripped Canelo they will strip Spence. They already have Lipinets fighting some other guy for the interim title in preparation for stripping Spence in case he refuses to honor his mandatory.
                    In that case I would tell Spence to drop the IBF and fight Crawford. That's the legacy fight and win or lose move up to 154 after that fight. Hell go to 160 if he can get the right fight at middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X