No announcement yet.

Who are we?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are we?

Each question is a different pair of fighters.

1) We fought each other twice for the world title and we both died young within four months of each other. Who are we?

2) We fought each other once to a split decision. One of us is our countries greatest ever fighter and was for a while the number one contender but was denied a shot at the title due to a detached retina. The other was a top five contender whose grandson is currently a contender at light-middleweight. Who are we?

3) We fought each other once for the European title and we were both European champions but neither of us could get the better of dominant world champions in each of our world title fights. One of us was an Olympic Gold Medalist with a brother that was also a European champion whilst the other is one of the few fighters from his era to have admitted to doping. Who are we?

3) I think I have half the question, or I just wasted an hour. Finnegan brothers ?

Comment

yes, you have half the question!

Comment

1) I'm wondering... will 4 months and 5 days do?

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
          yes, you have half the question!
          So Chris Finnegan vs Tom Bogs for the European title

Comment

Jorge Paez Jr.

Comment

1) I'm wondering... will 4 months and 5 days do?
              To be more precise then yes

Originally posted by Ryan8777 View Post
              So Chris Finnegan vs Tom Bogs for the European title
              Correct.

Comment

1) I was a bit unsure about the "within"... if it meant, they died no more than 4 months apart. But since Greb and Flowers died more than a year apart, I figured it could only be Galindez - Fourie.

2) Mauro Mina - Henry Hank

Excellent questions, by the way (and here I would have liked to give you a "smile" or "thumbs up", but I can't get it to work!).

Comment

1) I was a bit unsure about the "within"... if it meant, they died no more than 4 months apart. But since Greb and Flowers died more than a year apart, I figured it could only be Galindez - Fourie.

2) Mauro Mina - Henry Hank

Excellent questions, by the way (and here I would have liked to give you a "smile" or "thumbs up", but I can't get it to work!).
                  Yeah it should have been 'within five months', that was a confusing mistake on my part.

Well done both answers are correct.

Comment

Working...
                  X