Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loeffler & Golovkin are asked if they'll do what Brook did and move up 2 weight cla

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    ive never said anything about floyd or pacquiao. and i didnt demand brook go up for the fight, it was his choice. Cotto and canelo were both middleweight champions, they were both happy to fight **** middleweights, but not happy to fight a good one, so they are duckers whichever way you make it out to be. Is that what you want GGG to do, go up to super middle, fight a few bums but dodge the good ones like them two clowns have done?
    Like Golovkin tried to do at 168? 164 for Ward.

Comment

Andre Ward should move up two weight classes if GGG faces him

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        You're missing my point. I know what weight class he's in. I couldn't believe they would take such a hardline on Canelo at 160 if they really wanted to get the fight made. Especially considering Abel said he can make 154 for Floyd. So they were saying if Canelo offered 159 they wouldn't accept it.
        They were in the right. There's never been a Mando fight at a CW. But that's something that can be resolved in negotiations, except team Canelo refused to negotiate cause they didn't want it at any weight

Comment

Loeffler says the Kell Brook situation is different because Kell is having problems making weight and he's a big welterweight. And also Kell Brook is having problems getting guys to fight him at welterweight.

GGG says he's not a big guy and his goal is all the middleweight titles. He'll go to 154 for a big fight or 168 for a big fight. But middleweight is his focus

Timestamp for Tom Loeffler's answer
          https://youtu.be/JusouLbElbw?t=9m36s

Timestamp for GGG's answer
          https://youtu.be/1DUHDgAqzGk?t=3m28s
          Since when is GGG's responsible for Kell brook's decisions?

Kell is taking a career high payday and they are making a big show in the UK.

You can stay salty of GGG's success. After some years of suffering he's finally being rewarded.

Comment

You're missing my point. I know what weight class he's in. I couldn't believe they would take such a hardline on Canelo at 160 if they really wanted to get the fight made. Especially considering Abel said he can make 154 for Floyd. So they were saying if Canelo offered 159 they wouldn't accept it.
            floyd is an exception though, why make special allowances for canelo, hes not some amazing fighter like floyd is.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              They were in the right. There's never been a Mando fight at a CW. But that's something that can be resolved in negotiations, except team Canelo refused to negotiate cause they didn't want it at any weight
              yeah, do wish GGG had called his bluff on it though and said okay we will fight you at that weight. Be funny to see canelo squirm his way out of it 'oh but we want the fight in mexico though'

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post

Kell is taking a career high payday and they are making a big show in the UK.

You can stay salty of GGG's success. After some years of suffering he's finally being rewarded.
                yeah, i know right. People make it sound like GGGs dragged kell brook up from welterweight against his will. Brooks not an idiot, hes an undefeated fighter. He wouldnt go up in weight if he thought he was going to get annihilated.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  Hes not and Brook is getting praise for that decision. "Daring to be great"

GGG on the other hand is getting major crap for his decision to fight a WW and rightfully so

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Like Golovkin tried to do at 168? 164 for Ward.
                    Thats a one off catchweight fight. if golovkin was fighting at 164 for a few fights, and was a super middleweight champion, and ward offered him the fight and he said no then that would be a duck in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Hes not and Brook is getting praise for that decision. "Daring to be great"

GGG on the other hand is getting major crap for his decision to fight a WW and rightfully so
                      "Daring to be great" for four times his maximum payday. Yeah, I call that daring to be rich.

Comment

Working...
                      X