Edwin Valero - could've been a legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Valero - could've been a legend

I'll always remember him.

He was one of my favorites and I saw a bright future for him. He his technique was improving no doubt as he showed in his last fight, vs DeMarco.

I believe Valero would beat everyone at 140 by KO cause he was a true mother****er.....

I was sad when I heard about his death I really liked him...but I felt that was going to happen when he was taken to "jail", I believe the whole case was set up. I don't believe he killed his wife and I don't believe he killed himself, him killing himself is as legit as Gatti killing himself.

Although I got red k'd and called an idiot for saying he's probably going to be killed, as it happened the next morning

It's a shame shotime just stopped talking about him, they didn't even give him a count like they normally do when boxers die. He was a huge figure for them and I was sicken how they ignored his death like that.

He was just to good to be true, I miss Edwin.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
      I'll always remember him.

He was one of my favorites and I saw a bright future for him. He his technique was improving no doubt as he showed in his last fight, vs DeMarco.

I believe Valero would beat everyone at 140 by KO cause he was a true mother****er.....

I was sad when I heard about his death I really liked him...but I felt that was going to happen when he was taken to "jail", I believe the whole case was set up. I don't believe he killed his wife and I don't believe he killed himself, him killing himself is as legit as Gatti killing himself.

Although I got red k'd and called an idiot for saying he's probably going to be killed, as it happened the next morning

It's a shame shotime just stopped talking about him, they didn't even give him a count like they normally do when boxers die. He was a huge figure for them and I was sicken how they ignored his death like that.

He was just to good to be true, I miss Edwin.

RIP
      I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy but ... did they ever say why he killed his wife?

I mean there must have been a reason.... If I walked in on my wife ****ing my best friend on my bed and I have a weapon near by, I might off them aswell.

would that make me a monster? probably not. Although alot of people say there was something wrong with him. He acted "possessed" even when he train people were intimidated by the guy.

I don't really blame him or killing himself... Venezuela literally has some of the worst prisons on earth

Comment

i assume the guy had some mental problems after his accident. he had skills/power, but not sure if he would've been an atg. he still had ways to go. he would probably beat rios though tbh. messed up but sad story. rest in peace to his wife

On February 5, 2001, Valero was involved in a severe motorcycle accident in which he wasn't wearing a helmet. He fractured his skull and had surgery to remove a blood clot. This injury was sustained prior to him launching his pro career, and it created roadblocks to major bodies sanctioning his fights. Valero claimed that his Venezuelan doctor cleared him to fight on January 17, 2002, and he turned pro that July with a first-round KO.
        Valero appeared to hit the jackpot when he was signed after his 12th pro fight by Golden Boy Promotions. Valero was scheduled to appear on HBO's Boxing After Dark, but in January 2004, he failed an MRI due to brain scan irregularities in New York and thus was not allowed to fight in the United States. As a result, the fight did not take place. He continued to fight outside the US and on March 25, 2008, Valero was cleared to box in the state of Texas,

On March 25, 2010, Valero was again accused of assault, this time by his wife, who was sent to hospital for bruises and a damaged lung. Valero denied any wrong-doing, stating his wife stumbled from a stairway but investigators doubted him. His wife later told authorities that her injuries were caused by an accident on some stairs, despite the fact that she had been treated for similar injuries twice before at the hospital. Because of the vicious personality he showed at the hospital where his wife was treated, Valero was sent for six months of psychiatric rehabilitation
        in the last paragraph, sounds like she ended up 'lying' out of fear.

but yeah, he could have been something in boxing for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          i assume the guy had some mental problems after his accident. he had skills/power, but not sure if he would've been an atg. he still had ways to go. he would probably beat rios though tbh. messed up but sad story. rest in peace to his wife

in the last paragraph, sounds like she ended up 'lying' out of fear.

but yeah, he could have been something in boxing for sure.

........yea I guess it wasn't a heat of the moment type of thing, It sounds like he regularly abused her.

Comment

Great waste of talent man, very tragic moment in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
              Great waste of talent man, very tragic moment in boxing
              yup. check this out, valero says they kicked him out of de la hoya's training camp for pacquiao. that they didn't want a strong guy like valero beating him up (a lightweight). he also says de la hoya was lazy in camp, not training fully, like not wanting to run and stuff.

Comment

Dont really think Valero was anything special. I mean who was his best opponent? Demarco!! Come on.. He was talented but not all that great like some people make hm out to be. It was just a matter of time before he would of lost.. Juan Manuel Maquez would of schooled him, Robert Guerrero would also box him to death at 135. Rios is too big and IMO would KO him. At 140 he would get ****ed up even worse by the likes of Bradely, Khan, Maidana, even the Morales that fought Maidana wuld of schooled Valero. Valero wasnt ****t, he is the Venezuelan version of Katsidis or Rocky Juarez..****en gate keepers at best. Women murderers should not even be mentioned at all IMO.. **** that fool,may he rest in hell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                  Dont really think Valero was anything special. I mean who was his best opponent? Demarco!! Come on.. He was talented but not all that great like some people make hm out to be. It was just a matter of time before he would of lost.. Juan Manuel Maquez would of schooled him, Robert Guerrero would also box him to death at 135. Rios is too big and IMO would KO him. At 140 he would get ****ed up even worse by the likes of Bradely, Khan, Maidana, even the Morales that fought Maidana wuld of schooled Valero. Valero wasnt ****t, he is the Venezuelan version of Katsidis or Rocky Juarez..****en gate keepers at best. Women murderers should not even be mentioned at all IMO.. **** that fool,may he rest in hell!!!
                  what about women beaters?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy but ... did they ever say why he killed his wife?

I mean there must have been a reason.... If I walked in on my wife ****ing my best friend on my bed and I have a weapon near by, I might off them aswell.

would that make me a monster? probably not. Although alot of people say there was something wrong with him. He acted "possessed" even when he train people were intimidated by the guy.

I don't really blame him or killing himself... Venezuela literally has some of the worst prisons on earth
                    what experience or knowledge qualifies you to make such assertions

Comment

Working...
                    X