Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

floyd being past his prime is an advantage for pacquiao..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
    everyone knows pac has been in more wars than floyd, therefore he is more worn than floyd..........
    floyd is still afraid to fight a past prime and a part time boxer pacquiao. Lol.

Comment

Flyod is deffinitely still on his primce, too bad he only fights wash up, old, overweight boxers, plus still wants every advantage imaginable. Its rediculous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by b4real View Post
        Past your prime in sports don't mean ****.... A veteran with good skills make up for age..... I.e. Ali, Robinson, Holyfield , La motta , Chavez see where im going.... Most great fighter who fight past there prime have the skills to still be better of 90% of boxing......

agree......but in Floyud's case it's 100%

Comment

"roach said"...this is one of the most famous thread subject on nsb and it gets dumber everytime. whatever roach said is his own opinion and he doesn't have to base his opinion on somebody else's opinion just like some of this simpletons are doing. just because roach said so doesn't mean that's exactly what's going to happen.

Comment

Some of Floyd physical may be on the decline but personally he's better than I've ever seen him; he;s smarter than Manny which will be the reason why he
            ll beat him.

Comment

Unfortunately, Floyd is no longer in his absolute prime. But he's still pretty damn good.

Comment

Lol..........

Comment

Originally posted by Versatility View Post
                  like freddie roach said floyd doesnt use his legs anymore

floyd doesnt use combinations anymore, his work rate has decreased, his speed isn't the same how it used to be.

apart from that floyd will be 34 years old by the time this fight will happen..they werent ready for him before, roach saw something in the mosley fight.

either way a past prime floyd still beats manny, but is floyd being past his prime an advantage for manny? like if floyd was in his prime he would massacre pacquiao gatti style, but right now since floyd is past his prime this match-up becomes a bit closer

if this fight happened at 140 it would have been probably the best showing of each-others prime. Although Pacquiao's skills have increased at his stay at 147, his speed has slightly decreased. At 140 Pacquiao seemed even quicker than Floyd. I remember not even seeing the punch land and Ariza going on how that camp was amazing. At WW Floyds hands seem even a tad quicker than Pacquiao, but Pacquiao makes up for it with his foot speed, combinations and unorthodox style.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Prime is a hard thing to nail down.

I think Physically he may be past his prime in the sense that he probably isn't quite as fast as he used to be.

But mentally I think he's sharper then ever.

I like to think of Bernard hopkins, who at age 36 I would consider still in his prime. It was his peak imo because mentally, he became a true executioner of his abilities and strategy. I see floyd in the same way right now.

Sure he may have lost fractions of a second of the speed of his punch, but he is on top of his game right now.
                    Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                    Floyd has been past his prime even before Roach made his statements..but people are confusing the meaning, past his prime doesnt exactly mean hes no longer good..just..Floyd is past it in the sense that hes not what he used to be..but he is still great and the best boxer in the world right now..
                    I agree with both of these statements. I think people say that floyd is past his prime because they think about boxing in just the physical sense. Even though this is the right thinking when you are talking about almost everybody else except for floyd. He turns the fight into more of a mental battle than a physical battle. He makes you think about what you are going to do next and then makes you second guess your decision.

There is going to be a point when the mental is not gone be able to compensate for the physical but I hope I never see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogler View Post
                      manny was past prime since the first bloody EM fight. that's how *****s think right? like how they said hatton and cotto were past prime after losing only 1 fight before they fought manny. so it's floyd who's fighting a past prime manny
                      actually bro PAC was past his prime after his first loss to torreocampo, tsk tsk he was never the same, he was shot after singsurat and should have just retired after morales ... lolz

Comment

Working...
                      X