No announcement yet.

Lucas matthysee vs Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Rios ain't gonna want that fight.

I wasn't confident Matthysse still had it, but he showed he's still serious in the game & idk that I'd say that about Rios right now so I got doubts that fight gets made & I got much more serious doubts this fight is winnable for Rios.

Comment

Rios should go through an extensive medical evaluation, not the one from the athletics commission, a real one that really evaluates a persons brain activity and does scans and all that. He doesn't sound right and sending him out there again would be irresponsible for anyone involved, let alone putting him in there with Matthysse.

Comment

its a good match, I remeber in sparring Lucas dropped rios with a body shot and on a seperate sparring match Rios rocked lucas.

I think they both at the level imo, lucas always just looked better to the eye for the sole reason is that he uses his distance (cause thats the only way his punches have pop) and rios is more of an inside style by choice (rios punches have alot more pop on the end of them then in close).

if it lands on the GGG Canelo fight it better not be no lead in cause hell naw put that as the opener!

Comment

it would've been an awesome fight a couple of years ago, rios looked terrible vs bradley and got stopped vs a guy who can't crack an egg. if he is in good shape maybe, but i think lucas has a target practice vs him and stops the fight in the mid rounds in a one sided affair.

prime vs prime i would still give it to lucas, he is just a better boxer overall, rios was always easy to hit

Comment

Recently re-watched Anthony Peterson vs Rios.
            Peterson was 30-0 at the time. Fighting at lightweight, Rios won by DQ. The interesting thing about that fight was how Rios just made Peterson quit.
            Rios was one bad hombre. lol Too bad his two toughest opponents were his knife and fork.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Rios should go through an extensive medical evaluation, not the one from the athletics commission, a real one that really evaluates a persons brain activity and does scans and all that. He doesn't sound right and sending him out there again would be irresponsible for anyone involved, let alone putting him in there with Matthysse.
              hes fine. He has a speech impediment that gets teh better of him when hes amped up and given that this is boxing is always amped up in the gym or in the ring cause he loves to put on for the cameras.

When he is chilled is speaks pretty normal given his speech impidemnt.

Comapre the first 30 seconds of each video pratically the same from when he was 16 to now being 30 (mind you when he was 16 in that video is was extremely chilled slowing things down probably what they taught him in his speech impdiemtnts classes)

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                Recently re-watched Anthony Peterson vs Rios.
                Peterson was 30-0 at the time. Fighting at lightweight, Rios won by DQ. The interesting thing about that fight was how Rios just made Peterson quit.
                Rios was one bad hombre. lol Too bad his two toughest opponents were his knife and fork.
                real shit, im always shocked by how people just have those kind of struggles. I have a good friend and dude is always yoyoing his weight.

Comment

"Based on what"?..........................what I see!

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
                    real shit, im always shocked by how people just have those kind of struggles. I have a good friend and dude is always yoyoing his weight.
                    Growing up hungry a lot don't help.

Comment

Working...
                    X