No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Yeah GRRM loves to tell stories and what better story is there then Tywin & Tyrions relationship? There doesn't need to be some crazy conspiracy about Tyrions parentage to explain why a father & son disliked each other. Tyrion was everything Tywin didn't want in a son and brought shame to his proud family name.
    You have a good analysis but trust me on this. I've read a lot of Martin beyond the Song of Ice and Fire. Its almost guaranteed that if an explanation seems to simple it is. The man loves grey.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdlb12 View Post
      ok, I have been watching the show since the beginning, some of my "friends" who have here recently caught up and are now on the bandwagon, they can remember details of the story line, they got caught up in like 2 months, I remind them that it isn't that fresh in my mind since I have been watching since it started

with that being said, I can only remember a few characters names, is anyone else like that?
      I remember the main people's names, but yeah I forget a lot of their names, and I forget sometimes what happened to who. When I saw Arya, I forgot why was she blind, then I remembered it was at the end of season 5 when she went to into the room with faces hanging. For a minute I thought Baelish died, cause I haven't seen him and there's so many deaths that it's easy to forget. GoT is the only show I do that with though. There's no other show where i'm this lost.

My theory is the 10 months in between seasons throws some viewers off on what the hell happened, it's almost an entire year,and if you don't talk about the show in between that time, you'll forget a lot of ****. The viewers who remember are probably those who are really involved in the whole GoT thing like also reading the book, or those who basically caught up by binge watching all 5 seasons, they didn't have the 10 months in between seasons. I don't watch any other show like this, The Walking Dead takes 6 months in between seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
        You have a good analysis but trust me on this. I've read a lot of Martin beyond the Song of Ice and Fire. Its almost guaranteed that if an explanation seems to simple it is. The man loves grey.
        But we're not talking about a simple situation here. The entire Tywin, his history and his relationships with his children, specifically with Tyrion are very complex. He puts Tyrion on trail for the murder of the king, Tyrion escapes thanks to his brother which ultimately ends with Tyrion murdering his own father! Not exactly simple. The idea that Tyrion is a Targaryen is a fan theory that lacks evidence. It's not anywhere near the R+L=J theory that had dozens and dozens of little hints scattered throughout the books.

Tyrion being a Targ is based on what, exactly? Him being an ugly dwarf which is obviously different than his beautiful brother & sister. Him and his father had a rocky relationship, and that the Mad King briefly made a remark about Tywins wife? That's the evidence that supports this wild claim? This is a classic case of people overthinking things IMO. In the books we already have one, maybe two secret Targaryens (young griff & jon), to add another in Tyrion just seems absurd IMO.

Again, I really want to point out how Tywin and Tyrion are so similar. Tyrion is extremely intelligent and politically savvy, just like dad. It’s ironic that Tywin hates Tyrion so much when he’s like him in so many ways. Also Shae is proof that they might be into the same type of woman. If Tyrion wasn’t a dwarf, he would undoubtedly be the star of the Lannister family!

Lastly though, I think you're overlooking a huge plot hole in this theory, which I mentioned a couple times. Why would Tywin keep him around? Why raise him as his own? There is no way that Tywin would have kept Tyrion alive for so long and talked so much about family if he had any idea at all that Tyrion wasn't his. It's just not realistic. Far more embarrassing than having a dwarf son would be to have a Targaryen son resulting from the mad king raping his own wife! No way a man like Tywin is cool with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          if Tyrion was a product of rape, why keep him around and raise him as his own after his wife died? Makes no sense whatsoever, Tywin would just get rid of him. But because he WAS his son, he had to raise him. A ruthless man like Tywin wouldn't raise another man's son, no way in hell.
          He wouldn't be able to out with Tyrion in a way that the people would learn the truth as he'd lose face. The people would learn (or suspect it) and question his strength and persona to have been able to raise him but then rid of OR kill him.

Sending him down in a way might've been his way of suppressing him and the truth, which of course was in the end essentially, his downfall.

Comment

• It sounds like we are getting the tower of joy scene tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
              i don't buy tyrion being a targ. maybe he's some sort of targ/lannister/lannister chimera, but i definitely think he's more tywin's son than his other children.

i think many might accuse him of being a targ if and when he inevitably mounts one, though.
              if he was tywin's true son,

he would have blonde hair.

tywin full blonde hair.
              jamie full blonde hair.
              cersei full blonde hair.

tyrion not a blonde. at all.

the seed is strong....

add the fact that game of thrones is full of foreshadowing (tywin tyrion argument i forgot which season where he says i cant prove you're NOT my son so you're my son but i wont give you casterly rock scene) + john snow being brought back which means R+L = J and now with the dragons not killing tyrion which means A+J = T is definitely in play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

tywin full blonde hair.
                jamie full blonde hair.
                cersei full blonde hair.

the seed is strong....

add the fact that game of thrones is full of foreshadowing (tywin tyrion argument i forgot which season where he says i cant prove you're NOT my son so you're my son but i wont give you casterly rock scene) + john snow being brought back which means R+L = J and now with the dragons not killing tyrion which means A+J = T is definitely in play.
                Yeah I mean everything is there. If it doesn't end up being the case it's just writers foreshadowing/teasing for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Yeah I mean everything is there. If it doesn't end up being the case it's just writers foreshadowing/teasing for no reason.
                  joanna lannister i would assume has full blonde hair.

king tommen full blonde hair.
                  marcela full blonde hair.

we know they are product of incest.

those two lesser lannisters that were killed by the carstarks, i think full blonde hair. the only one i dont remember having full blonde hair as a lannister is the cousin who got killed by jamie when escaping. i think.

if you look at the dragon scene closely you can see the first one who is about to flame tyrion then stops, smelled tyrion after tyrion freed the first dragon. he smelled him, turned and signaled to tyrion to release him as well. the first dragon he was talking to was smelling him as well and when tyrion placed his hand for the first time you can see parts of the dragon scale move as if he felt the targaryen connection.

even the previous season, when danearys was looking for drogon, she stepped outside the pyramid where drogon was waiting, the dragon smelled danearys hand then flew away.

i hope we get a tower of joy flashback to tell the show about aegon and joanna lannister. maybe (hopefully) show the rape of joanna by king aegon via flashback since they have broken their no flash back rules several times already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

tywin full blonde hair.
                    jamie full blonde hair.
                    cersei full blonde hair.

the seed is strong....

completely illogical argument. how does him not having full blonde(he has blonde and black hair) hair like the lannisters make him aerys son, who has even paler hair?

and the dragons taking to him has nothing to do with him possibly being a targaryen. did you even pay attention to anything he said in the episode?

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                      completely illogical argument. how does him not having full blonde(he has blonde and black hair) hair like the lannisters make him aerys son, who has even paler hair?

and the dragons taking to him has nothing to do with him possibly being a targaryen. did you even pay attention to anything he said in the episode?
                      lol at illogical.

BOOK READERS ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS AS A POSSIBLE THEORY. Im not even a book reader. book readers from what i read from the comments claim targaryans have some kind of special bond or connection with dragons.

yes, i pay attention to what was said in the episode. wtf are you talking about?

that dragons are more intelligent than humans and they never harmed misande?

sure.

THEY'VE SEEN MISANDE WITH DANEARYS.

Have they seen tyrion with danearys since he arrived at mereen?

as for the targeryans having paler hair, well they do have black eyebrows and in a MAKE BELIEVE WORLD MAYBE BLONDE LANNISTER+ TARGERYAN PALE HAIR = TYRION'S HAIR.

smdh....

Comment

Working...
                      X