No announcement yet.

Build up for 1st fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build up for 1st fight

I am having my first amatuer fight in 3 weeks and i am after advice about what training i should be doing in the build up. Some people have told me not to do much training so close and to just have a few sparring sessions but i find that hard as i want to do more to make sure i am ready.
    How much should i do and how often?????

i would say a bit of leg work and sparring 10 rounders or 8 with full min break between. hit the mitts also. no heavy bag might cause you to get injured. let me know if you try this and how your fight goes.

Comment

Originally posted by professorpiggy
      I am having my first amatuer fight in 3 weeks and i am after advice about what training i should be doing in the build up. Some people have told me not to do much training so close and to just have a few sparring sessions but i find that hard as i want to do more to make sure i am ready.
      How much should i do and how often?????
      train just as usual for 2 weeks and go running everynight you are not at training and do some pusgh ups and sit ups after it , also try and do a little bit shaddow boxing , on the week before your fight just take it easy at training go running if you fell lyk it but dont over do it
      Peace and good luck

Comment

ohh and btw try not to worry , try and keep it at the back of your mind untill your a few days away

Comment

stress is proven to release cortizol which weakens your muscles. no pressure!

Comment

Working...
          X