Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is scoring a round 10-10, the punk way out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is scoring a round 10-10, the punk way out?

I personally don't like it, but I know people may not agree with me, but to me scoring a round 10-10 is some g@y ****. I'm looking at people's scorecards and i'm seeing some crazy number.

Besides the first round, no other round was that close, and even that round I thought PAC won that, but every round after that, you had to pick a fighter.

How do you guys feel about 10-10 scoring?

Agree completely.

Even rounds are for puussies

Comment

sometimes it is neccesary

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsoup View Post
        sometimes it is neccesary
        Honestly, beside the first round what other round was that close, every round had a winner even the first one which to me PAC got some punches in.

I don't think it's necessary, I think people use it a copout, because they're scared of what people may think.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Honestly, beside the first round what other round was that close, every round had a winner even the first one which to me PAC got some punches in.

I don't think it's necessary, I think people use it a copout, because they're scared of what people may think.
          do you really condone giving away 10-9 rounds when neither fighter did much of anything? It takes away from rounds where a fighter actually did effective work.

The stream i watched last night sucked so i could not score it rd by rd, but i personally hate it when one fighter wins a round with his superior fighting skill, and then loses that lead on the scorecards because in the very next rounnd not a whole lot happened so the judge scored it in favor of his opponent because "he didn't want to look like a punk by scoring it even". It's ridiculous. If not much happened you score it EVEN.

Comment

either score it 10-10, or score it for pac, like the judges did.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Agree completely.

Even rounds are for puussies
              Absolutely. Total cop out, someone wins a round, even if it's by a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsoup View Post
                do you really condone giving away 10-9 rounds when neither fighter did much of anything? It takes away from rounds where a fighter actually did effective work.

The stream i watched last night sucked so i could not score it rd by rd, but i personally hate it when one fighter wins a round with his superior fighting skill, and then loses that lead on the scorecards because in the very next rounnd not a whole lot happened so the judge scored it in favor of his opponent because "he didn't want to look like a punk by scoring it even". It's ridiculous. If not much happened you score it EVEN.

I'll keep using the first round of last night fight because to me that was the only round that was questionable, but to me in every round there was a significant blow or blows that gave the fighter that round.

Comment

No self-respecting judge scores 10-10. There is always a winner to the round. No such thing as an even round unless point deductions, knockdowns, etc occur.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    I'll keep using the first round of last night fight because to me that was the only round that was questionable, but to me in every round there was a significant blow or blows that gave the fighter that round.
                    i have to rewatch the fight, but giving a round to fighter when neither guy did enough to really take it is wrong and ruins the scoring. I don't even score a whole lot of even rounds, but sometimes it is definetly counterproductive and wrong not to use them imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X