Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People have to understand WARD IS TOO SMALL. ITS NOT ABOUT HEIGHT ITS ABOUT WEIGHT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People have to understand WARD IS TOO SMALL. ITS NOT ABOUT HEIGHT ITS ABOUT WEIGHT

Ward is too small for uysk

did i miss the memo that Ward was coming back? seems like he's the hottest topic on NSB at the moment.

Comment

Yep Usyk would have a big advantage, look at him beside Kovalev.

I still think Ward could beat him though. Usyk isn't a murderer and Ward is far more skilled than anyone Usyk has faced.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Yep Usyk would have a big advantage, look at him beside Kovalev.

I still think Ward could beat him though. Usyk isn't a murderer and Ward is far more skilled than anyone Usyk has faced.
        It goes both ways. Usyk would be the most skilled guy Ward faced. Not a fair fight IMO.. Bellew - Ward would be much more competative.

Comment

Ward has no business fighting at cruiserweight and certainly not against Usyk, Ward can't outbox Usyk for 6 rounds or more without getting hurt in the process. His best bet is to go to what he can do best and try to rough house and maul Usyk, he's the best at that but for that he must be fighting someone his size or smaller, I think Usyk is just way too big amd if Ward tried to rough him up plus the extra weight he's gonna gas himself out. Plus there's not really a lot of money there compared to the Bellew fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            It goes both ways. Usyk would be the most skilled guy Ward faced. Not a fair fight IMO.. Bellew - Ward would be much more competative.
            If Ward has been in the gym adding weight while he's been off i'd like to see him take a chance. If he hasn't then forget about it. Trying to add weight too quickly usually doesn't work out too well when it's 20+ lbs.

Comment

I don’t see Ward as a more skilled fighter TBH. He is more savvy, akward, with many trickes, but as a pure boxer I actually see Usyk to be more sound - better jab, movement, much higher output...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                If Ward has been in the gym adding weight while he's been off i'd like to see him take a chance. If he hasn't then forget about it. Trying to add weight too quickly usually doesn't work out too well when it's 20+ lbs.
                I don’t know. He has a HOF resume and he did it all. He already challenge himself against Kovalev. Highly skilled CW like Usyk is unfair disadvantage IMO. He is not RJJ to utilise freak reflexes and speed. It would make much more sense if he would have fought Parker at HW when he had a belt.

Comment

The biggest difference between Usyk and Ward is that Usyk doesn't need a paid off referee and judges to do what he does.

There's a reason why Ward would never fight away from home and why it always took such a long time for him to agree to a date and a venue. His gangster manager needed time to work behind the scenes getting everything ready and fixed just right for him.

Comment

Usyk has a 78" reach, he can keep Ward at bay and out of punching reach from his balls. He's 6'3'' too, so if he stands tall, he can keep his head out of Ward's billy goat ramming head as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X