talking to casuals about boxing is hilarious

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    I never claimed the upper deck wasn't open
    You wrote: "the top tier hasn't been released yet" even though tickets in the top bowl had already appeared on the secondary market and I knew people who had bought tickets in the top bowl. So you were clearly wrong.

Then again, you're also the one who wrote: "Flop written all over the fight. Doubt they'll release the real PPV numbers"

Where was your apology when they released the PPV numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      I was at work and these guys have me rolling..Asked me do I think Wilder could beat Mayweather....Another told me Mike Tyson was top 5 boxer of all time...I asked him who the hell has he ever beaten and his reply"HE BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THAT WHITE GUY"...WHAT???
      Damn Larry where do you work lol
      I think Floyd vs Lennox is the better fight lol

Comment

Funny... Anyone here knows every detail of anything related to the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Damn Larry where do you work lol
          I think Floyd vs Lennox is the better fight lol
          they told me mike is ranked higher then lennox

Comment

Casual fans are great. They definitely got some crazy stances doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
              Boxing is a niche sport that's why. cant be too mad at em. its exactly how most of will probably sound debating soccer, golf or tennis.
              Yea this is true. Boxing fans are kinda snobby/elitists about boxing so if you say one wrong thing they're gonna bust your balls.

But sh^t man when I used to sports bet NCAA football a sh^tton back in the day I used to be up on things quite a bit & the casual fans, which are most of the fans in any sport, had little to no clue wtf they were talking about then too.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Because there is an entity that believes it's in their best interest for fans to learn how boxing really operates behind the scenes. So I was hired to clarify discrepancies and misconceptions about how the sanctioning bodies do business, how promoters interact with sanctioning bodies, the various politics in the sport, etc.

I signed an NDA and I'm not allowed to reveal who pays me to post.

The original idea was that since I was friends with the WBC president, and I had friends that had relationships with the WBA and IBF presidents, that working together would make this account more informative and better able to answer questions about the differences between the three largest boxing organizations.

Because the friends I allow to use the account have just as much experience as me working in boxing, if not more. It benefits the mission of this account to have as much knowledge and experience as possible to answer questions about how sanctioning bodies conduct business and the inner workings of boxing politics.

For the last couple of years, before DAZN launched in the US, DAZN has had the foreign rights to fights I promote.

I'm not here to plug my fights and I don't want anyone to know who I am. My background as a promoter allows me to offer insight into how the sanctioning bodies work, but I'm not here to discuss my promotional company. That's a separate part of my business that has nothing to do with my posts here.

Do all your friends come over to your house to post? All your posts come from the same IP address

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
                  Do all your friends come over to your house to post? All your posts come from the same IP address
                  ****ing GOT EM.

Comment

Originally posted by bngsdad View Post
                    Funny... Anyone here knows every detail of anything related to the sport?
                    “Boxing is a business”.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      You wrote: "the top tier hasn't been released yet" even though tickets in the top bowl had already appeared on the secondary market and I knew people who had bought tickets in the top bowl. So you were clearly wrong.

Then again, you're also the one who wrote: "Flop written all over the fight. Doubt they'll release the real PPV numbers"

Where was your apology when they released the PPV numbers?
                      Yes hasn't been released YET. Is that claiming it wouldn't be open for the fight?

The upper deck was released 2 weeks before fight night. You claimed it had sold out entirely over a month before. LIES

They haven't released the gate or PPV numbers. LIES again.

You are the one claiming you work in the sport and know more than us fans. You are the one claiming you get paid to tell the truth on here. Yet you are the one LYING.

Comment

Working...
                      X