Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't the Charlo bros fighting in Houston?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    @154, Kell Brook or how about the WBA Champ Castano? Also he said Munguia is to green but why not push for it, Munguia is green and I think he sucks regardless but itd be better than who hes fighting for sure.

@160, I can agree it is kinda rough pickings...
    I doubt they will throw mungia in but like u say at least push for it

Comment

Lara
      Munguia
      Castano
      Soro
      Williams
      Brook

Sulecki

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Why dig in your own pockets paying for Venues in Texas when they have a deal with Barclays but I think they will get their fights in Texas eventually
        To build the Charlo's brand in the easiest place to build their brand, their home state. Texas is a big ass state. You can make these mfers poster boys of boxing in Texas like Wilder is for Alabama. They should be trying to fill up Cowboys stadium in some twin doubleheader.

PBC is so f#cking backwards with basic sh^t. For some reason these Texas guys ain't fought in Texas in 3 years.

Fair play throwing them in Barclays or wherever else from time to time, but come on 3 years.

Idk why PBC messes up basic sh^t like this with headliner guys so often. As a PBC fan its frustrating they don't know how to make their guys as grassroots popular as they can. Its cheaper & more honest, with more loyalty & sh^t most of us are watching it on TV so if we see mfers going crazy for the Charlo's like we see people going crazy for Bud & Wilder when they fight at home it tends to get fans more amped which is better for fans to see then bored mfers at Barclays cuz they aren't invested in these cats as much. This is like boxing promotion 101. Hearn just started doing US cards & he knows to put Polish mfers on Chicago cards, to put New England & Irish guys on Boston cards. This is the basic sh^t type problems with no promoter to say "hmmm I think I'd make more long money building up these guys in their homestate for cheaper".

Hopefully when/if Lions Only Promotions becomes a real thing these guys can control their own destiny more & put on regular fights in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          To build the Charlo's brand in the easiest place to build their brand, their home state. Texas is a big ass state. You can make these mfers poster boys of boxing in Texas like Wilder is for Alabama. They should be trying to fill up Cowboys stadium in some twin doubleheader.

PBC is so f#cking backwards with basic sh^t. For some reason these Texas guys ain't fought in Texas in 3 years.

Fair play throwing them in Barclays or wherever else from time to time, but come on 3 years.

Idk why PBC messes up basic sh^t like this with headliner guys so often. As a PBC fan its frustrating they don't know how to make their guys as grassroots popular as they can. Its cheaper & more honest, with more loyalty & sh^t most of us are watching it on TV so if we see mfers going crazy for the Charlo's like we see people going crazy for Bud & Wilder when they fight at home it tends to get fans more amped which is better for fans to see then bored mfers at Barclays cuz they aren't invested in these cats as much. This is like boxing promotion 101. Hearn just started doing US cards & he knows to put Polish mfers on Chicago cards, to put New England & Irish guys on Boston cards. This is the basic sh^t type problems with no promoter to say "hmmm I think I'd make more long money building up these guys in their homestate for cheaper".

Hopefully when/if Lions Only Promotions becomes a real thing these guys can control their own destiny more & put on regular fights in Texas.
          Another way of looking at it and again I think they're building towards heading back home and doing fights in Texas like Spence Jr recently did. This will be their very first Self Promoted Event so it is just the beginning, I'm sure they already have plans for something in Texas eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Another way of looking at it and again I think they're building towards heading back home and doing fights in Texas like Spence Jr recently did. This will be their very first Self Promoted Event so it is just the beginning, I'm sure they already have plans for something in Texas eventually.
            Hopefully, but they are wasting time by not doing it already. Spence should be bigger then he is, but they keep him on the sidelines so damn much to.

PBC better f#cking man up with this Fox deal or I'm gonna be wishing for their demise myself cuz they are f#cking up these guys' career & trajectory in this short career sport. None of these guys are gonna be as big as they could be with how they are being moved. Fair play if you don't wanna use promoters, but at least THINK like a promoter yourself if you aren't gonna hire one with a vested interest in a specific guys career.

Need a f#cking WWED (What would Eddie do) bracelet on Haymon's wrist.

Comment

Why aren't they fighting the other top dogs in their division is the real question

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Why aren't they fighting the other top dogs in their division is the real question
                Well Mall is in the position of the juice not being worth the squeeze. Canelo isn't gonna run towards that fight. And GGG opted out of it it sounded like. And there aren't many bigger fights at 160 then those two.

And Mell is dealing with the PBC's inability to match up top 154lbers til 3.5yrs into their run for some f#cking reason. We should already have a clear #1 154lber with PBC.

Comment

Working...
                X