Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle of Bettondorf: Nunn vs Toney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now serving a section ban for inappropriate language.

Last edited by BattlingNelson; 02-09-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Bats has already been helpful enough to post us the video on page 6, the video to which you retorted., 'What am I seeing?''

Johnson moved and countered well for the first couple of minutes or so and was winning the round quite handily.
      Then with just over a minute and a half to go, while coming off the ropes got caught with a well timed right, buzzed and clearly looked hurt. Only the fact, Toney (WHY I don't know!) paused to adjust his jockstrap,
      that Johnson was able to recover in time. He still lost that round though
      So at which part was he lucky to make it out of the round on his feet?

"Clearly looked hurt" despite the fact his legs were completely fine and he was straight back to firing crisp combos moments later?

Toney landed a good solid counter (the punch you are referring to, which was one of the seldom clean shots he landed in the round) but Johnson wasn't hurt. Even for arguments sake if we say he was buzzed he was no where close to being stopped so to say "he was lucky to make it out the round on his feet" is again just not true.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        So at which part was he lucky to make it out of the round on his feet?

"Clearly looked hurt" despite the fact his legs were completely fine and he was straight back to firing crisp combos moments later?

Toney landed a good solid counter (the punch you are referring to, which was one of the seldom clean shots he landed in the round) but Johnson wasn't hurt. Even for arguments sake if we say he was buzzed he was no where close to being stopped so to say "he was lucky to make it out the round on his feet" is again just not true.
        At the part where Toney stopped and adjusted his trunks. Momentarily Johnson was like a rabbit staring into the spotlight.

Where as am now aware that 'lucky' may not have been a particularly good choice of word, he was a little fortunate.. Maybe not, as in making it to the end of the round (exaggeration on my part) But looked to me, had James followed up at that point, Reg would have quite possibly been stopped.
        But as it played out Johnson fought more & more off the back foot and didn't capitalise on Toney's concentration lapses.

I should have mentioned the problem with his trunks a lot earlier too, as each time am looking back it's bothering him in almost every round.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          At the part where Toney stopped and adjusted his trunks. Momentarily Johnson was like a rabbit staring into the spotlight.

Where as am now aware that 'lucky' may not have been a particularly good choice of word, he was a little fortunate.. Maybe not, as in making it to the end of the round (exaggeration on my part) But looked to me, had James followed up at that point, Reg would have quite possibly been stopped.
          But as it played out Johnson fought more & more off the back foot and didn't capitalise on Toney's concentration lapses.

I should have mentioned the problem with his trunks a lot earlier too, as each time am looking back it's bothering him in almost every round.
          I suppose I will have to just agree to disagree then as I don't think he was hurt at all.

Comment

I suppose I will have to just agree to disagree then as I don't think he was hurt at all.
            More stunned than hurt really.

No point in slitting hairs over it, as different individuals we have differing opinions

Comment

I thought he was buzzed I have to admit, but not much beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I thought he was buzzed I have to admit, but not much beyond that.
                I'd aay the shot definitely got his attention, Toney could punch especially that right. But if he was buzzed I'd say it had to be for moments at most. He came back almost instantly with crisp shots, legs completely solid.

Comment

Working...
                X