No announcement yet.

Tall fighters and weak chins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall fighters and weak chins.

Tall fighters tend to have weak chins. Wilder, Hearns, and Imam all have weak chins.

Why do you think this is? I think it has to do with their skinny legs. They can't take a punch very well because of them.

Mostly due to weight cutting - punch resistance goes down massively...

Comment

i dont think theres really much correlation between height and chins. theres both short and tall fighters who were packing glass.

Comment

I can't think of one really tall lanky fighter with an iron chin.

Comment

Stupid thread of the day. So, nearly all HWs, cruisers, and LHWs have bad chins?

Tall has nothing to do with it. Being too skinny for the division sometimes can though.

Comment

Paul Williams?

Comment

What's the evidence that Wilder has a weak chin? Did you see the boxers that KO'd Hearns? Some of the best fighters of his day. Manny Pacquiao got KO'd by way lesser fighters. I'm sure you couldn't think of another tall fighter so you added Imam.
              Last edited by HarvardBlue; 03-25-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Wilder has a weak chin?? When has he been down tf you talking about

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  Did you see the boxers that KO'd Hearns? Some of the best fighters of his day. Manny Pacquiao got KO'd by way lesser fighters.
                  Good point. People who talk about Hearns chin being weak tend to be ignorant of the actual fights. The guy took a lot of MASSIVE shots that didn't put him down. If he was more inclined to clinch or back off when hurt, he might not have gotten himself in trouble in those 3 fights.

Comment

Outside of Martinez landing that perfect bomb on Paul Willliams, that dude had an iron beard.

I don't think it has so much to do with the height as it does as people mentioned, the weight cutting factor that weakens their resistance to absorb a punch without getting groggy.

Ultimately it's probably genetics though.

Comment

Working...
                    X