Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler vs Taylor at 168, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kessler and Pavlik fight very similar but Kessler is more versatile, faster but maybe less powerful. I think Kessler stops him

Comment

Kessler by UD. Taylor just doesn't use his athletic gifts well enough and his defence is poor. Kessler would pick him apart with precise counter punches.

Comment

Kessler is a lot better than Pavlik.

Must be from Europe ! Pavlik I think would KO Kessler ! Styles makes fights and that style molds well for Pavlik ! Pavlik beat Taylor twice and I think Taylor can beat Kessler ! That's just my take ! Everyone has their own opinion !

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
          I might be alone in thinking Taylor is the more talented guy.

I think they might both lack it a little bit between the ears to be real great fighters. Taylor by decision or he gets KTFO. Sitting on the fence sweetly, on this one.
          I think Taylor probably is the more talented, but I think Kessler is the more technically skilled, and I also believe (though many would disagree with me) that Kessler has the faster hands, and better power.

I like Kessler in this, simply because Taylor's defense has a few holes in it that a highly skilled technician like Kessler will exploit easily and often. Kessler should land lots of straight right hands starting fairly early, and have Taylor stopped before the opening of the 8th.

Comment

have to go with kessler until we see jermaine aftertyhe 2 losses, and at 68.

Comment

Taylor is way too overrated, Kessler would take this by descision or late stoppage.

Comment

Honest question for those who voted Kessler:

Who has he beaten that demonstrates he could "definitely" beat Jermain Taylor?

I'd argue that he's not faced anyone who presents the same set of challenges as Taylor. Calzaghe is faster and better technically, but does not hit as hard, and even he threw a couple shots that appeared to sting Kessler. Mundine is decently quick and slick enough himself, but not on Taylor's level.

Most of the Kessler picks seem to focus on comparisons of him to Pavlik, who beat Taylor twice using a consistent straight jab and good power, both of which Kessler has. But what hasn't been considered is what Pavlik has that allowed him to not get beaten by Taylor - a good, solid chin, insane stamina and determination, and the heart of a lion. And even then the second fight was VERY close. Can Kessler stand up to the flush counterpunches and stiff jab that Pavlik had to endure in order to beat Taylor, all while being determined enough to stick with his own game plan? I'M NOT CONVINCED HE CAN.

Comment

Take a look at Kessler's face in 41 bout's, not a single fkn scratch.. only time i seen kessler gettin' seriously hit was in the Calzaghe fight - most fighter's with his record looks like they we're run over by a steam roller, you can't even tell he's a boxer by looking at this guy.. that among other things shows what a skilled fighter he really is and he fought decent guys, was reign WBA/WBC champ untill he met Calzaghe who's unbeaten to this date and no shame in losing to that the way he did it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnut79s8U-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_gk...eature=related

Watch the andrade fight, and adapt this style to a Taylor fight.. honestly yes, Taylor would get KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by ONEH1TWONDER View Post
                    Take a look at Kessler's face in 41 bout's, not a single fkn scratch.. only time i seen kessler gettin' seriously hit was in the Calzaghe fight - most fighter's with his record looks like they we're run over by a steam roller, you can't even tell he's a boxer by looking at this guy.. that among other things shows what a skilled fighter he really is and he fought decent guys, was reign WBA/WBC champ untill he met Calzaghe who's unbeaten to this date and no shame in losing to that the way he did it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnut79s8U-g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_gk...eature=related

Watch the andrade fight, and adapt this style to a Taylor fight.. honestly yes, Taylor would get KTFO.
                    You lost me at "Watch the Andrade fight, and adapt this style to a Taylor fight."

Comment

If you don't understand it, let me point it out for you..

Originally posted by ONEH1TWONDER View Post
                      Taylor is way too overrated, Kessler would take this by descision or late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X