Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I Can Do $300 Million or Better in 36 Minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are'nt Hublot, Reebok and Grant endorsements??

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    It's amazing what Floyd has done with his career since leaving Top Rank! Who would've ever thought that he would be the highest paid athlete in the world (without endorsements too) for so many years? SALUTE!

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      I'm thinking most of them gotta be kids, I get you don't like the guy but spending all day nearly every day posting about how someone can't read etc for free but they're worth $500 million, it's like, surely you must have something better to do. If they spent less time hating and more time focusing on their own lives they wouldn't be so bitter and feel the need to troll and hate so passionately
      There is a great desire by guys like D4thincarnation and others to change the narrative when it comes to Floyd.

They have decided that Floyd is boring and unpopular and has only been successful because he magically hypnotized people into buying his fights. Meanwhile, they are convinced the guys they like are more exciting than Floyd despite the fact more fans buy his fights even though they are priced higher than everyone else.

They will be doing the same thing daily as long as the board is up and running so get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        There is a great desire by guys like D4thincarnation and others to change the narrative when it comes to Floyd.

They have decided that Floyd is boring and unpopular and has only been successful because he magically hypnotized people into buying his fights. Meanwhile, they are convinced the guys they like are more exciting than Floyd despite the fact more fans buy his fights even though they are priced higher than everyone else.

They will be doing the same thing daily as long as the board is up and running so get used to it.
        LOL @ "Magically hypnotized". I know. I don't pay any attention to guys like that, I just ignore them, but every time I open a new thread like this there's lots of new ones For every rational post there's like 10 haters. You guys need to put this kind of effort and determination into your jobs and careers instead.

Comment

Originally posted by OmarRueben View Post
          Most people are very stupid and buy into any gimmick or athletic hero big time. Society today is so far out of whack the decent folks are left scratching their heads in amazement.
          Yeah, you see it more and more in society, not just in boxing.

I can sort of understand when it's kids that don't know any better, but a lot are grown men who really shouldn't be running around idolizing other men.

It seems as modern society is not only infantalizing women but men too.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
            Are'nt Hublot, Reebok and Grant endorsements??
            Daniel Roberts
            May 05, 2015

You might assume that the number-one boxer in the world would have a slew of endorsement deals. But for Floyd Mayweather, that isn't the case.
            The boxer earned an estimated $105 million in 2014 from his two fights against Marcos Maidana. None of that money came from any active sponsorships. Mayweather has told Fortune in the past that the reason he does not have endorsement deals is not because brands aren't interested, but because his baseline for entry is too high for most. Mayweather's ask, these days, is a minimum of $1 million.

Back in 2009, Mayweather did sign a shoe deal with Reebok, but the arrangement was not renewed for 2010. By way of explanation, there is a funny and oft-repeated story that two of Mayweather's associates told Fortune last year: only three weeks after signing the Reebok deal, he wandered into a Nike store at a mall, spent thousands of dollars, and shared photos of the spree on his social media accounts. He heard from Reebok right away with the obvious complaint: that he had a million-dollar deal with them, and that one of the basic concepts of such a deal is that he should not be buying Nike products. Mayweather, feeling boxed in, walked away from the deal and gave Reebok its money back, according to his people. After all, he makes so much money from boxing that he doesn't need to earn anything outside the ring—why would he enter into any deal with a brand unless it's completely on his terms...

But for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, three brands deemed it worth the risk of bad publicity, and worth the million-dollar price tag: Burger King (BKW), daily fantasy sports site FanDuel, and Swiss watchmaker Hublot. Sources have confirmed to Fortune that each company spent around $1 million to get into the ring with Mayweather.

Hublot had brand placement at the waist of his boxing trunks, while FanDuel had its name at the bottom of one trunk-leg. In terms of exposure, each of those brands got 36 minutes (a full 12 rounds, at 2 minutes per round). Burger King, on the other hand, only got the two minutes or so of its mascot, the Burger King, walking in with Mayweather and his entourage. Mexican brewer Tecate spent a bit more for its 36 minutes: ESPN reported that the company paid $5.6 million to be the official sponsor of the overall fight.

http://fortune.com/2015/05/05/burger...or-mayweather/
            Last edited by Bronx2245; 08-03-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              Any other sport, if the player goes and cashes out on a big payday, even if it's with a team that has no chance of winning it all, it is expected and people mostly congratulate the player for securing the big contract. Why is boxing any different? Floyd showed the the rest of the boxing world the potential in making REAL MONEY in boxing; way more than ever before, but you hate that? Boxers are regular human beings and all have families to provide and look after.

I'll give you a better example--- whatever you do for a living, what if someone offered you triple your salary to do the same exact thing you're doing now, you wouldn't take it?
              Enjoy the circus sideshow fanboy, and have fun stroking your FMjr blowup doll all nite long! and don't come back with some line about not buying it, Floyd needs to get paid! I am sure you loved FMjr vs Berto, vs Guerrero, vs Ortiz...if you say you like to eat schit then that is all you will be served. Bon Appetit.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                Enjoy the circus sideshow fanboy, and have fun stroking your FMjr blowup doll all nite long! and don't come back with some line about not buying it, Floyd needs to get paid! I am sure you loved FMjr vs Berto, vs Guerrero, vs Ortiz...if you say you like to eat schit then that is all you will be served. Bon Appetit.
                you sound bitter..Did you catch you wife blowing Floyd? no other explanation for so much hate. Anyways if you did, hope you don't still taste it in her mouth

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Yeah, you see it more and more in society, not just in boxing.

I can sort of understand when it's kids that don't know any better, but a lot are grown men who really shouldn't be running around idolizing other men.

It seems as modern society is not only infantalizing women but men too.
                  Look at that hip Hop crap and those drug induced rappers.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    I very much doubt they would pay $100 for it, nor have fall for the hype of such a match up

Like I said, I don't blame either of them for chasing the dollar, but for the casuals and fanboys to buy into this is the surprising thing. And those who think that the boxer in his natural shouldn't destroy the novice.

And when you look how they are promoting the fight it sure seems like they are targeting the stupid.
                    pretty much the bold.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Says the Klitchsko fan
                      Please, Vitali knocked everybody out with the exception of 4 guys. I would have payed 100 bucks for his fights. But people like you like to watch paint dry. Go buy a bucket of paint, it's cheaper and just as exciting as a Runweather fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X