Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux Admits He Passed on Saunders, Has Eyes Set on Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxHec View Post
    You know what I mean with "b-class elite boxer", from novice boxers with no pop in their fists to the very best pro boxer in the world you have a tons of different levels, all boxers who have a world belt are considered as "elite boxers", and between those elite boxers there's different levels also, that's why you have the P4P thing, it's a accomplishment for the world champions do be considered as a P4P top-10, so no problem for me to call someone a b-class elite boxer or a c-class elite boxer as Yuri Foreman, because Yuri Foreman was at a superior level than probably 98% of all boxers in the world from novice to "elite" pro
    It's like calling an Olympic champion a "novice pro" for his first pro fights, because word by word "novice pro" is illogical (how to be a novice if you are a pro?) but still we know what "novice pro" mean

not by me

in this day and age, they hand those belts around like candy

many titlists are not truly elite, and some are not even close

I just call them what they are..... Lemieux is b-class

no big deal

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      not by me

in this day and age, they hand those belts around like candy

many titlists are not truly elite, and some are not even close

I just call them what they are..... Lemieux is b-class

no big deal
      in this day and age when novice boxers call someone at the level of Lemieux a b-class boxer it can be a big deal... that's why FMJ/McGregor will made millions PPV buys and Ward/Kova II made peanuts, in fact and once again in this day and age everyone who have internet can call elite boxers BUMS
      Last edited by BoxHec; 07-09-2017, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxHec View Post
        in this day and age when novice boxers call someone at the level of Lemieux a b-class boxer it can be a big deal... that's why FMJ/McGregor will made millions PPV buys and Ward/Kova II made peanuts, in fact and once again in this day and age everyone who have internet can call elite boxers BUMS

oh, he is not a bum

personally, I don't use that word when referring to fighters

even club fighters

even glorified club fighters, like Lemieux

kidding

Lemieux is..... a good fighter

Jacobs is..... (at least) a very-good fighter

Golovkin is..... an outstanding fighter, like Canelo

just how I see it

the ABC thing is not a good way to label fighters imho..... there are at least 3-levels of "A" fighter

and at least 2-levels of "B" fighters

one of which is Lemieux

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          oh, he is not a bum

personally, I don't use that word when referring to fighters

even club fighters

even glorified club fighters, like Lemieux

kidding

Lemieux is..... a good fighter

Jacobs is..... (at least) a very-good fighter

Golovkin is..... an outstanding fighter, like Canelo

just how I see it

the ABC thing is not a good way to label fighters imho..... there are at least 3-levels of "A" fighter

and at least 2-levels of "B" fighters

one of which is Lemieux
          "good fighter", "very-good fighter", "outstanding fighter", is way more confusing than elite A boxer or Elite B boxer imo, and using "fighter" for a boxer can be confusing too... and someone can be an "outstanding fighter" against a boxer who has more defeats then wins

"oh, he is not a bum"
          You talk about time and age so yes "in this age and time" the great majority of boxing fans call elite pro boxers "bums" on internet, if you and i never used the word "bum" for naming boxers so good for us both...
          Last edited by BoxHec; 07-09-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Yes, he can be outboxed. But, do you think BJS would outbox him for 12 rounds?

I just don't see Lemieux getting Cotto.
            Considering he's the faster, more skilled fighter of the two, yes I see him out boxing Lemieux over the course of the 12 rounds. Saunders' talent is being underestimated due to;

1. Him not fighting enough quality opponents.

2. Him having some sub par performances.

3. People disliking him as a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post
              Considering he's the faster, more skilled fighter of the two, yes I see him out boxing Lemieux over the course of the 12 rounds. Saunders' talent is being underestimated due to;

Yes cotto can out box the hell out of him. But to do it for 12 rounds I think will be the problem for cotto. He has conditioning issues.

Comment

Do you think that BJS has reached his full potential? He's gonna turn 28 this year, so he's still young enough. I think he's his own worst enemy.

Comment

..... and so do I

the ONLY question would be his conditioning, because of inactivity

when it comes to a boxing match..... Saunders > Lemieux

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Do you think that BJS has reached his full potential? He's gonna turn 28 this year, so he's still young enough. I think he's his own worst enemy.

yep ^^

Comment

Working...
                    X