Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been allowing my hate for the media & fanboys to make me have disdain for GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hov View Post
    I respect GGG. He a cool, respectable dude. He always gives proper respect. He's been showing Danny Jacobs respect before and after the fight. It's the fanboys, the racists that love him, the media and their hype machine, etc. that has made me not like the guy and root against him. When I step back and look at it, he hasn't actually done anything for me to not like him. He's a great fighter and just goes about his business. I can also relate to his backstory, the circumstances he comes from as a African American from the inner city.

With that said, I apologize to GGG for hating on him but **** the fanboys and racists. It's yall I don't like, not GGG.
    Great post, man.

Typically, it is the media and fans that drive most of the hate. You can actually halfway like a fighter but get tired of all the worshipping. GGG ain't the second coming of course. He's just a man like any other fighter and he has flaws, too. But like you say, he's not doing anything to inspire all the worshipping or the hate. most fighters get in there, do their thing and go about their business. If I don't like a fighter's style, I'll say so. As far as them as a person, how could I know? I'm never going to meet them but if I did, I assume they'd be pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
      That's the one thing you respect him for? You have your priorities out of wack my man. Too many people on here hold money over everything, you can have money and not be an a$$hole.
      Nothing wrong with being rich, but how you can't be an a$shole when you show so much indifference and lack of concern when you interviewed by Russian/Kazakhstan media and when English-speaking media is around, you're trying so hard to look like the nicest guy in the world? That looks fake to me

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
        I respect GGG. He a cool, respectable dude. He always gives proper respect. He's been showing Danny Jacobs respect before and after the fight. It's the fanboys, the racists that love him, the media and their hype machine, etc. that has made me not like the guy and root against him. When I step back and look at it, he hasn't actually done anything for me to not like him. He's a great fighter and just goes about his business. I can also relate to his backstory, the circumstances he comes from as a African American from the inner city.

With that said, I apologize to GGG for hating on him but **** the fanboys and racists. It's yall I don't like, not GGG.
        "I hate GGG because of other people's opinions"
        Weak as **** lol

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          It's no use. You can post this thread on a daily basis but as soon as you say an objective word about the guy you'll have militant fans attacking you. Then, you'll be jabbing back by poking fun at their hero.
          Such is the way of NSB.
          It works both ways, how many posts have there been calling the GGG vs Jacobs fight a robbery? how many threads created claiming GGG has been exposed, is a bum etc. I even saw a poster wishing that he gets badly knocked out in his next fight, such is the hatred of some.

I have seen very few people actually congratulate Jacobs on putting up a great fight which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Nothing wrong with being rich, but how you can't be an a$shole when you show so much indifference and lack of concern when you interviewed by Russian/Kazakhstan media and when English-speaking media is around, you're trying so hard to look like the nicest guy in the world? That looks fake to me

IDK, he definitely does try hard for media interviews etc, but I put that down to professionalism and general courtesy. He did call fanboys losers in one interview though, that was pretty funny considering the amount he has on this site

I take it from his general conduct in the ring, he's always respectful towards his opponent, and I think that's pretty telling since you'd be full of adrenaline and emotion. A lot of people's true characters come out in the ring and e.g. Haye throwing a cheap shot at Bellew recently when he went to touch gloves. Even **** talking at the end of a round etc.

Comment

It'd really crazy. I've been a GGG fan since Freaking Proska. His balance, ability to cut off the ring, punch variation, control of his opponents, all of it is sublime and a joy to watch. But I find myself on the other side because some of his other "fans" and the media are disgusting.

Comment

You hate the media that likes Gennady and you hate the fans that like Gennady...sounds a lot like you don't like Gennady and you have disdain for those that like him.

Comment

I just like triggering GGG's haters cause they are the most electric people I've met. You say something good about GGG and they go nuts! What happened to freedom of speech? People here just don't respect.

Comment

Good post. GGG is a great fighter.

But I don't let the fans and the media affect me. It's actually fun to watch the epic reactions from guys like bigdramashow, _Maxi, Jubei and others whenever he gets criticized.

There was one dude that stopped posting, not because GGG lost a fight, but because his PPV didn't do that great

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                      Golovkin acts all friendly and he always smiling when he gets interviewed by Western media, so you think he's a "good boy" but when some Russian speaking people approaches him with questions he's giving them cold shoulder like he doesn't even want to talk to them, like he want to say get the **** out of my face. That's why he's a fraud, he might be a sociopath. I've heard he said he loved hurting random people on the street, so that's his "nice guy" persona, I guess. You might think he's that friendly and dorky looking, kumis drinking (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis) Borat from Kazakhstan, but I feel the guy is a businessman, he knows how to create an image of a nice guy, making a good career with small efforts, handpicking his opponents, and all these myths about him knocking out HEAVYWEIGHTS in sparrings, and I'm sure he's laughing at all these haters who's obsessed with him and the fans who crowns him as 1# p4p, while he's counting his money $$$ so you can respect him for that

I just don't want to waste my energy on hating or following him, I don't care much about Golovkin
                      K2 has tried very hard to make him the Klitschko of the middleweight division

Comment

Working...
                      X