Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look Back In Anger: Rereviewing Calzaghe vs. Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else fancy a rewatch of this barnburner?

Comment

Ok after watching this again last night (in slow motion) I can now confirm that the final Compubox numbers for this fight are 100% correct.

Comment

What impressed me the most about this win was the fact that it was Calzaghe's very first fight at 175, and it was in the Lineal champ's backyard!

#Legend

Comment

I had Calzaghe winning by about a round. It was an awful fight that i'd never really want to see again.

I also believe Hopkins was really hurt by a body shot and faked a low blow that wasn't low at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Yep, here is compubox scoring 6 punches landed for Calzaghe:

CompuBox is a joke. Simply a company used to help sway viewer opinion of the fight. Video analysis of the fight shows that Calzaghe didn't land more than 50 punches, literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
              Ok after watching this again last night (in slow motion) I can now confirm that the final Compubox numbers for this fight are 100% correct.

Sarcasm right? You can divide CompuBox's total number of punches landed by Calzaghe by four, and it would still be more punches than Calzaghe actually landed in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                It was sheer bloody-mindedness after a while... I almost quit early. Like, say, the first ten seconds.

How did you score it, Kev?
                Like most people on first watch without overanalyzing it or thinking too much about landed punches, just watching how they looked, I thought Calzaghe edged him. Then like everyone else, with the slowmotion, gifs, and another replay I can see a case for B-Hop. It could have gone either way, but I understand what the judges saw and why they scored it the way they did

Comment

What does daggum think of all this?

Comment

Compubox is worth less than **** to me in general. It's not the ams, you don't score on landed shots, that's not (quite) how it works, there are more factors than that. The kid posting it is a great troll, though, and you're all biting.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Like most people on first watch without overanalyzing it or thinking too much about landed punches, just watching how they looked, I thought Calzaghe edged him. Then like everyone else, with the slowmotion, gifs, and another replay I can see a case for B-Hop. It could have gone either way, but I understand what the judges saw and why they scored it the way they did
                    I could understand the judges walking out halfway through and going "**** this."

Comment

Usually fights this close warrant a rematch.

Thankfully we never got one.

I had Calzaghe winning when I saw it, but it was very close. Even with the knockdown, the fight should have been a draw. Neither fighter deserved to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X