No announcement yet.

Forget Floyd, Sergio, and Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Floyd, Sergio, and Canelo

I wanna see Cotto rematch Trout. Everyone is talking about Cotto fighting these other 3 guys but no one talks about Trout. Roach is saying all this crap about with him in his corner, he wouldve beat Floyd & Margarito and will now beat Sergio & Canelo but what about Trout?

Cotto looked great against Delvin but what does it really prove. Some say that Trout is a horrible matchup for Cotto based on size & style but the reality is that Cotto has done very well at times against Southpaws and the fight was still closer then people make it seem. Isnt that the perfect pre fight to another slick Southpaw in Sergio?

Alot of people will say that its high risk/low reward but I disagree. I think Cotto's stock would go through the roof if he came back and beat Trout. I think people would then pick him to beat Sergio and also start to think that he could change the Floyd fight to a W just as he did Trout. You could argue that Trout is even a bigger win than Canelo right now. If he beats Canelo then alot of people will just kinda start to say that maybe Canelo isnt that great with back to back losses. I would just love to see that rematch right now for some reason

A rematch I'd like to see...eventually. In the meantime, cotto has bigger fish to fry IMO.

Trout is only bad stylistically for cotto when cotto trains to be a passive boxer. That's when trouts slickness/size/etc plays a role. If cotto comes into that fight as an aggressive bull, it would be a different story.

But I'd much rather see a Martinez fight before a trout rematch next. Cotto can get to trout in due time.

Comment

he can but what is the likely hood of him fighting a guy like Trout after the big fights? To me its now or never

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        he can but what is the likely hood of him fighting a guy like Trout after the big fights? To me its now or never
        Well, its an L on his record that he would probably like to avenge, so my guess is the likelihood of that rematch happening now or down the road is the same.

Comment

Yeah I wanna see Cotto rematch Trout also but atleast after he fight Martinez for monetary reason and also try to win a middleweight crown.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I wanna see Cotto rematch Trout. Everyone is talking about Cotto fighting these other 3 guys but no one talks about Trout. Roach is saying all this crap about with him in his corner, he wouldve beat Floyd & Margarito and will now beat Sergio & Canelo but what about Trout?

Cotto looked great against Delvin but what does it really prove. Some say that Trout is a horrible matchup for Cotto based on size & style but the reality is that Cotto has done very well at times against Southpaws and the fight was still closer then people make it seem. Isnt that the perfect pre fight to another slick Southpaw in Sergio?

Alot of people will say that its high risk/low reward but I disagree. I think Cotto's stock would go through the roof if he came back and beat Trout. I think people would then pick him to beat Sergio and also start to think that he could change the Floyd fight to a W just as he did Trout. You could argue that Trout is even a bigger win than Canelo right now. If he beats Canelo then alot of people will just kinda start to say that maybe Canelo isnt that great with back to back losses. I would just love to see that rematch right now for some reason
            Go Watch the Trout Rodriguez, then come back to this thread and tell me you want to see Trout bum ass.......

Comment

who the fck wants to see trout over sergio at middlewight? that doesn't make sense on any level.

Comment

TBH Trout should be calling out for rematches against Canelo and Cotto but he's so damn quiet. Unless he makes some noise, none of the stars of the division will even look at him anymore.

Comment

I see the same very close fight unfold. Still it's a good fight, rather want to see him against Canelo, but right now is not the time. A win against Trout and then its time to face Canelo, I want to see that fight!

Comment

Working...
                  X