Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-17-2020, 09:24 PM #171
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
garfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these parts
Bank: 3,961.26
Total Points: 23,913.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab jab boom View Post
be honest with yourself. Assuming that your long term Coke use hasn't completely fried that part of your brain. If Canelo wasnt Mexican, does he have the current fan base that he has? Does he get the favorable treatment he's received from the Mexican based wbc? Such as his first title shot at 20 yrs old for a jmw me title against an unranked welterweight? Or the incredibly ridiculous franchise title? So yes being Mexican has served him a benefit and put him in a more favorable position than say a black boxer from Nebraska. As far as his red headed look, that 100% has also added to his market appeal and they targeted that. That's why he's called "canelo". Guys like Marquez and morales and Barrera were all great and brought much more excitement in the ring than Canelo ever has. But they never received the same level of fanfare. His look is a big reason why. He brings in cross over appeal and his fan base are mainly enamored groupies... Female and male.
Agreed with you 100%. Even judges has favored him, appointed by the mexican based wbc. Now that you mentioned the first "belt" he came over the weight limit he has signed for.
garfios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:24 PM #172
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9736 Post(s)
GhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond reputeGhostofDempsey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,663.18
Total Points: 331,836.43
Top Rated Poster - ironmt Here Is to another great post - ironmt For calling it like it is - 1bad65 Great comment, sir. - Tony Trick-Pony Great points, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
:lol1: - Szef Well said, man - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, man! - Tony Trick-Pony Great memes. - Santa_ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 

Another PBC “champion” shooting himself in the foot. I don’t know what he would have been offered for a Canelo fight, but it is likely more than his next five fights combined. Losing to Canelo this early in his career is easier to recover from than if he risks a loss to Benevidez and never gets the big fight.
GhostofDempsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:28 PM #173
Undisputed Champion

garfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Wolf View Post
Exactly, Canelo went from being the young guy to being the old guy. Canelo is 2 years older and has way more wear and tear on his body. They are going to age him out till he is 31/32 and if Plant has multiple titles they will be demanding percentages not flat fees. If Canelo tries to say "well I tried to fight him years ago" the public wont give a **** and will turn on him just like they did with Golovkin.
Looks to me that ginger has done the same thing to other fighters. I don't think he is doing it to wait for ginger to grow old. He is doing because he saw what happened to kovalev. And two years is not that big of a difference. Lara was way older than canelo and he took it to school.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:30 PM #174
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
Another PBC “champion” shooting himself in the foot. I don’t know what he would have been offered for a Canelo fight, but it is likely more than his next five fights combined. Losing to Canelo this early in his career is easier to recover from than if he risks a loss to Benevidez and never gets the big fight.
A least is going to be on a fair plane.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:32 PM #175
Interim Champion

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Pantera_ has much to be proud ofPantera_ has much to be proud ofPantera_ has much to be proud ofPantera_ has much to be proud ofPantera_ has much to be proud ofPantera_ has much to be proud ofPantera_ has much to be proud ofPantera_ has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,535.61
Total Points: 18,895.94

He'll regret making that decision if he loses to Benevidez.
Pantera_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:29 PM #176
Undisputed Champion

Location: The Desert,Peoples republic of Commiefornia,The land where insanity is law
Quoted: 4116 Post(s)
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,492.10
Total Points: 238,261.54
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
Agreed with you 100%. Even judges has favored him, appointed by the mexican based wbc. Now that you mentioned the first "belt" he came over the weight limit he has signed for.
You sound like such a novice you don't even know NSAC are the ones whom select the judges not the WBC
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

But by all means continue reaching for strawman arguments while high fiving with the dumbest arsehole on this site who only crawls out of his hole to perform mental contortionism in order to hate on Canelos every move
kushking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:19 PM #177
Contender

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Timur78 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 9,732.37

Playing the same old tricks.
Canelo and his team are disgusting.
Timur78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:28 PM #178
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ComboKO is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,589.94
Total Points: 11,065.55

rip at your chance to fight canelo again, he gonna move on to other fights.
ComboKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:34 AM #179
Interim Champion

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
redmyth79 is a splendid one to beholdredmyth79 is a splendid one to beholdredmyth79 is a splendid one to beholdredmyth79 is a splendid one to beholdredmyth79 is a splendid one to beholdredmyth79 is a splendid one to beholdredmyth79 is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,196.68
Total Points: 15,157.36

That has to be the lamest excuse I've ever heard as 3.5 months is way more then enough time to be way more then ready and not over worked!
He just admitted it himself when he said it gives him a month off then get back in the gym!!
Canelo typically always fights like that as he fights in May then again in September being 4 months. 2 extra weeks!
Plant is just not ready is what that means!
Plant is honestly scared to lose after all his talk he is now talking sideways.
Sad
redmyth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:08 AM #180
I AM VERY FEEL

Quoted: 7027 Post(s)
Tony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond reputeTony Trick-Pony has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,671.25
Total Points: 97,470.34
Gracias my dude - Bobby Deez yo check out this sweet swag i stole, u can hav sum 2 brotha - Shontae De'marc No troubles at all, dude.  Great convo and lots of respect! - travestyny I like your style - 1bad65 Haha You damn right - Bobby Deez 
loma is number 1 - Dean_Razorback Great match up!  If mcgirt would have been right that fight could have exploded - Rockin' my first gift...hope i did it right, you slicc mofo - Elroy The Great Respeks, my G - Bobby Deez Sick loot ya'll - Shontae De'marc 
John West Tangy Jalapenos Tuna, the best - Shontae De'marc An apple a day keeps tha haterz at bay - Shontae De'marc Cheers, bro. - travestyny Feel the feels: Great poster - Thraxox Thanks for always welcoming back bruva - Teetotaler 
Top Man! - BoxingFan85 Thx bro... - jaded Thanks, Bro.  Much respect to you! - travestyny Cheers! I'm thankful you're still active here. So few good ones left. - Redd Foxx Stick around bro - u 1 of the good ones - CauliflowerEars 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - anthonydavid11 Childhood Cancer - Thraxox 

Haha. Canelo's great but he does this **** on purpose. He took a page from Sugar Ray Leanard's rematch with Duran. It's a good strategy but painfully obvious. Don't get me wrong though. Guys these days do seem to need too much time to prepare. It makes me wonder how much they balloon up right after their fights. But I see Plant's point, too. The A-side thing is strong with Canelo and at this point, he can just about get away with it, too. If they offer enough money, I bet Plant goes for it. Haha.
Tony Trick-Pony is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends