Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-04-2018, 11:05 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,000,020,000,002,092,826,624.00
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Default Bauer and Wilder: a comparison and contrast

It hit me like a windmill shot, or a Bauer cranium separator shot: We have an interesting case of history repeating itself.

First off to really look at the right hand as a distinct weapon, Wilder seems to have the same gift for this shot as Bauer did. I would say both men threw this shot with the same wild, powerful follow through that resulted in what could be called, the hardest right in boxing history.

Both men have similar builds, with big shoulders, a tight neck, good reach and chicken legs...Bauer had bigger legs, Wilder has more size and wingspan.

Both men have a similar personality. Bauer was kind, good natured, intelligent, had a good sense of humor...but had a pathological fear of what he would do to the other guy in the ring. this is documented and so so ironic. Bauer held back for most of his career, at least thats how many viewed it. But when he started to throw that right it had a savage and quickness to it.

Wilder is a sweet guy. He has a good sense of humor, and also expresses the fact that he is somewhat troubled by what the Bronze Bomber will do in the ring. We all joke about the incident with Charlie Z but lets remember something. Charlie is an irritating ( unt who threatened Wilder's daughter whom I believe has a learning disability. Wilder was able to make it a teaching moment, as charlie begged for his life... How many of us could do that? Having studied the martial arts for most of my life and being able to hurt people very well, if charlie had threatened my family...I am known as a sweet guy as well, but I can tell you I would have been challenged not to throttle Charlie!

If you put Wilder out in public, I mean he can dress in anything he wants, we could also say for the sake of fairness...if we took Bauer and dressed him like Wilder LOL, but the fact is both men would look denonair, tall dark and handsome with wide shoulders, little to no extra weight to speak of...Bauer was a lady's man, so he used that quality. Both men are charming, Wilder speaks relatively well, Bauer actually did television.

I think both guys are similar in persona and as fighters. And while many say Bauer was a wastrel who wasted his talent, if thats the case why was he always in great physical shape? I think he simply decided at a point that he did not want to hurt people. Wilder has the same attitude... he was visably upset when he bombed out Bermaine Stiverne.

And isn't it funny that when we talk about the best Right hand, or at least the most powerful Right, these two guys might be the competition!

IN the interest of this thread I am not picking a winner in a match, suffice to say someone can touch on that. Wilder actually may be the more technically savy! Thoughts?
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-04-2018, 11:30 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3699 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,548,924.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

I dont think Charlie learned his lesson. Im almost sure some boxer chocked him after that.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:23 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,170,390.69
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 
Keep'in them real - jaded nice post - lefthook2daliva Top Rated Consistant Poster - ironmt 

Max Baer? I'm not familiar with the last name Bauer.
Ray Corso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 10:27 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 963 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 118,593,853,255,591,472.00
Total Points: 118,593,853,255,592,512.00

That's a load of speculation, lad. I am not sure Baer made that decision and I am not sure Wilder is a sweet guy who talks well. He may be a sweet guy who caves your head in and who said he hopes to kill an opponent sometime. Joshua/Wilder is the only heavyweight fight I want to see.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:45 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
Lol sorry Ray damn dyslexia. Yes Max Baer.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:46 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
I dont think Charlie learned his lesson. Im almost sure some boxer chocked him after that.
No he sure did not. He never will learn his lesson though.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:05 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3699 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,000,000,000,548,924.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
No he sure did not. He never will learn his lesson though.
There is some new video where some guy chased him down in the street and lit his ass up
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:17 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14316 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,274,919,048,434,292,359,168.00
Total Points: 692,023,152,353,388,158,517,248.00
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
Jew, Omaha, like crawford?
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:54 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
There is some new video where some guy chased him down in the street and lit his ass up
ha yeah I saw that. he runs into the burger shop and hides behind the help.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:47 AM #10
Co.cktail

Quoted: 3015 Post(s)
Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 748,897,697,929,406,208.00
Total Points: 50,000,751,840,199,142,539,264.00
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 No Message - -jose- Team Sutherland FTW - Mike D 
No Message - -jose- Happy New Year bro - HughJass 5000 post you get a hot dog congrats! - -jose- No Message - -jose- 'Obi Juan' :lol1: - -jose- 
war team sutherland - Mike D 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

I can see the comparison tbh. Both extremely wild and dangerous, not really that concerned with point scoring or winning rounds.

Baer fought pretty much everyone he needed to in his career, hopefully Wilder can achieve the same
Tom Cruise is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
bauer, comparison, contrast, wilder:

User Tag List