No announcement yet.

Mayweather has grown on me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather has grown on me

I think the reason why is the ability to back it up. You know , he doesn't just talk the talk , he walks the walks. I use to see him as this clown who was so full of himself. But I think he's gotten away from that stuff lately. I think he has matured. I think the time he did , even though it was nothing major really humbled him. He seems more grounded now.

He is his own boss. He dictates his future. And I look at his last 20 fights and I see nothing but respectable opposition. Very good fighters. When he beats them the way he does then some fans go , oh he was a bum. Really?? So who out there is really going to challenge Floyd?? Is it his fault that opponents are not on his level?

Yeah he hasn't fought Pacquiao. For whatever reason , I don't think the blame can be put on him alone. Whether we think Pacquiao beats him or not is not the point.

I know a lot of people want him to lose and I use to be one of those , but not anymore. The fact that some fans buy his PPVs just to see if he losses says a lot.

His last 20 opponents where a combined 762-59. That's roughly 92.25%. That is amazing. That to me says he has steadily beaten good opposition , the best the world has to offer.
    Only names in his resume which I would not consider a "live dog" at the time they fought are Bruseles and Baldomir. Not saying they were bums either. Just saying those are the least talented ones.

Who else could he have fought besides Pacquiao that he never did. For whatever reason. A fighter that you think could have challenged Floyd and the fight was never made?

And of course excluding Pacquiao , right now who can challenge him. A lot of people complaining about Khan but what difference does it make if whoever they put in front of him will get outclassed.

Garcia and Bradley I think are intriguing but I think Floyd has seen it all and will find a way to win.

Who else could he have fought back then and who can he fight now that you honestly believe has a chance?

Yeah agree with what you said, inside the ring the guy is a genius, but every time he speaks he just chats so much **** its unbelievable.

Comment

That's creepy.

First off, he isn't his own boss. He claimed so for a while but the reality is GB is his promoter, he even said so in his latest video.

Second, there is an opponent on his level he has been ducking for 5 years and counting. Even after that opponent became his mandatory he said and I quote, "He can have the belt.".

Third, it's not that there aren't fighters on his level, it's that he chooses fighters under his level in order to make himself shine. That's a technique used in several fields and it always works.

Fourth, having people tune in to see your downfall is not something to be proud of as a civil human being. To know that many people wish to see your downfall should make you reconsider your behavior and the way you present yourself. You don't need to be a dislikable figure in order to be successful, Manny Pacquiao is a prime example of that. Floyd's lack of excitement however requires him to do so in order to gain attention.

Fifth, fighters fight tomato cans up until they step up to the big leagues. That percentage doesn't really mean much in a sport where fighters are slowly and safely taken along the path until they get the chance to get a big pay day.

And last but not least, he could've fought Cotto back in 2008 when he decided to retire. You know, when Cotto was still in his prime and one of the biggest names in the division. Same with Margarito. Same with Mosley. He chose to play it safe and wait until they got beat and worn out; just like he is trying to do with Pacquiao.

Just like the few fans he has, he has got you brainwashed too and that is okay. Weak minded people are easily manipulatable.
      Last edited by The Problem Child; 12-18-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Casamayor and Popo would have been nice.

Comment

i hope the TS doesn't mean he grew a vagina when he said mayweather had grown on him.

Comment

With the exception of Canelo, I can't recall much of public yearning for Floyd to fight his last several opponents. Judah after several losses? Marquez after several losses? Cotto after a couple of serious beatings? Ortiz after Maidana? Mosely after multiple losses? Sharmba Mitchell? Gatti? Come on. An All Time Great can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              That's creepy.

First off, he isn't his own boss. He claimed so for a while but the reality is GB is his promoter, he even said so in his latest video.

Second, there is an opponent on his level he has been ducking for 5 years and counting. Even after that opponent became his mandatory he said and I quote, "He can have the belt.".

Third, it's not that there aren't fighters on his level, it's that he chooses fighters under his level in order to make himself shine. That's a technique used in several fields and it always works.

Fourth, having people tune in to see your downfall is not something to be proud of as a civil human being. To know that many people wish to see your downfall should make you reconsider your behavior and the way you present yourself. You don't need to be a dislikable figure in order to be successful, Manny Pacquiao is a prime example of that. Floyd's lack of excitement however requires him to do so in order to gain attention.

Fifth, fighters fight tomato cans up until they step up to the big leagues. That percentage doesn't really mean much in a sport where fighters are slowly and safely taken along the path until they get the chance to get a big pay day.

And last but not least, he could've fought Cotto back in 2008 when he decided to retire. You know, when Cotto was still in his prime and one of the biggest names in the division. Same with Margarito. Same with Mosley. He chose to play it safe and wait until they got beat and worn out; just like he is trying to do with Pacquiao.

Just like the few fans he has, he has got you brainwashed too and that is okay. Weak minded people are easily manipulatable.
              With such idiocy, I had to refrain from reading the rest of your post.

Comment

floyd is the exact opposite of talking the talk and walking the walk. he's all talk no action. all his ducking should have been a dead give away.

Comment

Great post TS, the only opponent who he could be criticized for at the time was Marquez but even then he was coming off of a 2 year layoff and Marquez still went on to do greats things in the division. Since his return in 2009 he's faced exactly who I've wanted him to, of course all this can change if he faces Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    With such idiocy, I had to refrain from reading the rest of your post.
                    Only the simple minded and uneducated judge the surface and then proceed to attack without any factual information in return. I do not expect everyone here to be an intellectually orientated poster so I can't blame you.

Fact is, being an own boss doesn't require from two other bosses in order to come to decisions. He claimed it was all up to him at one point, now he claims it depends on his team which include the head chiefs at GB Promotions.

Comment

Working...
                    X