Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that people believe...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that people believe...........

Why is it that people believe that boxing does not take intense training and discipline to become a fighter? Why is it that people believe that being a boxer is like being an athelete in any other sport?

Let me tell you first hand that boxing is by far the hardest sport that is out there.

I have people in here telling me this and telling me that about training procedures like they know what it's like. A couple of amatuer bouts will get your feet wet but it will not tell you the whole story of what it takes to compete on a high level.

The youth today have become soft and pampered little puzzies as a whole. I just got through debating what it takes to be a fighter, for the most part these people were clueless as to the intensity that a fighter must train to become successfull. "If you are sore from training the day before than take acouple of days off to heal." LMFAO at that statement made in the thread.

If you want to become a fighter you will have to bust your balls to become succesfull. You will stay clear of the parties and in general the night life that the common person enjoys. Being a fighter makes you so uncommon among the populous. You stay clean and bust your ass every day that you are in the gym.

If this sounds like it may be too much dedication then I might recommend that you try your hand at golf or baseball or maybe even bocche ball. If you are not prepared to give boxing your all then you would be much better suited for the back 9 at any local golf course.

You will train as you fight and you will fight as you have trained. If your opponent goes the extra mile or spends more time in the gym conditioning than you than most likely he will be more prepared for war.

Part of my power in the ring was conditioning. When the bell rings I would get in your face and start warring. You move over there and I'm on you. You move again and just the same I'm on top of you. What happens is that the less conditioned fighter will begin to succumb to the pressure and will eventually fold simply by keeping constant pressure on them because they are less conditioned and spark out. I was trained to where I could throw punches for the entire fight. If you come up against a fighter conditioned as I was you would be in some serious trouble if you are not in top shape.

You can tell me that I over trained as they raise my arm in victory..........Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 01-10-2012, 02:58 AM.

Well, in my experience, people DO think that boxing requires intense training. Granted, they have no idea just what kind of hell it truly is but, from what I've experienced, people have a lot of respect for those who box. The popularity of cardio boxing has weakened the public's view of boxing training though.
    I'll have to admit that I think that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is just as tough as far as training goes. So tough that it takes a real toll on the body in the long run and I prefer to box because of it. Boxing makes me feel vital, even though it takes absolutely everything I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
      Boxing makes me feel vital, even though it takes absolutely everything I have.
      Yes, it takes everything and then some. You are not one that I would group with the rest of that bunch..............Rockin'

Comment

i believe its due to MMA.......they see these bums fighting on TV and think wow boxing must be as easy....pfffft...stupid MMA

Comment

I have never met anyone who thinks boxing doesn't take a great sacrifice or effort but it's not alone.

I know people love the MMA vs boxing threads but working with pro MMA fighters now in a few gyms and having a close friend who is a pro mma fighter, I have gained serious respect for the sport.

It's not as technical or beautiful to me as boxing but it's a hard, hard sport. Wrestling, ju-jitsu, judo all those disciplines are very tough to master. Wrestling is something serious, it takes more endurance than boxing IMO. I have never been more tired than wrestling on the ground for 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            I have never met anyone who thinks boxing doesn't take a great sacrifice or effort but it's not alone.

I know people love the MMA vs boxing threads but working with pro MMA fighters now in a few gyms and having a close friend who is a pro mma fighter, I have gained serious respect for the sport.

It's not as technical or beautiful to me as boxing but it's a hard, hard sport. Wrestling, ju-jitsu, judo all those disciplines are very tough to master. Wrestling is something serious, it takes more endurance than boxing IMO. I have never been more tired than wrestling on the ground for 2 minutes.
            I coach at an MMA gym as well and have had a UFC fighter there even was on the ultimate fighter...they condition hard and its tuff...but not as much as Boxing...i mean sure the ELITE MMA guys train as hard one could say but a majority do not...most in my gym claim they are MMA guys but only do jiu jitsu....lol..

Comment

[QUOTE=Cuauhtémoc1502;11649333]I have never met anyone who thinks boxing doesn't take a great sacrifice or effort but it's not alone.

It's not as technical or beautiful to me as boxing but it's a hard, hard sport. Wrestling, ju-jitsu, judo all those disciplines are very tough to master. Wrestling is something serious, it takes more endurance than boxing IMO. I have never been more tired than wrestling on the ground for 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]agreed to the bold...but...take a wrestler and put him in ring for 2 minutes and he says the same thing about boxing

Comment

I have to disagree, because in boxing you can take breaks if you are facing someone who isn't a pressure fighter. In wrestling, you are going 100% the whole time because you are constantly struggling for position.

That's why high school and college wrestling are short rounds. It's tough to go for 12 rounds in a wrestling match, there's no way. Your body wouldn't be able to take it.

Comment

I have to disagree, because in boxing you can take breaks if you are facing someone who isn't a pressure fighter. In wrestling, you are going 100% the whole time because you are constantly struggling for position.

That's why high school and college wrestling are short rounds. It's tough to go for 12 rounds in a wrestling match, there's no way. Your body wouldn't be able to take it.
                  well from absolute complete experience...I KNOW....the wrestlers/Jits guys get tired from one 2 minute round in my gym...yet can roll all day long...I however can go rounds and rounds in the ring..but cant do 5 minutes of rolling without exhaustion....its just how one trains and comfort levels as well...now if one trains hard in both sports..then its not much a difference they should b fine physicly in both...but the ones whom dont..will find the difference

Comment

and take breaks??? are u kidden me...those whom take breaks get beat down and are worthless..u may not b engaging but having to focus and be ready for the next shot or combo is not taking a break....body wise possibly..mentally none at all...if u can count the inbetween stages of contact as a break then one can count the laying on the back stage of wrestling a break

Comment

Working...
                    X