Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 09-22-2018, 04:08 AM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 665 Post(s)
TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,012,058,807.86
Thanks for your support & respect - Massage Queen girls boxing vid - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
It’s only the first trailer I hope they didn’t mess it up.
But in my opinion there were so much more compelling heroines to choose from to be the first marvel super heroine with her own movie.
Carol Danvers isn’t even the best Captain Marvel, not even the best female captain Marvel. But I’ll reserve judgement until the movie drops.
really? didnt even know there were multiple captain marvels?

after infinity war my friend told me Samuel is paging Captain Marvel I was like who the F is Captain Marvel that name alone sounds corny as hell then he told me its a chick. So I was like whoa she's gotta be real bad ass then right? He was like yea she's one of the most powerful ones then I'm like who's playing her? he was like brie Larson. I google her like WTF? This is totally the wrong actress for that role LOL.
TheGR8TESTOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:04 AM #52
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 947 Post(s)
BoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingTech718 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,368,873,815.39
Total Points: 50,000,000,000,107,353,210,880.00
no need to apologize, but here is the chamapagne four humility - led To a fellow vet and patriot. - Jim Jeffries I like your avatar - JimRaynor good posting on the starbucks thread - bigjavi973 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
really? didnt even know there were multiple captain marvels?

after infinity war my friend told me Samuel is paging Captain Marvel I was like who the F is Captain Marvel that name alone sounds corny as hell then he told me its a chick. So I was like whoa she's gotta be real bad ass then right? He was like yea she's one of the most powerful ones then I'm like who's playing her? he was like brie Larson. I google her like WTF? This is totally the wrong actress for that role LOL.
Because my dad was a comic book collector me when he was a child I was privy enough to read a huge comic collection when I was younger.

The best Captain Marvel was DCs Billy Batson. But because they lost the rights to the name Marvel comics was able to get it.

The best Marvel Comics Captain was the original Kree soldier Mar Vel.
The best female marvel for most comic book fans was Monica Rambeau the first female Captain Marvel.

They should have found a better actor for the role but hopefully it’s bettwr than. It looks now
BoxingTech718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:53 AM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Lopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeLopez_Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,010,000,110,962.00
No Message - Snoop Frog 

Quote:
Not to sound like hater but doesn't Captain Marvel look horrible?

I mean you got all these bad arse super heroes with bad arse powers and cool costumes and then they do the mother of all super hero films only to follow it by this white chick in a weak spandex uniform?

Am I Missing something here?
It’s a female superhero movie, you’re probably not in it’s demographic
Lopez_Boxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:00 PM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1993 Post(s)
BLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 335,571,406,266,664,681,472.00
Total Points: 441,570,507,264,567,148,544.00
Thanks, bruh! Here's you a brew! - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles 

Quote:
I love the dark knight flicks those were my favorite. all the other ones are garbage. a few of the xmen were alright and dead pool is more my speed.
I like Deadpool and as you Dark Knight vids were the koots.
Once these movie companies see a movie that works they try disnefy them and the end up crapola.
I think they need to add some real darkness to these fliks even make some r rated for more adult concepts and gore graphics.
Scarier looking heroes and villains would be good.
BLASTER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:24 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 665 Post(s)
TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,012,058,807.86
Thanks for your support & respect - Massage Queen girls boxing vid - -jose- :beerchug: - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
It’s a female superhero movie, you’re probably not in it’s demographic
Wonder Woman wasn't 1/2 bad but I still feel they didnt caste the right actress for that. They need a voluptuous curvy athletic chick, not a anorexic super model.
TheGR8TESTOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:20 PM #56
Up and Comer

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Bobby Tony is a jewel in the roughBobby Tony is a jewel in the roughBobby Tony is a jewel in the roughBobby Tony is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,010,065.88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
The best Captain Marvel was DCs Billy Batson. But because they lost the rights to the name Marvel comics was able to get it.
I’m glad you said that about the original Captain Marvel.

Here is a character who came on the scene the year after Superman. He was created by a different comic company from DC. At first, both characters were more like circus strongmen, but each character would begin performing greater and greater feats of strength in his comic, and the other character would have to do something to outdo it. You could tell the competitors were checking out the other guys’ comic books. And Captain Marvel outsold Superman comics in the 1940s.

Captain Marvel could fly before Superman. It makes sense for Captain Marvel to fly because he’s got mythological powers from Mercury and Zeus. Superman’s just a super-strong alien, a normal guy on his own home planet. OK a yellow sun and lesser gravity give you strength and you can leap tall buildings, but why or how can he fly?

All thru WWII era, Captain Marvel was a manly character in weird comics – talking tigers and worms, trips to Venus, tripped out adventures. Sometimes they’d make him shy in front of women for laughs, but it wasn’t explicit in the original comic that Billy and CM were the same person or not. Other times, they had Billy and Cap talk to each other in dreams or other dimensions, like they were separate people.

DC had been suing the Captain Marvel company for years that CM was copyright infringement on Superman. In 1953, they finally won and Captain Marvel disappeared from the newsstands.

After 15 years, the copyright on the name lapsed. In 1968, Marvel comics created its Captain Mar-vell (who is also a character I liked).

By 1973, DC comics got the rights to the Billy Batson Captain Marvel, but had to call the comic book ‘Shazam!’ Now that CM and Superman were under the same publisher, Captain Marvel’s cartoony aspects were emphasized and they made it firm that he was a kid in his head. So he’s been given shoddy depictions and had to play second fiddle to Superman ever since.

The character will be party to a double insult next year:

1) They’re making this Ms Marvel movie, who’s had the name Captain Marvel for about 4 years, and calling it “Captain Marvel”.

2) They’re making a Shazam movie. In the last couple years, DC gave in to idiocracy & changed the character’s name officially to ‘Shazam’ (which is really the wizard’s name Billy says to gets his powers, so how can he tell people his new name??) They’re playing up the kid angle even more, so it’ll be like the movie “Big” in tights.

Hate to sound like a bitter old f**ker cuz I’m really not that guy. But. They’ve already ruined other of my childhood heroes The Green Hornet and The Lone Ranger with bad movies.

Now they’re coming for Captain Marvel too.

Shaz-Damn!
Bobby Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:41 PM #57
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1717 Post(s)
AllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,148,540.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ44 View Post
Y'all crazy, Brie Larson lookin sexy and kick ass
She look kick-ass with that plain, scrawny body?

In the comics Captain Marvel is fit and athletic.
AllBoxingAD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:42 PM #58
Undisputed Champion

AllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond reputeAllBoxingAD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chups View Post
She looks weak for somebody who is suppose to challenge Thanos. I see Thor, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch and the HULK having more chance of beating Thanos.
Hulk had his chance.

Thanos put hands on him and Hulk is scared too scared to come back out now.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:45 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3288 Post(s)
BigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond reputeBigZ44 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,600,296,090.90
knowledgeable - jas enjoy your pizzas bro!! - Turd Best Ever extra toppings - Turd Best Ever Legend - jas atg poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
She look kick-ass with that plain, scrawny body?

In the comics Captain Marvel is fit and athletic.
Plain and scrawny? Man she got into some good shape, I don't know what you were expecting, most people don't look like comic book characters. Who would you have hired for the role then?
BigZ44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:04 PM #60
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ44 View Post
Plain and scrawny? Man she got into some good shape, I don't know what you were expecting, most people don't look like comic book characters. Who would you have hired for the role then?
Good shape? Nah, she plain as hell. She is exactly the same as she always looks for all of her other roles.

All she needed to do was workout to look like her comicbook character. Go from "plain" to "fit".

A good example of what Im talking about is Emily Blunt in Edge of Tomorrow.

Share This With Friends

Tags
captain, doesn't, hater, horrible?, marvel, sound

User Tag List