Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans outside of the UK - Who should Khan face next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brook and only brook

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I'd rather see Manny. I think thats a more interesting fight. Never been into Brook all that much. I think Manny vs Amir is the more fun fight too.

Yawn at any ducking debate with Khan here. He's fought too many quality guys to be accused of ducking Brook of all people. I do think he doesn't like that cat for some reason & doesn't wanna help him get paid off of his own name or something along those lines.
      How can it be seen any other way than Khan ducking?

Khan said publically if Brook wins a world title he'll fight him, Brook wins one, offers him a career high pay day and a chance to win his first world title at 147 and first title at all since 2012 and he turns it down?

How is that not ducking?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        How can it be seen any other way than Khan ducking?

Khan said publically if Brook wins a world title he'll fight him, Brook wins one, offers him a career high pay day and a chance to win his first world title at 147 and first title at all since 2012 and he turns it down?

How is that not ducking?
        That sounds like old sh^t to me. I don't care about some old sh^t all that much & more importantly idr all the particulars of that to comment on it.

But I'm commenting on now...today. And Khan isn't ducking Brook by fighting a legend in Manny or a better higher ranked fighter with a belt like Bud, Spence, Thurman or Porter.

Comment

Khan vs Manny is a bigger fight..

Comment

That sounds like old sh^t to me. I don't care about some old sh^t all that much & more importantly idr all the particulars of that to comment on it.

But I'm commenting on now...today. And Khan isn't ducking Brook by fighting a legend in Manny or a better higher ranked fighter with a belt like Bud, Spence, Thurman or Porter.
            Well that "old sh^t" is literally him ducking him which is pretty relevant to this conversation.

He ain't fighting any of those guys mentioned except Pacquaio because he's old and has a name.

He will only fight Brook when there is literally no other way to make a big pay cheque. We KNOW he has been ducking Brook for years and I thought now there would be small enough options for it to happen but no he wants to drag Manny out the retirement home instead.

He doesn't want to risk fighting Brook even for a massive pay day it's so obvious to see.

Comment

Well that "old sh^t" is literally him ducking him which is pretty relevant to this conversation.
              Like I said its old sh^t so its not relevant to if he's ducking NOW. Idr all that bs from several years ago so maybe he did or didn't duck him back then, but typically these ducking debates are lame ass arguments by people that don't fight or understand this is a business & there are more variables going on with situations then sh^t someone said that one time or w/e.

I understand lotsa boxing fans got that schoolyard mentality with fighting & call outs & bs like that. But that doesn't have anything to do with boxing on the level we talk about here.

He ain't fighting any of those guys mentioned except Pacquaio because he's old and has a name.
              Brook is an idiot if he wouldn't fight Pacquiao over Khan. Thats a legacy fight for any of these guys around right now.

Say Manny is old or w/e if you want & its not like you are wrong, but that doesn't change the fact Manny's a legend & his name on Khan's or Brook's resume would sexy it up massively.

And I think Khan would fight ANYONE. He's not the smartest mfer around. He's got delusions of grandeur & maybe isn't even capable of being fearful of another boxer. I do think he dislikes Brook & doesn't really wanna be a part of him getting a payday, but thats a different situation I'd argue.

Comment

Like I said its old sh^t so its not relevant to if he's ducking NOW. Idr all that bs from several years ago so maybe he did or didn't duck him back then, but typically these ducking debates are lame ass arguments by people that don't fight or understand this is a business & there are more variables going on with situations then sh^t someone said that one time or w/e.

I understand lotsa boxing fans got that schoolyard mentality with fighting & call outs & bs like that. But that doesn't have anything to do with boxing on the level we talk about here.

Brook is an idiot if he wouldn't fight Pacquiao over Khan. Thats a legacy fight for any of these guys around right now.

Say Manny is old or w/e if you want & its not like you are wrong, but that doesn't change the fact Manny's a legend & his name on Khan's or Brook's resume would sexy it up massively.

And I think Khan would fight ANYONE. He's not the smartest mfer around. He's got delusions of grandeur & maybe isn't even capable of being fearful of another boxer. I do think he dislikes Brook & doesn't really wanna be a part of him getting a payday, but thats a different situation I'd argue.
                Well you don't fight do you? So from that argument you wouldn't know either.

Brook literally ducked Khan for years in one of the most blatant ways ever. You don't remember it, ok whatever I don't care I am just letting you know that fact.

He's not ducking him right now because he has barely any big money options left. Doesn't change the fact he ducked him for years and even now he still will exhaust all other options before entertaining Brook which will make him more money than any other option currently.

Not hard to see.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                  Not even the least bit interested in a drained Brook taking in a crap Khan.
                  Solid point here. Can Brook even make 147 anymore?

Comment

I say Pac so he could cash out and retire. He doesn't have the chin for boxing and he would get wrecked by both Pac and Brook. He might as well go for the better paycheck.

Comment

Well you don't fight do you? So from that argument you wouldn't know either.
                      I'm not calling anyone a ducker either. Too many dorks here loosely call people duckers & this game ain't that simple is my argument. There are more variables going on with your career that can lead you in different ways then perhaps your previously stated goals or callouts allow for. So even if Khan said x that doesn't mean his situation didn't change or better situations didn't come up. Its not that simple like some elementary afterschool fight. These cats are making 7 digit decisions.

Brook literally ducked Khan for years in one of the most blatant ways ever. You don't remember it, ok whatever I don't care I am just letting you know that fact.
                      Awesome you got an impressive memory for remembering old lame sh^t congrats I guess.

Like I said I don't give a f#ck if Khan did duck him back in the day. We are talking about now. NOW TODAY I don't see how fighting a legend or a guy with a belt would be ducking this broken face can't even get down to 147 without being half ass dead probably guy.

And if Hearn is claiming Khan makes more money fighting Brook then Manny it better be a lot more cuz Manny on Khan's resume is still a better overall upside for him, win or lose, then Brook. I don't think you turn down a fight with a legend even if its slightly less money. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X