Who else could take a 74 Foreman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul750
    Lewis would be too smart to get hurt.
    thank you, some one sees the true style of BOXING not hitting, anyone can hit some one, it takes a good brain and healthy body to box, foreman did not have this, if he did he wudda beat ali but no he done the obvious.
    as for tyson ducking old foreman, so maybe he didnt want to fight him for a good reason, ever thought a fighter can have a reason for not fighting?
    lewis had a pretty good chin actually.
    rocky would wear foreman down then continuosly bang him down so i think your wrong!
    o.k matbe louis wasn't the biggest of fighters but he sure was fast, just like ali was fast, speed is a much better fundamental for a boxer to have.

just like frazier said before the ali,foreman fight "hes got two fists, he has a chance".
    so just stop for a moment and think about what a succesfull pro hw who fought ali and foreman said!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
      like he was smart against Hasim Rahman and Oliver McCall? Lewis never fought anyone with Foremans power. Doesn't matter how smart you are, a lanky, slow glassed chinned fight like Lewis is just asking to be KO'd / injured by somone like Foreman and his sledge hammer shots.
      Lewis wasn't slow, he was actually pretty fast for a guy of his size. the fights he lost where when he wasn't being smart, thats the whole point. he put on an absoloute masterclass against Rahman in the rematch. when Lewis respected his oppenent and even had a bit of fear, he used it as a positive, when he was in peak form, he let his boxing take care of business, Lewis in the Rahman rematch would be too slick, too smart, and his powerful shots would get Foremans attention. i believe Lewis perfomed best when faced with a very dangerous opponent look at Razor Ruddock, Lewis was only bad when he was too overconfident and cocky, when he was brought back down to earth, it made him perform, i think some people just don't like him and are jealous haters.

Comment

Originally posted by barry
        as for tyson ducking old foreman, so maybe he didnt want to fight him for a good reason, ever thought a fighter can have a reason for not fighting?
        Sure fighters have a reason for not fighting someone and in the case of Tyson & Foreman, it had to do with Tyson being scared of the big guy and that's not only mine or Butterfly's opinion...Everyone associated with trying to match Tyson & Foreman up in the early 90's state the same thing, including Don King's matchmaker, Bob Goodman, who played a key role in trying to make the matchup;

"****in' Tyson is scared **** less of Foreman and wants no part of him."

Comment

i say mike would of had nothing to do with young foreman, but the old foreman?? i think he had a good chance, but back to ppl who could handle 74 foreman....lennox comes to mind cause hes bigger than foreman, however prolly just mean foreman has more to hit...liston b4 he became heavyweight champ is a good choice too, he was absolutely brutal b4 he became champ...

Comment

tyson yeah i said it

Comment

what the hell is it with people saying that no1 could take Foremans punches on the arms and body like Ali. srsly man, they were both heavyweights and most of the shots were on the arms. No1 would give up infront of the whole world with those arm shots and crappy head shots he threw which were sloppy and not landing cleanly. If youse remember, foreman fought 5 guys in a row in an exhibition match like 6 months after the ali fight and 1 or 2 of the guys used the rope a dope and Foreman was still confused on what to do and they were pros with crappy records

Comment

I believe Joe Louis would stand a chance against the George Foreman that was defeated by Muhammad Ali. He was a brilliant boxer with fast, accurate and powerful punches. I can envision him blocking, countering and slipping Foremans bombs early on, to come back and stop Foreman later on. Foremans lack of stamina would give Louis a decent chance.

Maybe also a prime Larry Holmes.

Gene Tunney might stand a chance, because of his marvelous defensive abilities. Tunney is often underrated and overlooked, whilst he infact was a very gifted and clever boxer. He might be a bit too small though...

Comment

Originally posted by M26
                  I believe Joe Louis would stand a chance against the George Foreman that was defeated by Muhammad Ali. He was a brilliant boxer with fast, accurate and powerful punches. I can envision him blocking, countering and slipping Foremans bombs early on, to come back and stop Foreman later on. Foremans lack of stamina would give Louis a decent chance.

Maybe also a prime Larry Holmes.

Gene Tunney might stand a chance, because of his marvelous defensive abilities. Tunney is often underrated and overlooked, whilst he infact was a very gifted and clever boxer. He might be a bit too small though...
                  joe louis and gene tunney? excuse me but louis' chin was made of porcelain. now take louis' glass chin and the hardest hitting fighter ever and see what happens?

and gene tunney is way too small for louis. he's a lhw and foreman is a big strong hw. tunney would last the first 30 seconds with foreman, if that much.

but yes, prime holmes would beat george foreman, though.

Comment

prime holmes would beat george foreman, though.
                    no..........

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger
                      no..........
                      holmes style is similar to ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X