No announcement yet.

I'm glad GGG won't be considered in p4p #1 discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
    The excuse given now by GGG fanboys will be that it wasn't his fault that there weren't enough elite fighters in his era. The exact thing the Klitlickers used to say.
    I have to say, it feels me with the most profound happiness that you continue to use the Klitlicker term years after I'd invented it and used it on this. I genuinely believe that's my greatest contribution to this site - coining the term Klitlickers because even years later, it's still damn true.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Not hating on the man, but it irritated me that people considered him up there. He is not, and never has been the calibre of fighter that Loma or Crawford are. He has got nowhere near the talent, tools and versatility that those guys possess, and he certainly hasn't done it in as many weight divisions.

Golovkin struggles against good fighters, those two wipe them out. You could probably throw Mikey in there too, and Usyk in recent times. To me Golovkin has always been a little overrated and a back half of the top 10 p4p type, great fighter, but too limited to be considered that high, he is a physically domineering one weight type fighter.
      Pound for pound is just personal opinion and that is just your opinion. I thought GGG beat Canelo twice and I don't rate Crawford as high as you do. Tell everyone Hagler,Monzon and Pryor were not very good because they only fought at one weight. Loma is the best to me. I am not sure the exact order but I rate GGG, Canelo, Usyk and Spence all higher than Crawford and Mikey. When Crawford moved up to welterweight you can't act like he is a lightweight beating welterweights. He is a welterweight and must be judged pfp as a welterweight.I think Spence would knock him out so I rate Spence higher PFP. Crawford's only win at welterweight was beating the hell out of Jeff Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
        I have to say, it feels me with the most profound happiness that you continue to use the Klitlicker term years after I'd invented it and used it on this. I genuinely believe that's my greatest contribution to this site - coining the term Klitlickers because even years later, it's still damn true.
        I've used it at every opportune moment!!

Comment

How do we know Crawford doesn't lose when he steps his competition level up? He's looked good against the same calibre of opposition that golovkin did.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            How do we know Crawford doesn't lose when he steps his competition level up? He's looked good against the same calibre of opposition that golovkin did.
            Crawford is a champion in 3 different weight classes, that achievement alone is greater than anything ggg has ever done.

Jacobs is nowhere near a P4P fighter and he took ggg to his limit, a P4P fighter should not be struggling with a guy like that.

Comment

problem is nowadays fans of these fighters like GGG hype up his every win and refuse to see the limitations and flaws to his abilty they believe they are invincible and start claiming they can beat hagler, duran ect ect after beating some african roadsweeper in monaco

Comment

Read my post history. I was clear as day all along.

Gennady was a fringe PFP fighter...maybe as high as #8 based on potential.

Dude has the worst resume among all tenured champions in the modern ERA.

Comment

Neither Loma nor especially Crawford ever fought a caliber of a fighter like Canelo yet, not even close.

Comment

Translation. I'm glad they robbed golovkin twice, so I don't have to concede that he's actually a good fighter.

I'm kidding, I haven't scored the second fight.

Hes old, he was for sure in Loma and Crawfords class. Jumping class is also something noobs don't understand the variables of.

With that said, Loma is numero uno for me.
                    Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-17-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Crawford is a champion in 3 different weight classes, that achievement alone is greater than anything ggg has ever done.

Jacobs is nowhere near a P4P fighter and he took ggg to his limit, a P4P fighter should not be struggling with a guy like that.
                      How many weightclasses has Broner been champ in?

Just because a guy didn't drain himself to start his career, or didn't turn pro early, doesn't mean anything, it's who you beat not how many weightclasses you climb. Weight climbing should only be impressive when a guy is leaving his weight to fight bigger men, Crawford at 147 is right at home. Broner was actually out of his weight at 147, thus Broner = more impressive, using your logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X