No announcement yet.

Harrison Ford: "Stop Giving Power to People Who Don't Believe in Science"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    I dont want people to be unemployed. I want people living today to be able to live today.
    People are GONNA be unemployed like it or not, sooner or later. You can educate a robot quicker than you can educate a human to do a new job & with more success, less failure at all levels of experience. Its just gonna make more sense to have a basic income type economy at some point.

The gap is closing quick on what you can program robots to do. I've heard people way smarter then myself saying robots can be artists (comedians, actors, musicians, etc) once things get advanced enough as crazy as that sounds, even to me, which would seem to be the last line of defense for humans having jobs, but all the basic run of the mill jobs 80% of people have today are walking dead already.

But we arent heading towards good things as a species if we keep going that way. Only one planet earth, one sun...
    Definitely. Finite resources & finite damage a atmosphere can take = dead humans at some point. Thats a basic equation thats not respected enough or even considered enough. How important is x today if it equals your great grandkids not getting to exist or to have to live some life beneath the life we live today if they do exist?

Comment

Im aware of how majority votes work and I didnt challenge anyone's right to their faith and beliefs.

Im asking you your opinion.

Should people who do not believe in science be in charge?
      Within the limitations of your question, no, anyone who does not believe in ANY form of science is not someone who I would vote for or want to see in charge. That's what we have running around in the Middle East, religious zealots and extremists still living in the 7th century.

With regard to the original thread topic, there is conflicting science about climate control and global warming. People like Harrison Ford believe all climate change is man-made. That is not based upon scientific evidence. Climate change includes cyclical changes in the earth's core temperature, solar activity, AMOC, and other factors.

I am all for environmental conservation. Clean air, clean water, lower emissions, nature preservation, etc. However, I'm not convinced that climate change is purely man-made as many of these uninformed celebrities and radical politicians would have us believe. There is typically an agenda behind extreme points of view. Money exchanges hands at a corporate and government level.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        It’s the world these days

They are trying to take over everything that gives them a voice and spread propaganda

In the uk they tried to make it anti Semitism to say anything negative about Israel

Even if you mentioned them murdering children and taking peoples homes which is true, they tried to silence people by using media’s run by Jews lol

Thankfully the public told them to F off

There is a mod who is also a Jew on here, what I posted will get me banned as they are trying to force a view point even on here even though I was disrespectful about the religion just Israel and people in power trying to force their views
        Spot on, not to mention Rothschild banking families involved to etc

Comment

He's a neo-Nazi POS, what can you say?

Comment

What did he say that was so wrong?

I see comments telling him to F-off... for what?

I also dont want people who dont believe in science to be in charge.
            He's just a two bit actor trying to impose a sheep mindset "oh you have to invest/believe in this" how about fuk off. (bruno voice - harrison forrrrrrdd)

Comment

I agree with the core philosophy. We shouldn't be giving any power to people who don't understand or refuse to accept science.

Comment

It’s a question of being educated about the world around you. This last election the stupid people won and they elected a stupid President. Sad thing is the stupid people, as it’s occurred all through history, were deceived by the upper class to give up their political power. The elite are now in control hence the tax cuts for the rich. The stupid people so incredibly deceived they accepted crumbs while the rich became that much more powerful.

Comment

Science is supposed to be challenged.

Comment

Another thread where all the flat earthers come out smh

Comment

Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
                      Science is supposed to be challenged.
                      I want to pause here and talk about this notion of consensus, and the rise of what has been called consensus science. I regard consensus science as an extremely pernicious development that ought to be stopped cold in its tracks. Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had.

Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Science, on the contrary, requires only one investigator who happens to be right, which means that he or she has results that are verifiable by reference to the real world. In science consensus is irrelevant. What is relevant is reproducible results. The greatest scientists in history are great precisely because they broke with the consensus.

There is no such thing as consensus science. If it's consensus, it isn't science. If it's science, it isn't consensus. Period.
                      Michael Crichton

Comment

Working...
                      X