Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question for you history guys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question for you history guys.

Has a Judge ever got their comeuppance?
    Any Promoters?

I already seen Refs getting whooped.

Define comeuppance?

The refs from the Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara fight got suspended indefinitely. I think 1 has returned to boxing since then, but iirc it was years later.

CJ Ross got publicly shamed out of the business after her 6-6 scorecard for Canelo vs Floyd. I don't think she got suspended for that, but maybe she did.

Those are the two situations that come to mind off the top of my head, but there are more.

As for promoters I think Don King got his karma with his promotional career turning into w/e the f#ck it is now & the Ali Act that could be more appropriately be called the Don King Act cuz that whole bill is about stopping Don King more than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Define comeuppance?

The refs from the Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara fight got suspended indefinitely. I think 1 has returned to boxing since then, but iirc it was years later.

CJ Ross got publicly shamed out of the business after her 6-6 scorecard for Canelo vs Floyd. I don't think she got suspended for that, but maybe she did.

Those are the two situations that come to mind off the top of my head, but there are more.

As for promoters I think Don King got his karma with his promotional career turning into w/e the f#ck it is now & the Ali Act that could be more appropriately be called the Don King Act cuz that whole bill is about stopping Don King more than anyone else.
      Thanks for the reply.
      I already knew about those ones.

I was thinking more along the lines of judges getting whooped or worse.
      I'm amazed there isn't stories of old timey judges getting
      shot or hanged or something.

Suspensions and getting public shamed seem to mean nothing i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Flak View Post
        Thanks for the reply.
        I already knew about those ones.

I was thinking more along the lines of judges getting whooped or worse.
        I'm amazed there isn't stories of old timey judges getting
        shot or hanged or something.

Suspensions and getting public shamed seem to mean nothing i reckon.
        Not in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          As for promoters I think Don King got his karma with his promotional career turning into w/e the f#ck it is now
          Don King controlled the world heavyweight championship for nearly 40 years. Think about that for a second.

The only thing that finally stopped king was the Klitschko brothers. No matter what he tried, he could never get them to sign with him, and there weren't any fighters good enough to beat them that he could sign. His empire crumbled because it was always predicated on controlling the world heavyweight championship.

To his credit though, at 87 years old, he does have the interim WBA world heavyweight champion, who is on the verge of being elevated to world champion due to Charr flunking a drug test. An amazing feat for King at his age.

Comment

Adelaide Byrd (118-110 for Canelo in GGG-Canelo I) was suspended and barred from major fights after her disgraceful scoring for Canelo; I don't know what she's been doing lately but hopefully she's in Dancing with the Stars and not judging boxing matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
              Adelaide Byrd (118-110 for Canelo in GGG-Canelo I) was suspended and barred from major fights after her disgraceful scoring for Canelo; I don't know what she's been doing lately but hopefully she's in Dancing with the Stars and not judging boxing matches.
              Any judges punished for the Canelo-GGG 2 scoring?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Any judges punished for the Canelo-GGG 2 scoring?
                There were no scores as outrageous as Byrd's. Most sensible observers agree this was a close fight...not a robbery.

Comment

Don King supposedly got stomped out by Mike Tyson. Whether there is any truth in that IDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Don King supposedly got stomped out by Mike Tyson. Whether there is any truth in that IDK.
                    The post-prison stomp I assume.

Comment

Working...
                    X