Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Canelo Won Clearly, He Broke Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought it was interesting when Stephen Smith asked Ward if he thought there would be a rematch, Ward said something like, 'No, when the smaller man has gotten a victory like that, he needs to take the win, and move on', almost as if to say, count your blessings, and cherish the "victory"

hardly surprising that Ward would say some unsporting BS like this, tho, really

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      SAUL "Canelo" Alvarez" put on a dominant display against Gennady Golovkin this weekend, according to former pound-for-pound king Andre Ward but his comments have not gone down well. Canelo stunned his Kazakh rival in an enthralling contest that gripped viewers in Las Vegas and around the world.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Even though i believe Canelo won, i am not sure even Ward understood what he (Ward) said.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        Said by a gold medalist. GGG was backed up for most of the fight. I don’t know how people saw GGG win, and Im GGG fan. Did people see GGG face at the end the fight.
        I have noticed your a fan of his & am surprised theres quite a few more real boxing fans who are also big gggfans but don't feel the need to lie than I thought. I posted this in another thread but figure hey might as well post it here too so others can see these vids if they missed it.

Heres RJJ saying ggg deserved to lose because of getting backed & bullied all night.

Heres Abel Sanchez admitting defeat(I got other vids in Spanish where he admitted more & said Canelo deserved the W after that amazing show.

Heres Ward saying"Canelo dominated ggg"

Heres Abel before the fight telling off a reporter 4 saying the truth"after rewatching 1st fight 4x,Canelo didn't run AT ALL,& he landed more body shots" abel snapped & pulled rank on reporter then claims Canelo didn't land hardly any body shots on ggg in 1st fight & reporter says "yes he did" so abel got angry & goes on to say ggg will heavily outland to the body supposedly "again"

Heres Spence/Charlo etc. Saying ggg deserved to lose

Heres where Stephen A contradicts everything from Ward video above(after he said gggs only landed mainly weak jabs) & where Atlas loses control while demonstrating yet again what a great "white" hoper he truly is,Atlas lost all credibility when he was claiming Lomas #1 p4p for beating a few overmatched fighters & losing to 1 in a short ass Only wbo career(Arum basically owns WBO & bought lomas 1st belt),Atlas is the most biased clown in sports
        Last edited by kushking; 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          So you're trying to convince us that GGG earned a Mayweather purse for two fights? Lol Remember Mayweather earned $32M per fight on his 1M buy fights under the Showtime deal. It's basically impossible that he earned that much per fight because we all know Canelo took the lions share both times.

That number is much closer to $30M than $60M.

And btw not sure what planet you've been on but Ward made some serious cash in his career too. After that Roc Nation deal he likely pulled north of $30M in his career. Not too much to be jealous of there lol You're reaching.
          I took it from the Cliff Rold article Butch. Guess he has more insight than you and me. Yep Ward made money but he never was a huge star - he was a hard core fan's idol but he never went mainstream - and he really should have done after super six but he messed it up with long layoffs and boring style - or at least a style that doesn't appeal to casuals

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            That's your perspective. Golovkin was a machine between the ages of 26-34 and HBO saw the potential. You can't make a star out of someone who doesn't have star material. Yes he fought less than stellar opposition - you gonna argue he wasn't avoided? But to create the myth and hype he had to do something spectacular - who else has a 23 KO's in a row record? Even against c/B level opponents - who many by the way were ex belt holders or belt challengers.

That is a real twist you put on it 'bout HBO not wanting Ward andGolovkin at 168. Farcical mis-guided perspective. GGG wasn't going to 168 when his team could see a Canelo fight down the line.

The truth is that 168 had no big stars, nobody for Ward to fight and HBO wasn't goona get behind his boring a55 style in non-descript fights. "Go make a noise at 175 and challenge yourself and then we'll get behind you" is what that was all about. Fair play to Ward. He moved up and slayed the Kov monster - in his own mind and fan's minds anyway.
            "ggg wasnt going to 168 when his team could see a canelo fight down the line"

cept the guy put his name on paper to fight chavez and was pursuing a fight with froch

loeffler said many times that if a big fight materialized at 168 they would do a one off and come right back......the problem is they didnt fancy their chances against ward....plain and simple/bottom line

hbo paid golovkin to knock out a guy that was beaten by marcos primera and jesse brinkley

Comment

Deep in their hearts GGG fans know this to be true

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                Said by a gold medalist. GGG was backed up for most of the fight. I don’t know how people saw GGG win, and Im GGG fan. Did people see GGG face at the end the fight.
                So what?

Crawford said he thought Golovkin won.

Lennox Lewis thought Golovkin won.

Doesn't make anyone right. There's tons of disconnect, but none of them are saying dumb **** like, "he broke ____" besides Ward. Ward is clearly acting biased in this scenario.

Comment

Yep, even the former p4p king knows what’s up

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    I took it from the Cliff Rold article Butch. Guess he has more insight than you and me. Yep Ward made money but he never was a huge star - he was a hard core fan's idol but he never went mainstream - and he really should have done after super six but he messed it up with long layoffs and boring style - or at least a style that doesn't appeal to casuals
                    I don't care where it came from. Simple math shows that the information is wrong. Unless GGG has some endorsements deals for each fight that are north of $10M lol (which isn't really a thing in boxing).

Also, Ward very similar amounts in PPVs as GGG when he wasn't on a card with Canelo. So I would say he wasn't that much more popular than Ward prior to fighting the new golden child. Let's not act like he'd do big numbers without Alvarez.

Comment

Give us a break, Andre. Canelo tested GGG and deserved the decision that he got, but nobody was broken. GGG was breathing hard and had to dig deep like the champion he is, but he was in no way beaten down or broken. Andre is just a salty, jealous ass who simply wants to discredit a guy who many felt might have taken his 0 if they'd fought years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X