No announcement yet.

SMH @ Yank politics.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    Everything was good except I had to laugh at the Middle East and Africa leads the way in democracy....

You mean are leading the way in attempted democracy...
    You are missing the point slightly my friend. The point is that they lead the way and not the US.

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
      all due respect to your thread but that left hook has me mesmerized.
      Very possibly the best hook ever!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        You are missing the point slightly my friend. The point is that they lead the way and not the US.
        We dont know that they're leading the to success or failure though. To lead the world in pushing towards what could be failure isnt a knock on the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
          We dont know that they're leading the to success or failure though. To lead the world in pushing towards what could be failure isnt a knock on the U.S.
          You dont think so? The US is invisible as the politicians spend all their energy with petty domesticalities. Yuck.

Comment

Good thing the rest of the world is taking advantage of America's weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              You dont think so? The US is invisible as the politicians spend all their energy with petty domesticalities. Yuck.
              I was just stating that being in the lead is only a good thing if you know where you're going. Im not optimistic about Democracys chances in the Middle East or Africa, but Im wishing for the best. Im glad the U.S invisible right now, nothing to be proud enough of to show off anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                I was just stating that being in the lead is only a good thing if you know where you're going. Im not optimistic about Democracys chances in the Middle East or Africa, but Im wishing for the best. Im glad the U.S invisible right now, nothing to be proud enough of to show off anyway.
                Of course the situation is somewhat inconclusive. What will happen? Who knows. All of us in the free world hopes for democracy and I think that is the likely (but by no means certain) outcome.

Historically you should be proud of what the US has done. The rebuilding of Europe (the Marshall plan etc) was a masterstroke.

Comment

Working...
                X