Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many good Fat Yank fighters are there currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duke McKenzie_ View Post
    Dawson - decent fighter, agreed
    Bradley - he seems good too
    Peterson x2 - haven't seen these guys I have to concede
    Williams - he's okay, but VERY overrated on here
    Mosley - Yeah, good fighter
    Campbell - I like Nate
    Pavlik - I like Moby, but he's very one-dimensional and I wasn't surprised that Hopkins beat him
    Taylor - I like Taylor but his stamina is awful
    Hopkins - Can be really good, but not a crowd pleaser, certainly
    Arreola - The Nipple's a sack of **** that will get KO'd against the first top ten guy he fights IMO
    Cunningham - Haven't seen him
    Cloud - Impressive, at least at the level
    Banks - Don't think I've seen him
    Holt - Good from what I've seen
    Berto - I used to have a lot of time for Berto, but he seems to have hit his ceiling and is just contender level now. His chin is also a worry.
    Fair enough. But wouldn't you rank Dawson as elite since he has beaten Adamesk Harding Tarver and Johnson all that remains is Hopkins Dianocu

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar May Floyd View Post
      Fair enough. But wouldn't you rank Dawson as elite since he has beaten Adamesk Harding Tarver and Johnson all that remains is Hopkins Dianocu
      Yeah I would have liked to have seen him against Calzaghe and Hopkins. I can't really say he's "elite" as I don't regard his opponents listed (at their ages) as being "elite" fighters any more (and Johnson gave him a rough night), but he's no doubt a solid fighter. If Hopkins retires next then the division will be full of B-level fighters, meaning I can only rank him as the best of B level. There doesn't seem to be that much of a test in LHW right now IMO.

Comment

Dawson
        Bradley
        Peterson x2
        Williams
        Mosley
        Campbell
        Pavlik
        Taylor
        Hopkins
        Arreola
        Cunningham
        Cloud
        Banks
        Holt
        Dirrell
        Andre
        Kirkland
        Ward
        Forrest
        Berto
        A lot of blacks on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Ron View Post
          A lot of blacks on that list.
          I was going to include Mexican-American but Mexicans claim them

Comment

Dawson
            Bradley
            Peterson x2
            Williams
            Mosley
            Campbell
            Pavlik
            Taylor
            Hopkins
            Arreola
            Cunningham
            Cloud
            Banks
            Holt
            Dirrell
            Andre
            Kirkland
            Ward
            Forrest
            Berto
            old legends aside, that's a very mediocre line-up for such a large country with the history of boxing it has

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              old legends aside, that's a very mediocre line-up for such a large country with the history of boxing it has
              The size of a country is not a determining factor in producing great fighters.

Look at Mexico and Puerto Rico for examples.

Eventually you can't always produce, legends

Comment

Originally posted by ALT=_=Assassin View Post
                The size of a country is not a determining factor in producing great fighters.

Look at Mexico and Puerto Rico for examples.

Eventually you can't always produce, legends
                the country's interest in boxing is obviously a large factor, as is the standard of living, but size is of course relevent to the amount of good boxers produced, it's odds and probabilities

maybe USA's just experiencing a little bust after the 90's where you had a good crop of fighters, but it's definitely underachieving right now

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                  the country's interest in boxing is obviously a large factor, as is the standard of living, but size is of course relevent to the amount of good boxers produced, it's odds and probabilities

maybe USA's just experiencing a little bust after the 90's where you had a good crop of fighters, but it's definitely underachieving right now
                  Interest is not always determined by the size of a country or the population.
                  Standard of living is a big factor tho. You are right about that. There are still plenty of poor people in the US and thanks to this recession/depression we may have some great boxers like in the days of The Great Depression.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT=_=Assassin View Post
                    Interest is not always determined by the size of a country or the population.
                    Standard of living is a big factor tho. You are right about that. There are still plenty of poor people in the US and thanks to this recession/depression we may have some great boxers like in the days of The Great Depression.
                    Take Ricky Hatton out of your avatar. You ain't no Brit.

Comment

Nice attention whoring thread....

Comment

Working...
                      X