Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Fury won that fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder is my guy. I like him. But yes, Tyson Fury won fair and square.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure a guy with Conor McGregor plastered all over his boxingscene profile "knows boxing"

Lmaoo

Comment

Anyone who thinks otherwise should be put in a mental asylum.

Comment

I thought Fury won, but the clowning almost cost him.

Comment

Fury has beat Klitschko in Germany and Wilder in America.

#1 Fury, #2 AJ , #3 ok start the countdown

Comment

All 3 judges gave Wilder the 1st, 9th, and 12th rounds. Rounds 2 and 4 could have gone either way. Those 5 rounds for Wilder make a 113-113 fight. That wasn't my card, I had Fury winning, but a draw is a good score so I cannot call this fight a robbery. The 1 card was terrible though, but even if that card would have just been 114-112 Wilder (A not crazy card) its still a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
                Wilder is my guy. I like him. But yes, Tyson Fury won fair and square.
                Respect mate

Comment

Anyone have a high quality version of the full fight with corner time as well? I wanna hear what Roach has to say. I woke up at 4 and watched the edited utube version. This thing was engineered to just generate more money, now there will be a trilogy between these two men probably. I predict a Fury victory moreso than before, because he will have more time with Roach, I'm assuming he'll do a 12 week camp or something. Remember, while he did get rocked a bit in this bout, his body is still 30 years old and not much damage taken. The first punch was a looping cross that he aimed down that nailed Fury, he had his head down, absolute worst place to get nailed is on the brain stem like he did. He voluntarily went down, but the other KD where Wilder landed the left hook afterwards was legitimately had Fury out for a bit, then he recovered from it. Those types of shots, man, you don't wanna get hit by that.

Comment

Actually people that know boxing know there is usually a 10 count when a fighter is knocked down. If they can't make it up it is ruled a ko.

What other fights have had a clause banning one fighter from winning via ko? To have a clause to treat a knockdown like a lowblow, where the ref gives the injured fighter up to five minutes to recover, is not normal. Also, scoring is done by rounds. Fury would have need to win 8 rounds to win a decision. Anyone who knows anything about boxing, knows he didn't do that. But I get it, when reality is too hard to deal with, just ignore it. Fury spent half the last round recovering from the knockdown. Of course, we should act like that never happened. I like to watch a clip of Fury highlights and pretend that was the entire fight too. Too bad judges, actually score by rounds, and watch the whole fight and not just highlights for only one fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                      Anyone have a high quality version of the full fight with corner time as well? I wanna hear what Roach has to say. I woke up at 4 and watched the edited utube version. This thing was engineered to just generate more money, now there will be a trilogy between these two men probably. I predict a Fury victory moreso than before, because he will have more time with Roach, I'm assuming he'll do a 12 week camp or something. Remember, while he did get rocked a bit in this bout, his body is still 30 years old and not much damage taken. The first punch was a looping cross that he aimed down that nailed Fury, he had his head down, absolute worst place to get nailed is on the brain stem like he did. He voluntarily went down, but the other KD where Wilder landed the left hook afterwards was legitimately had Fury out for a bit, then he recovered from it. Those types of shots, man, you don't wanna get hit by that.
                      Fury has two things going against him. First, it will be tough to gain exemption from ped testing until a month before the fight again. It will be even more difficult to have a contract allowing him unlimited time to recover from a knockdown again.

Who knows though.

Comment

Working...
                      X