Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather who destroyed Gatti vs current Terrance Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that actually make no sense because Mayweather looked like that against Gatti because of Gatti's style and his own style. The Mayweather who fought Gatti now fighting Crawford would not look like the Mayweather who fought Gatti. He may look like the Mayweather who fought Corley or Judah or Mosley, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      floyd who looked great vs a human punch bag....ok and how bad did floyd look vs corley getting rocked and hit cleanly over and over? please show me when floyd fought someone like crawford.....crickets. crawford has fought "slick" guys and fast guys many times. he also has the southpaw stance that floyd has trouble avoiding. hes also bigger and has more power. floyd would never take the fight so we will never know
      money team would be working overtime to avoid that guy...

probably try to make him give blood in between rounds...when he turns it down, dunn can say he refused to fight

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
        I might point out that you're an idiot for making a stupid statement on a public forum - but I'm not making threats of physical violence knowing there is a 2% chance of meeting up with an online stranger. That's some silly ****.
        Nobody was threating you. There's a difference between "would" and "will". If you come with disrespect, that's what you get back. "Stupid" is when you think that Floyd would be as good against Crawford as he was against Gatti. No point in bringing up that version of Floyd simply because Crawford ain't no Gatti, he's not a face first brawler.

Saying that he would do slightly better against Floyd than Gatti is just disrespectful to Crawford's skills

What I do know is Floyd was extremely sharp and alert - also demonstrating exceptional ring IQ, footwork, timing accuracy, level of focus and executed a near perfect game plan - against Gatti - all things Crawford doesn't do on a consitent basis
        I'm not comparing Bud and Floyd here and not saying that Crawford > PBF

The way Crawford struggled against Gamboa - I wouldn't be so sure he dominates Gatti - probably wins a split - maybe a TKO but no boxing lesson.

Can you watch the entire Crawford vs Gamboa fight and still say that - just watch the 1st round even. Then come back.
        Man, really? That undefeated version of Gamboa > war torn Gatti

Gamboa was naturally faster and lighter than Crawford, and solid amateur background too, nobody is arguing that Gamboa has a lot of mistakes in his game and he relies on his athleticism too much, he was a solid fighter back then. Crawford had to adapt to Gamboa's style, he's a slow starter.

Just like Floyd had to adjust to Zab Judah in the first round - that what happens when you face fighters as fast as you or with a speed advantage - you have to take some time to find the distance and timing.

Crawford wasn't as dominant against Gamboa as Floyd was against Judah because there's bigger talent gap between Floyd and Zab.

And I'm the first NSB poster who saying that Crawford's resume isn't all that and overrated. His best wins are chinny small Gamboa and food store security guard Postol with no amateur experience. And some Crawford fans talking **** about me all the time here. But I have to be real - that undefeated and fast Gamboa isn't war torn no hoper brawler Gatti. Just read the old NSB threads before that fight happened to see what fans were thinking about that fight at that period of time, nobody was giving Gatti a chance. Gatti should be compared with fighters of Provodnikov or Molina's caliber, not Gamboa. He was loved by the crowd back then, but let's not pretend that wasn't a mismatch in terms of skills. Everybody knew that Gatti is going to get murdered

Because we are specifically speaking about 140 Floyd who fought Gatti. Why can't you get that through your thick skull.
        Because Gatti isn't on the same level as Crawford in terms of skills. Crawford ain't no ****ing Gatti - why can't you get that through your skull too? I'm getting tired of repeating the same **** all the time. And you're basically saying that Crawford wouldn't be able to last few more rounds against Floyd than Gatti. Don't you understand that Floyd wouldn't be able to look that good against Crawford? And I'm not the only person who told you that in this thread, because it's ridiculous

And I criticize Crawford's resume often here, but I have to defend him on this one

Again Floyd @140 - why bring up welterweights? Even so yeah - Judah would perform better than Crawford because of his hand speed. Crawford is not nearly as fast as Judah. Correct me if I'm wrong.
        Judah wish he had the same mentality as Crawford. Gamboa was naturally faster than Crawford too. Crawford is a better disciplined and more skilled fighter with a better arsenal and variety of punches, he's deadly in both stances too. So what if Judah has better hand speed, it's not the only thing that matters. Ask Gary Russell. Or Amir Khan

Look how people rewrite history. Yes Floyd was the favorite how ever Gatti was a proven brawler who had a size advantage. (not that pact@rds will give Floyd credit)
        I don't even know why you bring up *******s here, Pacquiao got nothing to do with this thread, Crawford or Gatti. If you imply that I'm one of these *******s, tell you what - Floyd is one of my favorite fighters of all time and he's a better boxer than Pacquiao in my opinion. I call a spade a spade. If you want to know how fans were feeling about this fight, check the old threads on NSB. 95% of fans were saying it's a mismatch. Gatti was a no hoper. It was a big fight only because Gatti was loved by the crowd back then, but everybody knew what was supposed to happen. Only few fans were giving Gatti "a slugger's chance"

http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...ather-jr--1427

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7167

Floyd gets blasted for domintating fighters better than postol . R u serious?
        Floyd isn't getting blasted, stop being delusional, damn. Show me where I blast Floyd for anything? The point is every fighter can get hit clean, even against horrible opposition, but you just can't take these episodes out of the context like that, you have to look at the whole fight and Crawford dominated the **** out of Postol

Nobody is disrespecting Floyd. But when you imply that Floyd would be able to do the same **** to Crawford that he was doing to Gatti....That's just straight disrespectful to Bud.

Look at this message

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Well that actually make no sense because Mayweather looked like that against Gatti because of Gatti's style and his own style. The Mayweather who fought Gatti now fighting Crawford would not look like the Mayweather who fought Gatti. He may look like the Mayweather who fought Corley or Judah or Mosley, who knows.
        /\ /\ /\
        That's exactly what I'm keep telling you. And you still don't get it
        Last edited by g27region; 06-14-2017, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
          No point in bringing up that version of Floyd simply because Crawford ain't no Gatti, he's not a face first brawler.
          Thread title........

Floyd Mayweather who destroyed GATTI vs current Crawford

I can't make this up. Some posters are legit ******ed.

If you don't like the parameters why post in in thread?

And for the last time, I was referencing Floyd's own abilities and skillset at that stage in his career (vs Gatti) vs. Crawford abilities and skillset. Because I read the thread title.

Don't know why you insist on talking about Floyd @ 147 5 years later. SMH.

****ing idiot.

Only reason why I brought up Gamboa and Postol is to counter your stupidity, which dragged me into a whole other stupid debate with more stupidity.

Once again for you.

Floyd Mayweather who destroyed GATTI vs current Crawford

"Gatti" Floyd stops bud in 8 @140lbs.

"Canelo" Floyd crusies to a UD @ 152lbs.

You see how that works?

Comment

No one beats that Floyd at 140. No one.

Comment

Working...
            X