Mayweather says his wrestling is a 7 outta 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather says his wrestling is a 7 outta 10

LOL anyone buying this bs?

He did more reasonably say he needs 6-8 months to prepare for this alleged MMA fight. Granted 6-8 months isn't really enough time, but its more reasonable then I expected from him & its certainly more reasonable then 7 outta 10.

Also if anyone believes he's a 7/10 wrestler already what makes you think that could be the case? Did I miss hearing about Floyd winning Michigan Golden Glove titles AND Michigan State Wrestling titles?

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    LOL anyone buying this bs?

He did more reasonably say he needs 6-8 months to prepare for this alleged MMA fight. Granted 6-8 months isn't really enough time, but its more reasonable then I expected from him & its certainly more reasonable then 7 outta 10.

Also if anyone believes he's a 7/10 wrestler already what makes you think that could be the case? Did I miss hearing about Floyd winning Michigan Golden Glove titles AND Michigan State Wrestling titles?
    Floyd has always been good at tying up his opponents and moving them into spots where he can fire his shots and not get hit back, Floyd can be very rough on the inside and he can certainly use his forarms, shoulders and elbows to create distance, deflect punches and to hide his punches behind, at that he was one of the best boxing has ever seen.

Wrestling on the ground however and trying to get someone on the floor and then of course all the ground fighting/ grappling is a whole different story and you can't learn that at 41 years old in some months, not even years. It's a completely different dynamic. And of course if he wants to do MMA then he'll have to deal with submission moves, jiu jistu and kicks as well, which will take him years to be good enough at to compete, these are pretty complicated forms of martial arts that you don't learn overnight and you don't discover talents at that age either.

That's why MMA fighters or kick boxers joining boxinng is a lot more realistic and yields better results that boxers joining these multifaceted martial arts.

Comment

He also said his kicking is a 4

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        He also said his kicking is a 4
        LOOOOOOL.

Oh sh^t. I missed that part & thats even funnier. Holy f#ck man. This stuff just might be jumping the shark if you didn't think Floyd vs Conor in the ring didn't do that already mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
          Floyd has always been good at tying up his opponents and moving them into spots where he can fire his shots and not get hit back, Floyd can be very rough on the inside and he can certainly use his forarms, shoulders and elbows to create distance, deflect punches and to hide his punches behind, at that he was one of the best boxing has ever seen.

Wrestling on the ground however and trying to get someone on the floor and then of course all the ground fighting/ grappling is a whole different story and you can't learn that at 41 years old in some months, not even years. It's a completely different dynamic. And of course if he wants to do MMA then he'll have to deal with submission moves, jiu jistu and kicks as well, which will take him years to be good enough at to compete, these are pretty complicated forms of martial arts that you don't learn overnight and you don't discover talents at that age either.

That's why MMA fighters or kick boxers joining boxinng is a lot more realistic and yields better results that boxers joining these multifaceted martial arts.
          Yea agree with you pretty much up & down here. I think minus hand issues with thos 4oz MMA gloves Floyd doing a more dirty boxing style of MMA standup is looking nice in there with some of the tactics he's used in the ring. I mean he could even let off the break on those tactics in MMA.

But the ground dynamic of a MMA fight is gonna be some turtle on their back sh^t for the average boxer who's whole career has been focused on avoiding the ground at all costs in the ring, but even in street fights they had as a kid probably.

Comment

Floyd/CM Punk and Floyd/Conor 2 in the Octagon. 2 fights $500 mil total.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Floyd/CM Punk and Floyd/Conor 2 in the Octagon. 2 fights $500 mil total.
              Why do people keep throwing that out there?

If Floyd legit makes a move in MMA its likely to be at 155. CM Punk is a 170lb guy (& I think he gots to work at getting there cuz he was 200 in pro wrestling so dropped 30+lbs already to compete in the UFC). That fight probably has less chance of happening than Floyd vs Conor II in the cage.

Comment

I know. If you are CM punk you will starve yourself to make whatever CW they put out there for the kind of money he'd make.

Comment

I believe his kicking is a 4 more than his wrestling is a 7. But he doesn't need to get his wrestling to a 7 for one bout only his takedown defense. Forget about a warmup bout, theres a reason we never saw McGregor vs Malignaggi. So Conor wouldn't lose before he lost or before we clicked it on the remote.
                  Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 03-15-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Practicing with Leonard.

Comment

Working...
                    X