• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes love and enjoy watching him.

Comment

No. I did not

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
        Not according to Eubank or Roy Jones, both said Joe was a hard puncher. He had well publicised hand trouble, but still punched alot harder than a man who never even knocked out a real welterweight. A man who Oscar Delahoya said punched like bee stings.
        Righttttttt.

So you genuinely believe that P4P Joe Calzaghe hits harder than Manny Pacquaio?

Comment

He was exciting to watch imo. I thought his very best fight was actually versus Mikkel Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            His style was comical. Pity pat shoe shining his way to tko's like the Manfredo fight . The guy ducked all good competition until they got old which is why I'm no fan of his. I only rooted for him against racist Hopkins.
            But you are a fan of a guy who plays jab jab move move jab jab. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              No I am going by the literal definition of what being ranked #1 means which is being #1 on a rankings list.

You have this backwards idea that because he was the bookies favourite that he was ranked #1 in the division when the reason he was the favourite could be a number of reasons it doesn't magically move his ranking to #1.

He was not ranked #1 by any list. Not a single one. That's a fact and will never change. To say he was consensus #1 is a lie. To say he was ranked #1 at all is a lie.

No, "the man" is a common term used to describe the Lineal Champion and has been for a long time. "The man who beat the man". You saying Lacy was "the man" implies he was the Lineal Champion which he wasn't.

Not Lineal Champion, not #1 in the divison. These are literally facts.
              Nope, I never said he was the ring magazine number one on paper, I said he was the considered the man in the division, the best man. I didn't mention Lineal, or the man who beat the man. We never had a unified man at 168,so Lineal would really depend on the belt. Calzaghe couldn't be "the man" even in your sense of the world, because he was WBO champ, a more recent title.But as I say Lacy was considered the best fighter in the division by consensus, and he was since he was massively favoured by experts fans and bookies to beat Calzaghe, who you say was number one on paper.He was still considered by consensus as the number one in the division, which is what I said. The man, being the man to beat and the best man. As you saw, when Calzaghe beat him he became the consensus number one, was awarded the then vacant ring belt too. The man who beat the man, still not Calzaghe, whatever way you look at it. George Foreman 95,the Lineal Champion, no one considered him number one in the division, or the man. Simple really.
              Last edited by Mindgames; 03-18-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Righttttttt.

So you genuinely believe that P4P Joe Calzaghe hits harder than Manny Pacquaio?
                You said Manny punched "far harder" than Calzaghe. But think about it, at welter he only knocked out Hatton, who Floyd had knocked out. Nobody considers Floyd a puncher. Who else did Manny knock out at Welter? Any welterweights? Nope, so while Calzaghe wasn't a one punch man, a man who dropped Eubank twice, and battered lots of decent fighters, a man no one walked through, I don't think Manny hit "far harder". But show me some proof and I'm open minded.

Comment

Nope, I never said he was the ring magazine number one on paper, I said he was the considered the man in the division, the best man. I didn't mention Lineal, or the man who beat the man. We never had a unified man at 168,so Lineal would really depend on the belt. Calzaghe couldn't be "the man" even in your sense of the world, because he was WBO champ, a more recent title.But as I say Lacy was considered the best fighter in the division by consensus, and he was since he was massively favoured by experts fans and bookies to beat Calzaghe, who you say was number one on paper.He was still considered by consensus as the number one in the division, which is what I said. The man, being the man to beat and the best man. As you saw, when Calzaghe beat him he became the consensus number one, was awarded the then vacant ring belt too. The man who beat the man, still not Calzaghe, whatever way you look at it. George Foreman 95,the Lineal Champion, no one considered him number one in the division, or the man. Simple really.
                  How can he be the consensus #1 if NO list had him as #1? You understand that that isn't possible right? Show me any list that had Lacy ranked #1 at SMW in 2006. It doesn't exist.

No Lacy was not "massively favoured by the bookies" yet another lie. He was the slight favourite with the bookies.

Why not just stick to the truth instead of making things up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
                    yea against tomato cans
                    All that does is identify how misleading KO Ratio's can be.

Anyone with a functioning brain knows Pacquaio's hits WAY harder than Calzaghe.
                    That’s irrelevant.

‘TheBoxingfan’ claimed Calzaghe was always winning boring 12 round decisions. A 70% KO ratio says that is wrong, hence the post was a load of shît by someone who probably watched less than 5 of Calzaghes fights.

If you’re gonna comment on something, at least make sure you’re not talking shîte first.

Comment

You said Manny punched "far harder" than Calzaghe. But think about it, at welter he only knocked out Hatton, who Floyd had knocked out. Nobody considers Floyd a puncher. Who else did Manny knock out at Welter? Any welterweights? Nope, so while Calzaghe wasn't a one punch man, a man who dropped Eubank twice, and battered lots of decent fighters, a man no one walked through, I don't think Manny hit "far harder". But show me some proof and I'm open minded.
                      Right probably because Welterweight is 9 divisions higher than where Pacquaio started his career.

To even compare the two in the category of punching power is asinine. All it takes is a functioning eye to see which of the two has the harder punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X