Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree that bears are the greatest animals walking on this planet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    LOL. Elephants are smarter I am pretty sure. I think a Bear has quick twitch but not a lot of stamina. Elephants walk a lot, I mean miles so I think he could tire out a bear in a 72 round fight.
    Bears have cardio FOR DAYS. They can RUN at top speed for miles. Polar bears can also swim crazy distances.

Bears have pound for pound the best cardio on the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ubM9ZTcLsE

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      It would be like George Foreman fighting Mayweather if he fought a bear.

African elephants are huge. Much bigger than Asian ones.
      Why do you pressure bears to move up several weight classes?

Comment

Uhh, its obviously the red panda. They do pullups.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
          Bears are without a doubt the most "athletic" creatures on earth.
          No.....Felines and Canines are the most athletic land carnivores.....They are more agile, can turn more effectively when running/maneuvering, can react quicker etc etc etc....

Furthermore, they can run like this for miles while many other fast and explosive animals like cheetahs get tired quickly and can't maintain their top speed for long.
          Not accurate whatsoever.

Bears have moderately better stamina than Felines on average (through there are exceptions like Polar Bears which has worse stamina than Cats)....

But they are not built for stamina....Nor was the evolutionary need for stamina particularly high or great for Bears....Bears are large brained generalists that evolved to exploit a variety of food sources at a variety of different time....

They didn't evolve to chase down prey over long drawn out distances and gradually wear prey into exhaustion....like Canines and Hyenas do....

Basically the bears probably have pound for pound the best cardio on the planet.
          Nope...They have moderate stamina and nowhere near the level of stamina of Canines/Hyenas and other long distance cursorial predators..

They are also very intelligent and open minded. They eat pretty much everything.
          Finally some accurate information..

Bears are one of the most intelligent animals on the planet. They evolved to be generalists who can exhibit a variety of different food sources (Vegetarian or Carnivorous) during different times of the year....So they evolved to have large and detailed brains with great memory and planning abilities (for an animal).

Very strong jaws, one of the strongest bites among animals.
          Depends on the species of Bear.

The Sun Bear and the Giant Panda have extremely high Bite forces on a lb for lb basis...

Black Bears and Sloth Bears have low Bite Forces on a lb for lb basis.

Brown Bears, Spectacled Bears are in the middle...

Generally speaking through:

Cats/Dogs>Bears when it comes to lb for lb bite force.

Can wreck anything with their claws,
          If you are talking about mythical "Paw Swipe" KO's than Grizzly Bears are supposed to perform....That is utter nonsense.

No animal kills with "Paw Swipes." That is utter bull ****.....Cats/Bears swipe each other and other animals mainly for defensive purposes or to use them to grapple to set up other attacks (like when Cats use there forelimbs to grapple an animal down and then go for the throat)...No land Mammal uses paw swipes as any sort of "Killing" or even a heavily "Bludgeoning" weapon...That is a myth..

I never understood why fighters like to nickname themselves "tigers" and "lions" when bears are much more capable animals. For me, the bear was always the ultimate animal, the real king among animals.
          At equal weights I would favor both Lions and Tigers in a fight over Brown Bears in most instances (through it could probably go either way and would depend on the individual Lion/Tiger/Bear in question)....

Not to mention Bears are not particularly aggressive creatures (exceptions being the Sloth Bear and a few others) so I don't see a 500lb Bear initiating the confrontation in the majority of circumstances with a 500lb Male Lion or Tiger...I think all 3 would probably mutually avoid each other or if anything the Lion/Tiger would be the aggressor in more instances....not the Bear

Now a 650+ Bear is a different story...Since larger Carnivores usually dominate smaller Carnivores...Once a Bear starts getting 600+lbs and more it should be favored to beat any Lion or Tiger in a fight.....Simply because it is now the larger animal...

But at equal weights Felines>Bears on average...
          Last edited by animalfan10; 01-31-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah. While there are animals out there who might beat them in a one on one confrontation it's only because of their size like elephants or maybe hippos (in the water). Though I doubt the latter would be able to beat a bear on land, the bear is just too slick and too technical and has cardio for days. Hippo would only have a biter's chance.
            Bears are (generally speaking) miserable predators of large game...The also have poor killer instinct (which makes sense since most Bears in most areas eat more plants/berries/roots than meat) and seem to just randomly bite general body parts (when they occasionally hunt other animals) without any real game plan or instinct to go for vital areas (throat, Neck, Skull etc)

Even through Hippos are extremely ill designed for being on land for extended periods of time...I can't see any Bear successfully predating on one...

Yeah. While there are animals out there who might beat them in a one on one confrontation it's only because of their size
            Lol as if that isn't the only reason why Bears are usually able to beat most other Carnivores...

Bears are generally larger than most other Carnivores they coexist with...Of course exceptions exist (some large Feline species such as Lions/Tigers are larger than some Bear species such as Sun Bears, Black Bears, and Sloth Bears)....

But the general trend is that Bears will generally have a size advantage over other Carnivores they co-exist with....Which makes it an "Unfair" fight just like how a Elephant or Rhino would have against a Bear...

I guess it really boils down to opinion...But I just see Big Cats as more impressive creatures/fighters than Bears are on a lb for lb basis...
            Last edited by animalfan10; 01-31-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

gorillas would smash on bears if they had an all out war, then again I think Lions would fack em all up

Comment

I have seen when Bears attack and you wouldnt want to get near a bear when they have their cubs around. Especially the big black mufa f.....rs.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                  gorillas would smash on bears if they had an all out war, then again I think Lions would fack em all up
                  hellz nah!!! gorilla's just use their fist when their fighting LOL. they have sharp teeth but they dont even use that as a weapon. if they know that they can do major damage by using their teeth then i would go with the gorilla but until then, the bear will **** a gorilla up.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post

It depends on the Bear and the size of the Bear

Obviously a 1000lb+ Bear (which is a rare size for any Bear not named a Polar Bear or Coastal Brown Bear) would win against a 450lb Lion the vast majority of times....A Lion could probably win 1 or 2 times out of 10 if lucky, but the size difference would be way to much in most instances....

Just as a 300lb Black Bear could probably win 1 or 2 times out of 10 against a 500lb Lion/Tiger...The Bear could get lucky and win once or twice, but normally the size difference would be way to much.

Most Brown Bears subspecies and all Polar Bears at adulthood will be larger than a Lion is.....Interior American Grizzly Bears average 450lb-600lbs (not that much larger than a Lion or Tiger) and Coastal Brown Bears average 750-1200lbs (Much larger than any Lion or Tiger)....

But on a lb for lb basis I think Tigers, Lions, Jaguars are going to be hard to beat....

Comment

Tip: Go for the snout!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbur...bear-1.3663954

Apparently Bears DKSAB!

Comment

Working...
                      X