Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If fighters didnt lose weight and fought at there fight night weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??? they do fight at their fight night weights man...

Comment

My view is changing to weighing in 30 hours before the fight instead of weighing in 6 or 8 hours before the fight was one of boxing's worst ever ideas. There were very few problems with the old rules. Welterweights came into the ring as welterweights or close to it in the same day weigh in days. They only had enough time to put on a few pounds after the weigh in. Now you have some welterweights entering the ring weighing as much as 165 pounds. Problems that didn't exist or were rare are common now. Some fans call boxers like Canelo, Crawford and others weight bullies because they put on so much weight between the weigh in and the fight. They are doing nothing wrong and following the rules. The system is what's wrong.

Comment

Every fighter is different and it's hard to really say what the outcomes of their fights would be, but I would think if fighters stayed close to their fight weight they'd do a lot better.
        They'd have more training camp to actually practice their craft instead of losing weight.
        Plus 4 of the best fighters of this era Marquez, Floyd, Hopkins and Pacquiao all always stayed close to their fight weight and we see how well they did.

Comment

Would love to see same day weigh ins. Some of these fighters win not because ty are better boxers, but because they have mastered cutting weight and rehydrating 20 lbs without losing performance. Boxing matches should be between equal sized guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
            Every fighter is different and it's hard to really say what the outcomes of their fights would be, but I would think if fighters stayed close to their fight weight they'd do a lot better.
            They'd have more training camp to actually practice their craft instead of losing weight.
            Plus 4 of the best fighters of this era Marquez, Floyd, Hopkins and Pacquiao all always stayed close to their fight weight and we see how well they did.
            They were in the 140s fight night when fighting at 130, how is that close?

Comment

What would change except for everyone moving up a division or 2 ?

The rules are the same for every fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                My view is changing to weighing in 30 hours before the fight instead of weighing in 6 or 8 hours before the fight was one of boxing's worst ever ideas. There were very few problems with the old rules. Welterweights came into the ring as welterweights or close to it in the same day weigh in days. They only had enough time to put on a few pounds after the weigh in. Now you have some welterweights entering the ring weighing as much as 165 pounds. Problems that didn't exist or were rare are common now. Some fans call boxers like Canelo, Crawford and others weight bullies because they put on so much weight between the weigh in and the fight. They are doing nothing wrong and following the rules. The system is what's wrong.
                Yes, apart from boxers dying and suffering permanent brain damage due to fighting dehydrated, it was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  You would know if you actually researched it....& didn't he take the test before the iv multiple times?
                  You tell me to research it and then ask me when he took the tests?

Comment

I'd love to see fighters be assigned a healthy weight range to fight at when given a boxing license so everyone would be fighting at their walking around weight. Honestly I got no clue how that would impact performance, but I feel like it'd increase safety as I believe dehydration plays a role in many serious injuries & deaths in the ring. And beyond that I just think cutting weight has created a sport wihin the sport that makes skill less important in fights potentially as guys who are losing bigger amounts of weights to gain more of a power & ability to take punishment in theory with their bigger size.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      Fighters train at their fight night weight or very close to it, that's the correct way, then they dry out to make weight and rehydrate back to their training weight which is fight night weight.

Where you have big trouble is like Oscar who thought he must train at a much lower weight so he could make the 147, he fcked up big time and for the life of me why his so called experts advocated doing this is madness, if you have to make a lighter weight than normal you a far better of training at youre normal weight and drying out more than usual right at the end, instead of losing mass and being semi dehydrated all through training, Oscar only gained 2lb and Manny out weighed him on the night, it was the biggest weight blunder Ive ever seen, and these people have access to the best of everything, just crazy.

The guys you mentioned were still fighting at 142-146 fight night with a 135 weigh-in, all they changed as they went up divisions was they did not dry out like they did before.

Its all very simple when you understand the process yet in forums the notions about weight are way off as to what and how things really happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X