No announcement yet.

So what's Canelos boxing style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's Canelos boxing style?

Just saw a post someone made here saying Canelo tries to box like a brotha, and a slick boxer and instead of calling him a idiot I made this thread. First people started saying he's a brawler, then a flat-footed strong power puncher, then last night Max kellerman calls him a counter puncher with underrated defense. When Mosley came out he wasnt necessarily a boxer, his dad called him a power boxer. I call Canelos style a power counter puncher. But he can also lead if he has to, like he started doing after the 2nd round when he fell behind points last night. I don't even think fighters know what his style is cause they train to try to outbox him and with the exception of Floyd they all failed with that.

a boxer-puncher who's very good at counterpunching

slow ass feet and lack of ring cutting ability are his only weaknesses

he'll always struggle against movers but he can trash pretty much any come forward fighter below 160

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
      he'll always struggle against movers but he can trash pretty much any come forward fighter below 160
      Y? Cause he struggled against Floyd?

Comment

Boxer puncher...nice upperbody movement and damn good counter puncher....He is learning to cut the ring off better as well

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
          Thing is Floyd didnt even move that much with his legs..he used upperbody movement and stood in the pocket

Comment

and because he struggled against Trout, Lara and Cotto

only reason Cotto survived was because he transformed into a bycicle runner for that match alone, the few times he tried to stand and trade he was getting spanked

Comment

Struggled against Lara, Cotto moved on him a little bit and won some rounds, and khan won rounds yesterday. Its no secret he has slow ass feet and struggles with guys that can move around.

Comment

He does it all. Well rounded. He makes every shot count, in the end.

Comment

Just saw a post someone made here saying Canelo tries to box like a brotha, and a slick boxer and instead of calling him a idiot I made this thread. First people started saying he's a brawler, then a flat-footed strong power puncher, then last night Max kellerman calls him a counter puncher with underrated defense. When Mosley came out he wasnt necessarily a boxer, his dad called him a power boxer. I call Canelos style a power counter puncher. But he can also lead if he has to, like he started doing after the 2nd round when he fell behind points last night. I don't even think fighters know what his style is cause they train to try to outbox him and with the exception of Floyd they all failed with that.
                  I think you nailed it, a power counter puncher! He is pretty patient too.

I enjoyed watching Khan shine for a few rounds, but when I saw Khan's movement slowing, and the distance closing, I knew what was coming.
                  I expected it to be a left hook happy ending! I was wrong! Generations of Khan's progeny will feel that punch!

I had PAC flash backs! One face down, the other face up! PAC's scared me more! Why?? At least I could see Khan was breathing, and he didn't need smelling salts to wake up! I took a knee for both and prayed.
                  Last edited by Zaroku; 05-08-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

boxer puncher who relays heavy on counters, has great upper body movements but lacks footwork and ring generalship.

If I was his trainer I will focus heavy on footwork and ring generalship along with CUTTING OFF THE RING cause other than that he well schooled, he knows how to pick his shots and when to throw them.

Comment

Working...
                    X