Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the better vocalist Steven Tyler or Axl Rose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I play guitar. I don't see what that has to do with the topic at hand, though.

Slash's style > Perry's style, IMO. Much more emotion and depth to his stuff than Joe's stuff, IMO. And I don't mean technical depth, before you go there. Slash is pretty straightforward as far as techniques are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Yes, I play guitar. I don't see what that has to do with the topic at hand, though.

Slash's style > Perry's style, IMO. Much more emotion and depth to his stuff than Joe's stuff, IMO. And I don't mean technical depth, before you go there. Slash is pretty straightforward as far as techniques are concerned.
      Yes you're right. Just wanna ask no knock.

One thing that Slash has over Perry is that "general feel" or emotion on those strings especially on the solos. That's what also separated him from his counterparts (ie; Vitto Bratta of White Lion, Campbell Def Leppard).

But looks like you got them mixed up, coz as far as playing goes, it's Perry who's the more conservative and kinda "less is more" style. Slash is the more technically but sometimes overkill style, this is very very visible on all albums of GnR where they put a premium on Slash's two minute solos, it's not bad coz they're awesome but you have to admit they're kinda long. He improved it over the years and by that's he's considered among the GOATS.

Slash didn't had the uniqueness and originality Perry had in his early days, and how he applied it to music is prolly what Slash liked onto Perry's style.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a 2 minute solo when it's played by one of the better blues based musicians of the last 50 years. Slash's GNR stuff is timeless.

Don't get me wrong, though. I DO like Joe Perry. I'm just more partial to Slash for personal and professional reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
          Are you pitting Slash against Perry? Do you sir play guitar yourself?

Anyways it don't matter.

I remember a story way back when Joe Perry was is shamoos and wasn't in the right state of mind and sold his beautiful '58 Les Paul, then after a while he wanted the guitar back, and was surprised seeing Slash playing at a gig with the same guitar he sought to get back.

He offered to buy it back, but dang Slash (who was a big fan of Perry and consider one of his idols) said he can't sell it coz he liked the tone. Perry was bummed but he understood.

On his 50th birthday, Joe was playing with Cheap Trick, and suddenly a dude went on stage and gave the '58 LP from Slash as a present. Perry was near tears.
          Thanks for this story bro.

Comment

Rose. By far.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
              Thanks for this story bro.
              NP ser! Nice thread.

An original '58 Les Paul would prolly fetch 300-500 grand stock clean, especially this particular Les Paul which is well documented to be played by 2 rock icons so it could be worth more, so you could imagine Perry's amusement when Slash gave it to him, but I bet he won't sell it anyway.

Comment

Who the hell are those nobodies?
                Beyonce obviously

Comment

IS this a serious question ?

Tyler easily.

GNR were a better band though.

Jon Bon Jovi and Sebastian Bach **** on both though.
                  Last edited by Furn; 12-20-2016, 02:11 AM.

Comment

axel has a more rock voice.
                    tyler a more melodic voice that can rock.

Comment

Axl's vocal range is beyond ridiculous. He has the largest recorded vocal range in music.

His lowest note recorded is apparently the 2nd lowest octave in scientific pitch notation, one lower than Barry freaking White, and hit higher notes than every singer bar Mariah Carey, Aguilera and Prince.

Some may find Axl's vocals to be whiny, and a poll like this can only be opinion based, but i do prefer Axl over Tyler.

Comment

Working...
                      X