Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source says Mayweather/Cotto done for May 5th pending licensing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I don't think it will be over their heads at all. First of all I don't consider GBP a real promoter anyways. I think they need network backing but that's neither here nor there. But, Floyd has Haymon in his team. Who hasn't promoted fights but has promoted concerts. So he knows how to promote. The name Mayweather vs Cotto with their fan base can sell the fight. Mayweather promotions are already promoting a card on Showtime with Vargas and Lattimore in a double header. I'm pretty sure Floyd, Ellerbe, and Haymon have enough connections where they can get sponsors. 50 cent in one of his business can be a sponsor. I'm pretty sure Cotto has connections in Puerto Rico where he can get sponsors/investors and such.

I honestly think they can do it on their own. But, you right maybe they don't want to take the risk. Even though I think the risk would be very minimal

i agree that al haymon would be the wildcard

that guy knows what the hell he is doing and has plenty of connections

i'm also not sure by which method the HBO ppv date and the venue are booked. i'm pretty sure i've heard shaeffer say that goldenboy is the entitity that owns the right to the date, but i'd have to go back through the bscene archives or the court transcrips for his continuance.

in floyd's name with mayweather promotions? exclusively through al haymon?
    or is goldenboy involved. i tend to think that goldenboy is involved in that regard

on having the cash flow for the fighters garantee's and the cashflow to run such an event: i dont think that mayweather promotions and cotto promotions have that sort of muscle

again, with haymon, and the size of the fight, the HBO and vegas dates, it ceertainly wouldnt be impossible to find somebody to come up with that cash

but this isnt mayweather and pacquiao, its mayweather and cotto, and i dont see all of that money just coming out of the woodwork

and finally there's the nitty gritty part of the promotion. the grunt work.
    the logistics. putting on the event and promoting the thing to make sure people are in the building and buying ppv at home.
    while i agree that goldenboy isnt the greatest promotor out there, they've proven that they can handle that aspect of things. i think this aspect (outside of the hbo and ppv date rights and the venue date,) would be most difficult for mayweather promotions to deal with.

Comment

• The lvsac ate telling Floyd he is a inspiration to young boxers and needs to get more invoked with local clubs

Comment

• Originally posted by PACsmash View Post
        It's a left over don't use the weight as another excuse y'all *****s
        Loves to back track.. cotto is a PAC left over like it or not. Did PAC not fought cotto already? Did PAC not win? That's called a left over, thank u.
        I can't disagree with your post. You also have to agree that Pac has fought more of Floyd's leftovers than Floyd has fought Pac's leftovers. Floyd has only fought Marquez, and will now fight Cotto, two of Pac's leftovers. Pacquiao on the other hand has fought, Hatton, Oscar, Mosley, three of Floyd's leftovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugersean15 View Post
          May weather said he did not hit Harris he held her because she was on drugs and drink and that he pleded guilty to keep his kids off the stand and that he will turn himself in June 1

What a hero

this is probably the funniest post i've read this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            is the hearing going on right now or is later today?
            Right now as we spek

Comment

May weather said he did not hit Harris he held her because she was on drugs and drink and that he pleded guilty to keep his kids off the stand and that he will turn himself in June 1

What a hero
              OMFG....LMFAOHeheheheheheeeeee

Comment

Right now as we spek
                right on man thanks for the updates, keep 'em coming.

Comment

• This is much better than the garbage Canelo vs. Floyd fight.

Comment

• all in all I'm happy it's cotto instead of canelo. Now Pac vs. Bradley must be a lock more or less.

Comment

• This is only going to heat up the beef between 50 cent and Fat Joe. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X