Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves: Eubank Not Good Enough, His Very Best Can't Beat Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
    First in the Yldirim fight now this.. why r they always starting **** in the crowd?
    Who do you mean by they?
    The violence before the yildirim fight was two rival Turkish gangs going at it.

Comment

Try live streaming on periscope,I've had success on it.

Comment

I'm going for Eubank on account of his amazing engine. Groves is known to gas. Eubank drowns him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
          Although Groves isn't the world beater he thinks he is, Eubank has showed nothing since Saunders to suggest he can cope with a decent boxer who moves he's head and has counterpunching skills. I've never seem such a fuss as the one being made by Chris beating a completely unskilled opponent as he did last time out. Even when he lost to Saunders the press were going on about how well he did in the last few rounds. In fact, he was supposed to win in 5 rounds and be the future of UK boxing. He got he's ears boxed off.
          Yep I agree, the fight with groves will be all about range.
          Eubank does have speed, athleticism and fantastic work rate but it's all at mid range and reliant on someone coming forward onto him or prone against the ropes so he can unload. He looked terrible trying to pin down bjs and while he has shown improvements in his game it's impossible to assess wether he can control distance any better because all of his opponents have fought at a range he's comfortable with.
          They both prefer to fight on the back foot but groves has much the better jab so the onus will be on eubank to force the fight. I concede that eubank does have some impressive elements but I see them being nullified with controlling the distance, a good jab and decent timing.

I think it's groves fight to lose tactically, as long as he doesn't get dragged into a war. That's admittedly a big if with George though.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Groves what everyone wants to know is your opinion on Eubank saying he had his wicked way with you in sparring 90% of time.?
            He is cautious and wary of saying it about Froch. Only you and degale he is singling out. Sparring isnt everything but it is something.
            Some fighters use sparring to iron out kinks in their game, work on technique or try something new, others go full tilt and end up with an inflated opinion of their self by bossing the session.
            Yildirim knocked out degales teeth in sparring and that's probably the most notoriety he'll achieve in the sport. Froch wrote off groves completely after sparring and nearly paid for it.
            I'm sure there's some level of competitive aggression in there but I don't get it when fans or fighters read too much into it.

Comment

Groves has been in a lot of tough fights and he isnt what he used to be, I think Eubank will beat him by UD or late stoppage.

Comment

once Eubank gets hit with heavy hands, all tat high engine and work rate crap will go straight of window.

Comment

Cox was able to push Groves to the ropes and unload on him, but he just didn't have the guile to protect himself at close range. Eubank will get up close and lean to his right to take away George's biggest weapon, his right hand. I see him getting worked over by salvos and frustrated just as Abraham did, except the ref will be jumping in.

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
                    Who do you mean by they?
                    The violence before the yildirim fight was two rival Turkish gangs going at it.
                    I dunno, these boxing hooligans I guess. Didn't even know it was such an issue

Comment

Am a groves fan but he looked the nervous one in the ring sat when eubank came in were is that ****iness gone we saw v froch i loved that banter had froch in tears was key to him owning froch in 1st fight until disgrace stoppage eubank v groves is a close fight really is no chance goes 12

Comment

Working...
                      X