No announcement yet.

Most wins vs. former or current world titlists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
    Right - then Greb holds the record with 26 wins.
    Do you have a list of those champions so I can confirm it?

EDIT: I have 25. Who am I missing?
    Rosenbloom - 1
    Walker - 1
    Wilson - 3
    Flowers - 1
    McTigue - 2
    McCoy - 2
    Chip - 2
    Loughran - 4
    Levinsky - 6
    Tunney - 1
    Dillon - 2
    Last edited by Pigeons; 10-08-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Better to have fought the top tier men multiple times instead of the alphabet soup champs that occur using the WBA, WBC, IBO, IBF garbage we're smothered with now!

Robinson vs LaMotta 5 times is better than 80% of Mayweathers BS!
      Mayweather never fought any opponent who was feared!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Better to have fought the top tier men multiple times instead of the alphabet soup champs that occur using the WBA, WBC, IBO, IBF garbage we're smothered with now!

Robinson vs LaMotta 5 times is better than 80% of Mayweathers BS!
        Mayweather never fought any opponent who was feared!

Ray
        Feared by whom?

Freddie Roach is on record in 2010 saying that he didn't want Pacquiao to fight Shane Mosley because Shane was too good.

Floyd Mayweather fought Shane Mosley in 2010.

Comment

Sugar and Jake were feared by everyone thats why they fought each other so many times. Don't you know the simplest history facts?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Sugar and Jake were feared by everyone thats why they fought each other so many times. Don't you know the simplest history facts?

Ray
            Aren't you the guy who didn't even know there were 12 rounds in a fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Do you have a list of those champions so I can confirm it?

EDIT: I have 25. Who am I missing?
              Rosenbloom - 1
              Walker - 1
              Wilson - 3
              Flowers - 1
              McTigue - 2
              McCoy - 2
              Chip - 2
              Loughran - 4
              Levinsky - 6
              Tunney - 1
              Dillon - 2
              The one missing is his win against light heavyweight champ Jimmy Slattery.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                The one missing is his win against light heavyweight champ Jimmy Slattery.
                Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  How many guys did Greb fight doe like 4 guys for those 26 wins lol. I guess there could be more competition from the old timers in this sorta stat doe since they did fight each other a sh^tload of times. So for wins like OP is asking about might be Greb or some other old timer, but for most title holders defeated Floyd is for sure the guy.
                  By the same token, there were FAR LESS belts back then. It's very easy to beat a former world champion or to become a world champion right now.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    By the same token, there were FAR LESS belts back then. It's very easy to beat a former world champion or to become a world champion right now.
                    Beat me to it! Could you imagine if there four titles per division in the day of Henry Armstrong or Ray Robinson? There weren't as many weight divisions back then either.

Comment

I have to disagree somewhat with the summary that Mayweather never fought anyone feared. Chico was feared and dangerous. He simply did not have the speed to even compete with Mayweather. For the most part, it is true Mayweather avoided dangerous situations by letting the opposition fade before signing to fight them. With Chico I do not believe this was the case. He must have seen that Chico was too slow for him before signing.

When the prime guys are there, ready to fight, but you wait on them until they fade--Guess what?--you do not gain legacy points for that, you lose them.

It is always hilarious how a bunch of idiot fighters believe they are going to hornswoggle history by including names on their ledger who are faded ghosts, as if history and historians will not notice. This shows the level of education most boxers do not have.

Comment

Working...
                      X