No announcement yet.

Joe Rogaine: Rousey would have advantage over Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Like I said, Floyd could KO her, but she wouldn't stand there at distance and allow him to throw punches. She would immediately shoot, over and over and there's no fukin way Floyd would be able to stop her from taking him down.
    Call Ronda tell her you will fix her footwork problem.

And nice one bumping this, Cuah's posts entertained me again.

Comment

• Originally posted by led View Post
      Call Ronda tell her you will fix her footwork problem.

And nice one bumping this, Cuah's posts entertained me again.
      This conversation is still funny to me. Holm is a world class kick boxer and has been training in MMA for a long time.

IF you read my posts, I said Floyd could KO her, I said that MANY times. I still stick with the fact that if she grabs Floyd, it's over.

Floyd is a boxer, not an MMA fighter. I don't care if he trains for 8 months straight, he will not be able to over come what Rousey has done her entire life.

Holm is a different story, she's been a kick boxer and an MMA fighter for much longer than that.

Again, I will repeat myself so you can dig up threads and act as if I was so wrong.

Floyd can KO Rousey, but if she grabs him ITS OVER.

Comment

This conversation is still funny to me. Holm is a world class kick boxer and has been training in MMA for a long time.

IF you read my posts, I said Floyd could KO her, I said that MANY times. I still stick with the fact that if she grabs Floyd, it's over.

Floyd is a boxer, not an MMA fighter. I don't care if he trains for 8 months straight, he will not be able to over come what Rousey has done her entire life.

Holm is a different story, she's been a kick boxer and an MMA fighter for much longer than that.

Again, I will repeat myself so you can dig up threads and act as if I was so wrong.

Floyd can KO Rousey, but if she grabs him ITS OVER.
        She won the fight with pure boxing.

She is 2-1 as a kickboxer.

She is 32-2 as a boxer, with multiple world titles.

This excuse is laughable. "She's a kickboxer doe. She trains da MMA, doe."

Floyd could definitely learn to avoid a judo throw from a smaller female in 8 months.

Judo is not very successful in MMA.

Rousey is only successful at implementing it because of the low level of the opponents she has fought before Holm.

Comment

• Rousey one loss doesnt change how Rousey fights Floyds , it ends within the time frame of 2 minutes if that. He has a one punch chance but i would still favor Rousey grappling here . Stylistically she is still favored here and the loss will only make her better ,so if anything the odds are even more against him now ,she simply wouldn't take risks with Mayweather and go for the take down immediately .Floyds mot invincible to take downs regardless of gender ,its mind boggling to see so many who thinks he will be able to run around a caged arena like hes on the play ground ,sorry but that just wont happen ,he needs the moment k.o right out of the gate,hes not skilled enough or physical enough to do anything else at the starting point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post

Floyd could definitely learn to avoid a judo throw from a smaller female in 8 months.

Rousey is only successful at implementing it because of the low level of the opponents she has fought before Holm.
            Well I disagree and I think you underestimate how much you need to train in MMA to be effective.

I still don't see what I said was wrong. I never said she would beat Floyd in a boxing match, nor did I say Floyd has no chance. I just said that if she grabs Floyd it's over.

I still stick by that as I have told the story a few times here, how I grappled with a 150lb guy and got tapped because I know nothing of BJJ. You can't lean in a few months what she's been doing for years. Pure physical strength isn't enough. Holm has made the transition, and it took her years to do it.

If you guys think Floyd walks in the cage, with a few months training and just manhandles Ronda, you have never seen BJJ up close, never grappled and don't understand physical strength plays a very little part in it.

I mean, didn't you learn that in watching Royce Gracie in the first few UFC's? Dude was fighting guys 60lbs heavier, much stronger and he was choking them out in seconds.

At 38 years old, Floyd is too far gone to deal with anyone that skilled on the ground, male or female.

Comment

Holms did not win with pure boxing she used elbows kicks and more important grappling ,Ronda had her down twice , had that been Floyds arm she was trying to trap and extend she gets it . Mayweather can learn but to say Rousey doesnt in all likely hood get the take down is false when she does to guys as skilled as b.j Penn,Floyd has really nothing on her there.

Comment

• God you guys are ignorant and deluded. There is no speaking sense to you. Judo is not proven effective in MMA. There have been a number of top level judo men who entered MMA, with only mediocre success at very best. Holm did dominate the fight with pure boxing technique. She used footwook to maintain distance, and picked her apart with boxing. A couple elbows and a few kicks when Rhonda was already practically finished notwithstanding.

You guys are completely hopeless.

You act like Rousey is some takedown god or better yet MMA god. She is one dimensional. All she does is judo. She is able to do it against low-skilled fighters. As soon as she fought a real fighter, she was exposed. Floyd would have to do two things, keep distance, and escape the clinch, should it occur (which is doubtful that it even would).

It is unbelievable that people are still harping on over this, following the Holm fight.

Too proud to admit you were wrong and eat crow? Or just too stupid and ignorant to realize it, even now?

Comment

God you guys are ignorant and deluded. There is no speaking sense to you. Judo is not proven effective in MMA. There have been a number of top level judo men who entered MMA, with only mediocre success at very best. Holm did dominate the fight with pure boxing technique. She used footwook to maintain distance, and picked her apart with boxing. A couple elbows and a few kicks when Rhonda was already practically finished notwithstanding.

You act like Rousey is some takedown god or better yet MMA god. She is one dimensional. All she does is judo. She is able to do it against low-skilled fighters. As soon as she fought a real fighter, she was exposed. Floyd would have to do two things, keep distance, and escape the clinch, should it occur (which is doubtful that it even would).

It is unbelievable that people are still harping on over this, following the Holm fight.

Too proud to admit you were wrong and eat crow? Or just too stupid and ignorant to realize it, even now?
                  Neither, as you argue in a one dimensional way. It's obvious you don't have fighting experience, and think because he's a man, he wins.

Also, Judo is very effective in MMA, as she has shown that but it's not enough on it's own. Just like boxing isn't enough on it's own, or any art form. That's why it's called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS....lol

She isn't just a judo practitioner, she can do it all. Her wrestling is good, kicks, BJJ etc. What went wrong was Holm took her take downs away from her, and turned it into a boxing match which of course she's going to lose vs a world class women's boxer.

If Floyd can prevent the take down, and defend submissions, then of course he wins. I just don't think he's trained or skilled enough to do that. It would be James Toney vs Randy Couture all over again.

You are right about one thing, this is a needless conversation as they will never fight, and Floyd will never enter an octagon.

Comment

God you guys are ignorant and deluded. There is no speaking sense to you. Judo is not proven effective in MMA. There have been a number of top level judo men who entered MMA, with only mediocre success at very best. Holm did dominate the fight with pure boxing technique. She used footwook to maintain distance, and picked her apart with boxing. A couple elbows and a few kicks when Rhonda was already practically finished notwithstanding.

Not many people are skilled at judo to transition to MMa fighting since its mostly stand up leverage throws whicj can lead to getting hit more.Skilled judokans have been in MMa though one has even defeated Royce in pride in yoshida and Kayro Peryshian didn't do so bad either...you lack actual common sense to suggest the large absence of any art must mean it really doesn't work."As soon as she fought a real fighter" really sums up your fight IQ....

And just a reminder when shes actually on point.....

Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-16-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Neither, as you argue in a one dimensional way. It's obvious you don't have fighting experience, and think because he's a man, he wins.

Also, Judo is very effective in MMA, as she has shown that but it's not enough on it's own. Just like boxing isn't enough on it's own, or any art form. That's why it's called MIXED MARTIAL ARTS....lol

She isn't just a judo practitioner, she can do it all. Her wrestling is good, kicks, BJJ etc. What went wrong was Holm took her take downs away from her, and turned it into a boxing match which of course she's going to lose vs a world class women's boxer.

If Floyd can prevent the take down, and defend submissions, then of course he wins. I just don't think he's trained or skilled enough to do that. It would be James Toney vs Randy Couture all over again.

You are right about one thing, this is a needless conversation as they will never fight, and Floyd will never enter an octagon.
                      Actually I do have fighting experience and know more about MMA then you will ever know.

Rousey is one dimensional. And you are a drinker of koolaide, and very ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                      X