Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Negotiation Process Makes Fights': Donaire Explains Rigondeaux, Fight Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see donaire vs rigo. If they can't do it this year then next year would be ok. we cannot prove that rigo will beat donaire unless we see them fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
      You've done a hell of a PR campaign for Nonito in the last few weeks, Light Speed.

Most respectable posters on here, whether being involved personally or not, are pretty familiar with the "business of boxing" and how it works. We don't need you to keep re-iterating what we've known for years.

A few things that you should consider;

Even from a "marketing" perspective, Donaire's last 3 fights haven't been shrewd choices. To the "casual" boxing observer, which this article is implying that Donaire's platform is currently catering to, is completely unfamiliar with these fighters. ALL, from a general consensus, have been less talented, and u can argue, with the exception of Vasquez of course, even less market value than Rigondeaux.

The reason why the Rigo-Donaire fight hasn't been made isn't because Rigo has refused "Mathebula money". I know this for a fact.

I'm not hating on Nonito because frankly, he's not the first and won't be the last to take this route. Champions in boxing get protected, marketable prospects in boxing get protected. Nonito certainly has the talent and the appeal to fit in that category. This isn't news.

But please, don't make this about anything more than that. The fact the Rigo fight hasn't been made is because Rigo is a low reward- high risk fight. Out of all of the guys in the division Nonito is campaigning at, Rigo has the best, and very REAL chance of defeating Nonito. Period. If he was low reward, low risk (like the last 3 guys Nonito has fought), then Nonito most certainly would've been WBA Superbantamweight champion of the world by now.
      Fantastic post.

Comment

Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
        There are no "casual" fans watching boxing unless Mayweather or Pacquiao are fighting.

Where is a casual fan going to hear about Donaire from?
        Also, Nonito is nowhere near the level of draw that some of you are making him out to be. Certainly not of a Pacquiao-Mayweather, and not even of a Chavez- Canelo. So let's have some clear perspective on this. And by the looks of it, Nonito hasn't brought many people to the gate anyway.

It's safe to say that the fans that are interested in Nonito have already heard who Rigondeaux is. If not much, I guarantee they've heard more about him than they have of Wilfredo Vasquez Jr, Jeffrey Mathebula and Narvaez lol.

There's much talk about who the "casual" fans have and have not heard of. Very few "casual" boxing fans know or recognize Nonito Donaire as a top guy in the sport. And I know some of you nuthuggers don't want to realize this.

Also, to those saying how do we know that Rigo didn't refuse "mathebula money", like I said, i can confirm that Team Rigo has never sat down at a table to discuss a possible Donaire match-up. Ever.

There is no doubt that Nonito is being protected from the wolf. Because of this, the wolf is quickly becoming the Elephant in the Room.
        This, a thousand times over lol. The casual fan doesn't even know what the f**k a super bantamweight is, let alone calling for a mega fight with one.

Which is why Nonito isn't headlining any PPVs anytime soon until he decides to move to Lightweight. You want to talk about a big demand in the 122 division, there is no bigger demand than Rigondeaux-Donaire. None. Check your blogs, check the sites, articles, comments. Then get back to me about what the "casual fan" is expecting. All of you Donaire apologists saying if Donaire wants a "real" fight he should fight Nishioka, and although i agree with him earning his #1 spot at 122, how many "casual fans" have heard about the japanese superbantamweight champ?

Please, go somewhere with the "boxing business" explanations. The only business that is being minded here is the no business Nonito has stepping in the ring with Guillermo Rigondeaux.
        You guys beat me to it. When we speak of name recognition in boxing, very few fighters outside of Floyd and Pac are known to the occasional viewer. The notion that Nonito is known but Rigo isn't is like saying, "We know of the sun, but not of the moon." If you know one, you're bound to know the other.

Comment

Absolutely Makes Sense, Rigo is a glorified Amateur, he hasn't fought anyone at high caliber. If you cant take go sit on the corner.

Comment

Donaire you are ducking Rigo! Save your ******ed excuses. If Rigo was a bum like the South African or Arce, you would have fought him. Well at least Mares has stated that he wants to fight Rigo.

Comment

FB Chat conversation between me and a TEXTBOOK "casual" boxing fan (buys and/or attends watch parties for all the major fights, familiar with major names, really enjoys the sport, but doesn't follow it hardcore) about 20 minutes ago....

Malik ****
              Name the top guys in boxing off the top ah ya head
              Donelle ****
              lol floyd
              Malik ****
              Lol nah I mean like the dudes u consider major names
              Malik ****
              like Pay-Per-View popular names
              Donelle ****
              floyd manny
              Malik ****
              who else?
              ***(fast forward past some senseless s**t talking)***
              Donelle ****
              cotto marquez. now like da bradley dude becuz of the robbery. hopkins lol idk
              i'd say canelo now too cuz he beat mosley
              Malik
              what about Nonito Donaire?
              Donelle
              nonito not really big tho. he not like pac.
              Malik
              would u consider him a pretty well known name to a "casual" fan though?
              Donelle
              not really he hasnt really fought no big name n outside of him being filipino lol
              and then u mentioning him cuz of the cuban guy lol
              ******(skip some senseless s**t talking)*****
              Malik
              what about some of the other guys in his division?
              Donelle
              idk i dont really follow lightweight like dat

dude said Lightweight ya'll. Case in point.

Comment

FB Chat conversation between me and a TEXTBOOK "casual" boxing fan (buys and/or attends watch parties for all the major fights, familiar with major names, really enjoys the sport, but doesn't follow it hardcore) about 20 minutes ago....

dude said Lightweight ya'll. Case in point.
                lmfaoooo

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  lmfaoooo
                  I also want to add that he was 1 of 4 casual boxing fans that i asked/texted (all of which i've watched atleast one major PPV boxing card with).

The only reason I posted his, was because he was the only one that knew who Nonito Donaire was.

Comment

Nonito is one of my fav. But damn son if its all about buisness fight mares. He draws good. Hes in his prime and makes for good fights. put ure talents to the test donaire. Lets see how good u really are.
                    Last edited by Chiboxing123; 07-13-2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: h

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      But i thought Arum lets his fighters choose? And am i the only one that saw an empty stadium?
                      NOPE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X