No announcement yet.

Who like Thai Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who like Thai Boxing?

I'm very crazy thai boxing because its a martial arts.Thai boxing use punch, elbow, foot and knee.

I love it. I have been to so many events in New York. My gym hosts Friday Night Fights every month and have some great, great cards. I've also fought on some of the cards.

Comment

Are you talking about "Muay Thai" ? If that's what you're talking about then yeah I like it. My cousin's cuz use to do it. It's hard core ****. Too bad it isn't as big as other fighting sports. I remember as a kid watching Kick Boxer 1 with Van Damme lol.

Check this video out. The audio is off from the video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNhlDENU-Lk

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
        Are you talking about "Muay Thai" ? If that's what you're talking about then yeah I like it. My cousin's cuz use to do it. It's hard core ****. Too bad it isn't as big as other fighting sports. I remember as a kid watching Kick Boxer 1 with Van Damme lol.

Check this video out. The audio is off from the video though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNhlDENU-Lk
        I've heard it referred to as Thai Boxing a lot. I like to think of the style as Muay Thai but the actual matches as Thai Boxing. Either way, I don't care, why the **** is this thread in Fantasy sports?

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
          I've heard it referred to as Thai Boxing a lot. I like to think of the style as Muay Thai but the actual matches as Thai Boxing. Either way, I don't care, why the **** is this thread in Fantasy sports?
          Ever since I was a kid we've called it "Muay Thai". But it's the same thing now that I looked it up. I wasn't familiar with the "Thai Boxing" term of it. Us Lao people recognize it as Muay Thai. I guess it's a little like when people say Cambodian. They call them selves Khmer not Cambodians. Sorry getting off topic lol. Yeah it's a tough sport though, they kick trees and hard training and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by energylove View Post
            I'm very crazy thai boxing because its a martial arts.Thai boxing use punch, elbow, foot and knee.
            I heard its kicks as effective as they r hurt the kicker's lower back

Comment

Yeah I don't think fighting sports worry too much about long term problems until they occur. Like the straight up old school sit ups are bad for your lower back and could give you problems when you're older, depending on the person. Head shots could be brain damaging for sure, and many other problems can occur as well. I guess it's just a chance you take when you do the sport.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA0wXvyq-EM

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
                  Ever since I was a kid we've called it "Muay Thai". But it's the same thing now that I looked it up. I wasn't familiar with the "Thai Boxing" term of it. Us Lao people recognize it as Muay Thai. I guess it's a little like when people say Cambodian. They call them selves Khmer not Cambodians. Sorry getting off topic lol. Yeah it's a tough sport though, they kick trees and hard training and stuff like that.

Muay Thai means Thai boxing, its an English translation, they are the same thing.

I practice the art, its brutal and awesome.

Comment

I just came back from Thailand where I done a lot of Thai Boxing.

I also saw a lot of events, most fights end in KO's and these guys have hundreds of fights and start really early. On the undercard of one event I saw two little kids fought on the undercard no more than 8-years-old, even one of them got knocked out. They let the little ones showcase in the first fight.

Most of the fights I saw ended by knockout, but knees are the most prized. If you get in a clinch an land 6 knees to the body say, real Thai's will damn near **** themselves in appreciation and that round will be won.

Personally, I'm not great at it. Your balance needs to great and you are always on the ball of your backfoot. I got heavily criticised for moving my head by two different trainers in pidgeon English - presumably because it makes it easier for someone to knee you in the face. I'd like a fight in the near future but I'm almost certain as soon as I start my feet will be flat - pretty sure if I tried to be Thai boxing technically proficent someone would knock me out quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X