Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: If That Fury Showed Up - I Wouldn't Have Stood a Chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    Ortiz had looked terrible for years even before the 1st fight let alone the second. People forget that he was put on sky sports and used by hearn cause they wanted to build up an ortiz fight with Joshua but he looked so bad that no one was interested in it.
    Being in a boring fight is far different than not even being able to pull that trigger anymore. Ortiz can pull the trigger and Haye cannot. It's that simple. B-Hop could pull the trigger until almost 50 and Roy Jones couldn't at 35. That's just how it goes.

You know this and are just arguing for the h#ll of it but it's cool.

Comment

There's probably only like 10-15 fighters in all of boxing history that could beat Tyson Fury.

Comment

Joshua and Joe Joyce both take him out. Whyte is 50/50, usyk probs stops him too or outboxes him easily
        Joe Joyce has been on record saying he couldn't even land a finger on Fury in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          So you mean that little a$$ Bellew would be more competitive than Wilder? Please tell me that's not what you're saying.
          Bro, wtf lol - I'm saying Bellew vs Wilder would be more competitive than Fury vs. Wilder 3.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            Joe Joyce has been on record saying he couldn't even land a finger on Fury in sparring.
            Sam Jones said fury said Joyce is toughest spar he's ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
              Bro, wtf lol - I'm saying Bellew vs Wilder would be more competitive than Fury vs. Wilder 3.
              Right, which is completely ******ed. Wilder would erase him the second he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                It amuses me how AJ gets called 'china chin' afte rbeing wobbled by Whyte a decent puncher, getting up from big right from Wlad and concussed and eventually TKO'd by Ruiz from and good shot similar to the one on Wilder.

But Fury's chin is praised after getting knocked down by Wilder (and Cunningham) and Wilders chin is praised after getting dropped by schoniers, wobbled by Molina & Breazealle, badly hurt by Ortiz and concussed/TKO'd by Fury.

Wilders got no defence, he's not evasive, his chin isn't any better and he barely tries to punch his way out of trouble when being walked down probably becuase he can't throw any higher than 1-2 combination. AJ could definitely have success walking him down and that right is way less deadly when Wilder is on his back foot.

That said I definitely wouldn't favour Joyce he's pretty slow.
                Put in to context, Joshua or 'Frank Bruno MK2' looks like he's close to getting stopped when he gets smacked hard.
                A geriatric Wlad almost finished him, but Wlad hardly put a dent in Fury.

Then Joshua eventually gets hammered by the undisputed world heavyweight burger, fries, and ice cream eating champion.

Both Fury and Wilder absorb shots better than Joshua, and don't gas out like Joshua does.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that Dubois will use him as a heavy bag. Unless Daniel gasses with the volume of punches he lands on Joyce, he wins
                  The pressure is all on Joyce. Can he afford a defeat, least of all a crushing stoppage defeat?
                  He will be 35 in September, where does he go even he only loses on points?

I'm finding this one hard to call, does Joyce weather a storm in the early rounds and go on to punish Dubois's inexperience in the later rounds?

Initially I fancied Joyce to win, i'm just concerned that his low guard and slow reflexes might cost him dearly, now i'm thinking that Dubois might go for broke from the opening bell?

Comment

Who tf is Sam Jones?? Whoever he is, id rather take Joyce's own words then his.

Comment

Whether it was his toughest spar, or easiest, i think it doesn’t matter.

Fury is inconsistent and fights to the level of his opponents in actual fights, so i’d imagine he’s even more inconsistent with his sparring or when working on things.

All that really matters is how you perform when it matters. Fury doesn’t ever fail to rise to the occasion.

Comment

Working...
                      X